This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L)'s profile picture

Program debugger

Started by FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L), 20 February 2013 - 09:43 AM
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #1
Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:43 AM
pastebin: zyQx2Kin
version 1.1
This program will log what is runned, and all the term api functions
commands:

log run programname –debug the program and save it to [programname]log
log clear logname –clear the log so your code is back(if you have deleted the original programn, this is useful)
log view logname –prints the debugged information(formatted because reading it from the code is mess!)

Press key to continue with the next section/line

Suggestion by PM

Lightshot tutorial: 9JyuyRGB

EDIT: Lightshot do not display very well the output i see, t forgot to clear the screen and display what i type
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #2
Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:05 PM
nobody using it? :(/>
Bubba #3
Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:20 PM
You should probably add a bit more of a description/screenshots so people know what it does. Not to mention it's only been two hours since you posted it.
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #4
Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:05 PM
no screenshots becuse every program output is diferent!
1lann #5
Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:06 PM
no screenshots becuse every program output is diferent!
Well give an example output!
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #6
Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:09 PM
currently on my phone please somebody post one (or a lightshot video)
darkroom #7
Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:18 PM
I am trying not to be rude but your programs have been making me angry. You make illegitimant programs with little documentation and expect people to use them get with the sytle of the forums and put some work into your posts
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #8
Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:21 PM
I am trying not to be rude but your programs have been making me angry. You make illegitimant programs with little documentation and expect people to use them get with the sytle of the forums and put some work into your posts
1- Why illegitimant programs?
2- My programs are easy to use a they dnt have much commands
3- Im in my phone, can you run cc-emu there?
NeverCast #9
Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:44 PM
You didn't even provide me with a link to the pastebin, I've gotta copy and paste.
*Sighs* Humanity, I've little faith in it.

Right, please stop declaring things as global, use local.
Also I can't understand what this thing is even meant to do.
And what the hell does this mean?

if not v then
                afsdfsfs="lsdksfksfs"
        else
darkroom #10
Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:48 PM
1- Why illegitimant programs?
2- My programs are easy to use a they dnt have much commands
3- Im in my phone, can you run cc-emu there?
Look if you want people to use your programs one provide pictures, detailed explanation of what it does, and examples. Also you say your programs don't have alot of commands well people just anit gonna use programs with little commands spend some time make a nice post then we talk again.
sjele #11
Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:33 PM
So when i ran this program, i had to read to code to figure out how view worked, as i thought it was frozen or something. You should have told us how to make the darn screen in view update. I sat and looked at it for 1 minute, then got tired and pulled code open and noticed you needed a key event to go to next screen. Allso you could have told us what you saved log under, and you fucking rewrote my code. I ran the program with progname run Sjele to get a log. Then spent ages trying to find out how to read log, and now i tried to edit sjele again, and guess what now it looks like this: http://pastebin.com/tn0hUT3i

I guess this debugger breaks programs, i were lucky i used a test program not a fully functional one.

[edit]
You could told us that the clear thingy removes all the shit from the program
[/edit]
theoriginalbit #12
Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:20 PM
I guess this debugger breaks programs, i were lucky i used a test program not a fully functional one.
More of a 'Program bugger' then :P/>
sjele #13
Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Yuup :)/>

As to the program, the log should probebly not be in the same file as the original program.
You should make a new file for it, maybe name it programname.log or something.
Not in the program you debug.
Pinkishu #14
Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:54 AM
I'd like it to use xpcall instead of pcall ~
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #15
Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:23 AM
So when i ran this program, i had to read to code to figure out how view worked, as i thought it was frozen or something. You should have told us how to make the darn screen in view update. I sat and looked at it for 1 minute, then got tired and pulled code open and noticed you needed a key event to go to next screen. Allso you could have told us what you saved log under, and you fucking rewrote my code. I ran the program with progname run Sjele to get a log. Then spent ages trying to find out how to read log, and now i tried to edit sjele again, and guess what now it looks like this: http://pastebin.com/tn0hUT3i

[edit]
You could told us that the clear thingy removes all the shit from the program
[/edit]
look at the irst post

log clear logname –clear the log so your code is back

Yuup :)/>

As to the program, the log should probebly not be in the same file as the original program.
You should make a new file for it, maybe name it programname.log or something.
Not in the program you debug.
so the clar function its unuseful…
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #16
Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:39 AM
lightshot movie added
marted #17
Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:39 AM
Interesting. I like this.
SuicidalSTDz #18
Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:27 PM
I am honestly not impressed (hate to say). All the files I "debugged" were corrupted afterward. "A" for effort though ;)/>
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #19
Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:03 AM
I am honestly not impressed (hate to say). All the files I "debugged" were corrupted afterward. "A" for effort though ;)/>
I said in other post and in the first post that if you run programname clear logname, it gives your code back!
SuicidalSTDz #20
Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:06 AM
I am honestly not impressed (hate to say). All the files I "debugged" were corrupted afterward. "A" for effort though ;)/>/>
I said in other post and in the first post that if you run programname clear logname, it gives your code back!
Why would you ever even place code in my program? Save the log to a different file, not mine.
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #21
Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:13 AM
I am honestly not impressed (hate to say). All the files I "debugged" were corrupted afterward. "A" for effort though ;)/>/>
Why would you ever even place code in my program? Save the log to a different file, not mine.
I will work on that
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #22
Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:23 AM
new version added 1.1
jesusthekiller #23
Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:39 AM
I wrote "debug", got idea from this app, supports arguments :D/>

Thread: here