This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Cakestory's profile picture

Add turtle.dig(),... to only be used with opped fakeplayer

Started by Cakestory, 08 February 2013 - 10:07 AM
Cakestory #1
Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:07 AM
Hi,
after i asked the developer of "Griefprevention" (bukkit plugin) who send me to the MCPC+ Forum who send me here i would like to ask you for this topic.
Computercraft Turtles are able to mine whereever they want on my mod server with MinecraftPortCentralPlus installed (which ports CraftBukkit and the Bukkit API into Forge itself).
The plugins i tried should protect claimed land from turtles operating there but they are not able to prevent them using turtle.dig() (, digDown, digUp).
As i got to know Computercraft, like some other mods, uses a fakeplayer to prevent turtles from placing blocks (turtle.place()). Now my question/suggestion is to add this check for turtle.dig() ,too.
In the forum of MCPC+ i was told that it is on the moddevelopers theirselves to implement fakeplayer.
Would you be able to add this necessary feature in the next versions of Computercraft?

This feature was requested on dozens of forums i read but nobody seemed to know that ,if needed/wanted, it must be implemented by the mod developers.
I am not suggesting this feature only for myself but for the other CC users out there that want to protect their servers from griefers to let the people keep their fun on coding.

If i missed another post on this topic or missunderstood something, i am sorry but there does not seem to be an explicit statement on this (as far as i could find out) or at least a "nooby friendly one" people like me could understand.

Thanks for your patience.
Cloudy #2
Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:23 AM
It's not simple - it would require us adding full bukkit support. We don't currently support it.
Cakestory #3
Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:26 PM
What a pity. :(/>