This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
bjornir90's profile picture

[Beta] RednetTurtle | beta of the map !

Started by bjornir90, 02 February 2013 - 06:18 PM
bjornir90 #1
Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:18 PM
Ok so I have been working on it for 1 hour and I wanted to share it. But this is unfinished and not adapted for the public for the moment.
So this a program to control your turtle with rednet like it was your character ingame !

Controls :
Arrows to move around
Ctrl to go down
Leftshift to go up
Space to dig

To-Do list :
SpoilerAdd a map
Add an inventory screen
Add the ability to attack
Add the possibility to place block

Links :
SpoilerPc side :
http://pastebin.com/2qT5qHuH
Turtle side :
http://pastebin.com/idsiG3dk
Mikee251 #2
Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:47 PM
What I would really like to see is someone make a program that displays what the turtle sees, or atleast a look down map of its position. Maybe have it detect blocks and label it. then it saves the position and uses it in a 2d map
Roonagooo #3
Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:49 PM
that program looks like lots of fun to play with and nicely done.

also it would be good if there was a camera peripheral or somthing wouldnt it (if there alredy is a camera peripheral i appologise im new to this as you can see by my post count)
bjornir90 #4
Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:46 AM
I'm working on the map as you can see in the code but it will take some time to do because this is hard to do…
And thanks you =)
Kryptanyte #5
Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:52 AM
There is a basic program from an earlier version of CC, that did include a 2d map on a single plane. I suspect that doing a multi-level map would be just writing the detected blocks to an image to be saved and read later? I would love to link you to the original script, but its been quite a while, its most likely buried under all the new programs.
bjornir90 #6
Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:57 AM
I think I have seen the program your are talking about. I just wanted to create mine and to make it "famous" :)/>
Kryptanyte #7
Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:25 PM
Yeah, I think its from when wireless turtles were first introduced. It would most likely be a lot better to make now.
bjornir90 #8
Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:19 AM
Why would it be better to do now ?
Kryptanyte #9
Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:36 PM
Theres better API's and things that were not in the old version of CC
vernes #10
Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:37 AM
What I would really like to see is someone make a program that displays what the turtle sees, or atleast a look down map of its position. Maybe have it detect blocks and label it. then it saves the position and uses it in a 2d map
I KNOW I've seen a youtube video where this happens.
It showed a turtle trying to solve a maze.
A maze solving turtle.
It used some algorithm to find the quickest route.
bjornir90 #11
Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:02 AM
Ok so I've got the map to be drawn properly but now I must work on networking about all the data it needs and the relative position of the turtle. You need octree API, it's in the API section :)/>
bjornir90 #12
Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:21 AM
Ok so all the code for the map is done, I just have to do some tests and it will be ready for you to download. Expect it before wenesday :)/>