This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Dlcruz129's profile picture

Searching "GPS"

Started by Dlcruz129, 20 February 2013 - 02:48 AM
Dlcruz129 #1
Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:48 AM
I understand that three letter words are blocked from the search bar, as someone could search a word like "the" and overload the forums. Is it possible to add an exception for the word "GPS"? I know I could use google, but this just makes more sense.
Cranium #2
Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:05 AM
You should be able to use "GPS " (with a space)

Strike that. it's 4 characters or less….
Edited on 20 February 2013 - 03:06 AM
Lyqyd #3
Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:40 AM
Use Google. That's the short and the long of it, really.
AfterLifeLochie #4
Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:57 AM
Please read the other thread discussing "can we change the search engine" here for our advised solution.
Dlcruz129 #5
Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:09 PM
I understand that three letter words are blocked from the search bar, as someone could search a word like "the" and overload the forums. Is it possible to add an exception for the word "GPS"? I know I could use google, but this just makes more sense.

Also, Advanced Search still blocks "GPS" when searching in the Programs forum.
Lyqyd #6
Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:06 AM
No, it doesn't make more sense to try to modify the forums to handle "GPS" as a special case. I was fully cognizant of what you said (neither the other moderators nor I need bold, underlined and italicized to understand written English), you are simply wrong. I will agree that it is less convenient to try to search for (but only just barely), but the cost/benefit ratio is very very large when it comes to making that change.
PixelToast #7
Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:43 AM
google is good for these types of things, the restriction is in place because the server has to check every single post:

site:computercraft.info Tutorials GPS

that will give you a list of popular threads (most in the tutorial section)