This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
NightKev's profile picture

Automated Dark Iron creation

Started by NightKev, 01 March 2013 - 03:40 AM
NightKev #1
Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:40 AM
Inspired by Guude's use of a turtle to save his dark iron blocks from being burned, I created a script to do the entire thing for me. It's pretty simple, but it gets the job done. I still need to add a couple safeguards (in case people feed it, say, dirt blocks instead of iron blocks for whatever reason), but otherwise all you do is input iron blocks in the bottom chest and get dark iron blocks in return at the top chest (I used enderchests, myself).

Link to script: http://pastebin.com/bsgPufHH
The license (as if it really needs one) is CC0.

How to use (also at the top of the script):
Spoiler
-- How to use this:
-- Place a chest/enderchest/inventory storage box above and below the mining turtle.
-- Build a dark iron "forge" in front of the turtle (3x3x3 cube of netherbrick with a hole in the middle and out one side (the side of the turtle obviously))
--   (iirc the minimum is 20 netherbrick in the 3x3x3 area, the max structure is 25 netherbrick total).
-- Put a dark iron block in the turtle's bottom right inventory slot.
-- Optional steps if you have RedPower2:
-- * Put a deployer opposite the turtle in place of the netherbrick block, filled with wrath igniters.
-- * Make some method of the turtle outputting a redstone signal to its left and into the deployer
--     (such as a simple wraparound of red alloy wiring along the structure connected to the turtle)
-- Put iron blocks in the bottom chest, receive dark iron blocks in the top chest.
-- Optional (but recommended): Name the script "startup"

-- Note: The turtle should be self-correcting in most situations, unless you feed it things that aren't iron blocks.
-- I'll do something about that next version of the script.

Screenshots:
SpoilerIgnore the redpower tubes to the side, that's just an autocrafting table to turn iron ingots into iron blocks.
Second_Fry #2
Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:23 PM
I have created similar program here - http://pastebin.com/SeiJu4cH

Differences is:
1) Simple text output
2) Longer delay (5 sec vs. 0.5 sec)

Setup is the same except you dont need to put Dark Iron Block in 16 slot.