This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Exerro's profile picture

BlueSky [2.0.0] - Program helper! Log events, Save/Load Variables and more...

Started by Exerro, 24 February 2013 - 03:24 AM
Exerro #1
Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:24 AM
BlueSky - program helper
Basic description:
This program adds in extra options and abilities for running your programs. You can log things, save and load variables, add in multiple screens, create clickable buttons with 1 line of code, make text files, exe files and bls files, pack and unpack files/folders, save and read files with 1 line.
To make a program that can use its features, you must type "BlueSky/create [filename] [exe/txt/bls]" then you can run the program by typing "BlueSky/run [foldername]".
This will make a log, config, info and variable file that you can look at, edit and play around with.
Most things are self explanatory once you have downloaded it, and you can refer to the Guide.txt or README.txt if you want to know more.

In detail description:
SpoilerTo use BlueSky type BlueSky/[name] [filename]

Here is a list of all the main useable programs and what they do:
pack [folder] [filename] = packs a folder into one file that can later be extracted ( made by wilcomega )
unpack [filename] [folder] = unpacks a archive file into a folder ( made by wilcomega )
run [filename] = runs the program ( will run different programs in different ways ( more on that later ) )
create [filename] = creates an BlueSky file ( exe/bls/txt ) – this doesn't change the code at all and the code will run normally
undo [filename] = turns a BlueSky exe file back to an original file

The filetypes so far and what the will do when run through BlueSky/run: ( files with stars are normal files/folders and not BlueSky files )
Spoiler*normal file = runs normally
*archive = will ask if you want to unpack it
*folder = will ask if you want to pack it
exe = will run the file with certain config options and log certain events
bls = same as exe and contains different sky functions that will be organised & run in a useful way ( sky.load, sky.update, sky.draw, sky.input etc )
txt = will print out the document and use keys to scroll through text

What happened to my file!?!?!?
SpoilerIf you used BlueSky/create on one of your files and now there is a folder with the same name, don't worry, that's normal
It creates a folder with certain files inside that hold different important data
You can still run these files by typing [filename]/code or BlueSky/run [filename] ( to get the extra features )
If you want to undo it, type BlueSky/undo [filename] ( i would recommend making a copy first, it can be buggy and lose file contents )

So what do I get from BlueSky?
Right now:
a logging function ( you can use this by typing sky.log.add( [type( like graphics or variable )], data ) )
see how long the program ran for
see how many times a program has been run
functions like sky.readFile and sky.saveFile that can read/save to files in table or string format
ability to pack and unpack files/folders
the button api = easily add clickable buttons to the screen with 1 line
the graphics library = loads of easy to use graphics functions like rectangles and circles
the screen api = write to multiple screens and draw to them
Coming soon:
SpoilerLoads of amazing APIS
the menu api = add dropdown menus to the screen
the file library = adds loads of easy to use functions that let you do things with files
More file formats that let you do useful things
BlueSky program formatting ( organise your code and manage coroutines )

pastebin : kaL6eMBw ( type "pastebin get kaL6eMBw install" in game to download )
If you have any suggestions/questions post them below and i will try my best to answer them.

Thanks for reading!

Edit: this is very hard to explain, to really understand what it does, you have to try it!
wilcomega #2
Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:31 AM
very nice, all i had to say