This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Engineer's profile picture

Ideas for programs

Started by Engineer, 17 February 2013 - 12:49 PM
Engineer #1
Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:49 PM
Hello,

Lately I am in a programming mood but I dont know what to make. Any Ideas for a program?
(I would say im an avarage programmer)

Thanks,

Engineer

Note: Please only leave suggestions.
GravityScore #2
Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:16 PM
Make Mario! :D/>
bjornir90 #3
Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:04 PM
I'm already making it :P/> Here's the post if you want to help : http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/10498-new-kind-of-game-need-help-with-graphics/page__pid__87704#entry87704
GravityScore #4
Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:10 PM
I'm already making it :P/> Here's the post if you want to help : http://www.computerc...7704#entry87704

:D/> Someone's finally making Mario! :D/> :D/>

Been waiting forever for this… :P/>
lieudusty #5
Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:47 AM
Make mineception!
bjornir90 #6
Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:55 PM
Make mineception!
Already done search on the program subforum :)/>
TheOutcast5 #7
Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:06 PM
Why don't you make a program which controls a factory or something.
Make mineception!
Do you really need to kill everything?
bjornir90 #8
Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:15 PM
If I do that it's to avoid to have a program twice and all the problem that comes along (copyright, credits etc etc) Not to be a dick about every idea… and this doesn't him I just let him know. And so lieudusty can use it :)/>
Hazrock #9
Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:33 PM
A couple things I would be working on if I had an ios cc emu:

A file compressor (using a proper algorithm, not just replacing 'print(' with '@pr' or the like)
A secure software distribution system (you can buy a program and it will only run on one computer)
A self-propagating, self-defending, self-aware mining turtle swarm.
Engineer #10
Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:08 AM
Why don't you make a program which controls a factory or something.
Make mineception!
Do you really need to kill everything?

I am very interested in your factory idea. But now I need a factory. What does the factory make?:P/>
bjornir90 #11
Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

A file compressor (using a proper algorithm, not just replacing 'print(' with '@pr' or the like)
A secure software distribution system (you can buy a program and it will only run on one computer)
If you make ever the secure software distrisbution could pm me (if you remember) because I really want to see how you could do that :P/>
Hazrock #12
Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

If you make ever the secure software distrisbution could pm me (if you remember) because I really want to see how you could do that :P/>/>/>

My understanding is that its not possible to be 100% secure (unless you run a rootkit on boot…), since the only difference between computers is id, and os.getComputerID can be overridden…

I came close by encrypting the program using a hash of the program that runs it and the id as a key, but the user could easily get that key the same way I do… (Copy the decryptor, change loadstring to file:write, and point it at the old file.) I did obfuscate it to make that harder though.
bjornir90 #13
Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

If you make ever the secure software distrisbution could pm me (if you remember) because I really want to see how you could do that :P/>/>/>/>

My understanding is that its not possible to be 100% secure (unless you run a rootkit on boot…), since the only difference between computers is id, and os.getComputerID can be overridden…

I came close by encrypting the program using a hash of the program that runs it and the id as a key, but the user could easily get that key the same way I do… (Copy the decryptor, change loadstring to file:write, and point it at the old file.) I did obfuscate it to make that harder though.
That's why I ask you to pm me, because everyone think this is impossible here so if you make it, I want to know how :P/>
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #14
Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

I have made a compressor and i am working on loading and creating zip filees

this is IMPOSSIBLE in any languaj ex: ITunes, jailbreak your ipod and then you can copy and redistribute paid apps
Goof #15
Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

If you make ever the secure software distrisbution could pm me (if you remember) because I really want to see how you could do that :P/>
to make that secure..thats really easy xD ( not to be the master ) it is just downloaded by 1 computer.. then the computer would send a script to a server, which closes the income and outcome scripts, so no other computers does have any access to the code… (also if you copy the program it would easy just be told to delete it.)

Sorry for cutting you down :P/>
martin509 #16
Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:38 PM
How about a spreadsheet?
Not too hard, I haven't really seen any.. Make it!
Dlcruz129 #17
Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

I have made a compressor and i am working on loading and creating zip filees

this is IMPOSSIBLE in any languaj ex: ITunes, jailbreak your ipod and then you can copy and redistribute paid apps

1. Your compressor enlarges files rather than compressing them.

2. Don't jailbreak your iPod. You are no longer able to download updates, so in a few years when the rest of the world is launching rockets from their phones, you'll still be hyped up about Siri.
TheOddByte #18
Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:45 AM
Why don't you make 2D Slender =)