This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
absorr's profile picture

[WIP] Modular CC Robotics [Dev Stage 1: 50%] [HELP WANTED]

Started by absorr, 15 February 2013 - 02:13 AM
absorr #1
Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

I NEED MORE HANDS TO MAKE THIS! I do not have the time on my hands to do this alone! Please contact me if you are a modder interested in helping me create this mod!

I am now working on a new mod that I am calling Modular ComputerCraft Robotics! This mod will add realistic robotics that you can add all sorts of motors, servos, sensors, upgrades, and more! You can even make it bigger and add limbs to it to make your own robocop, or perhaps a butler, or if you have no life, a best friend! The robots will be controlled by a computer through a peripheral. The whole mod itself is based off of real life robotics (I for one was in the FTC this year so I am taking it from experience) and the coding will be based off of RobotC but modified to be compatible with Lua.

For more details and our progress in making it, see our mind map!
http://www.mindmeist...lar-cc-robotics
We are also posting our code often to GitHub!
Will post link after first build release!

Development Staging
SpoilerThe following is basic overviews. See the mind map for details on what is planned to come out and when.

Stage 1 (Alpha): No build releases, create basics
Stage 2 (Beta): Start pushing out essentials. Still fairly basic. Release when done.
Stage 3 (Full): Make more advanced and add on to it
Stage 4 (Full): Make even more advanced and add realism, essentially a 2.0

Check back soon for more updates!
sirdabalot #2
Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:56 AM
Seems like a fun idea, keep goin' at it!
Viproz #3
Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:10 AM
Good idea :)/>
BigSHinyToys #4
Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:07 PM
will the player be able to ride a robot ?? maybe having a chair that the player sits in and can control a robot like a walking car or something.
Mailmanq! #5
Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:36 AM
Great idea, can't wait for it!
jdkxspace #6
Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:58 AM
Whoa! Cool! I have been looking for a peripheral/mod like this, because I have almost no life (my best friend lives in Texas) so I want a best friend in Minecraft. Maybe once it comes out I'll make a program for my MBF (Minecraft Best Friend) and post it.
Meni #7
Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:11 PM
Great idea, it might be a good mod!
Spongy141 #8
Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:57 PM
Great, I hate how turtles do not have enough power, and enough perks you can add to them.
Cloudy #9
Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:39 AM
How do they not have enough power? Because they won't cook your breakfast for you?
Spongy141 #10
Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:49 AM
Well I don't like how you can't give them extra senses, to detect better. But that would be cool having them cook breakfast…
Mikeemoo #11
Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:53 AM
Well I don't like how you can't give them extra senses, to detect better. But that would be cool having them cook breakfast…

Yes, you can. Using OpenCCSensors.

Next!
absorr #12
Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:17 PM
Sorry that I have not been working on it. Life has been hectic for me with school, work, and things like that. I will now try to get more time in on making this. If any modders would like to assist in making this, I would appreciate any amount of help (requires that you have a GitHub account).

For those that want to get a head start on programming, I am posting API details on my mind map (link). There is a branch called API and from there you can click the little note icons to see what each one does. Please note that it is possible (but not likely) that those will change.

As usual, you can see the progress and what is left to be done in my mind map. Thanks for all of the interest, guys!
Tiin57 #13
Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:07 AM
I would love to help out with this.
Zudo #14
Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:00 PM
Make blocks that stick to robots!