This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
zhivotnoya's profile picture

Room Digger

Started by zhivotnoya, 29 January 2013 - 03:16 PM
zhivotnoya #1
Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:16 PM
Ok, so I basically took the excavate program, and added another parameter. So now you can dig out a cube size x size x depth using the following command-line:

room <diameter> <depth>

to get it, use this on the turtle:

pastebin get jiSq9rF0 room
(or whatever you wanna call it).

Here's the pastebin for viewing the code. I changed one line at the top, and added a condition around line 326 that checks to see if the depth is greater than the maxDepth, as defined by 2nd variable in the command-line.

Not a major update, just something cool to use. Hope you enjoy it.

pastebin: http://pastebin.com/jiSq9rF0
unobtanium #2
Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:07 PM
Hey, i am accually searching for such an digging program for my ultimate wood chopper.
It might be cool if you could input three numbers. Depth, x-width, y-width. This would allow to make rectangle holes too.
Great program! I like the gps part where the turtle checks it position and gets back to the surface. :D/>
PhilHibbs #3
Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:47 AM
Here's how I'd build a room:

N = 1
While N < Room Size
  Dig Forward N, digging up and down before each move
  Turn Right
  Dig Forward N, digging up and down before each move
  Turn Right
  N = N + 1
End
Dig Forward N-1, digging up and down before each move
Dig Up &amp; Down
This will spiral out from the centre digging a three-block high room. If the room size is odd, then the room will be centred on the turtle start. If it's even, then it will be centred on the front right corner of the start point. If you want a deeper room, then just set it off again from in the ceiling or floor.
*edit* minor corrections to up &amp; down digging
I guess the main way I'll use this is to run it twice, once to excavate the floor and once to excavate the ceiling leaving a 4-high gap once I've lined the floor and ceiling with brick or marble or wood.
PhilHibbs #4
Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:46 PM
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/10056-room-maker-square-3-high/