This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
JJRcop's profile picture

Just a few questions about the [1.51] cables.

Started by JJRcop, 01 March 2013 - 05:49 AM
JJRcop #1
Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:49 AM
  1. Will they have a limited 'range'? (My guess is very likely no, but you never know.)
  2. Are they just peripheral cables or are they multipurpose as in rednet and peripheral? (Guess is likely yes, again I can never know.)
  3. Since they are peripheral capable which I know is a fact, how can I use it for the rednet, (that is if it is rednet capable,) when a malicious user can just wrap my computer and turn it off, do you have anything to combat that?
  4. Sorta relating to the last question. In the preview image I saw two states of the interface between the computer/peripheral and the cable, those states were, like the modems, red and grey. Does that mean that only the grey/inactive interfaces can be used as a peripheral?
  5. Are the crafting recipe for the cables/cable interface that expensive? (Guess is likely no.)
Thanks.
PixelToast #2
Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:53 AM
Since they are peripheral capable which I know is a fact, how can I use it for the rednet, (that is if it is rednet capable,) when a malicious user can just wrap my computer and turn it off, do you have anything to combat that?
nope, you cant reverse wrap a computer through the modem, you will have to connect a cable (without a modem) to the computer for it to be accessed as a peripheral, not sure tho
JJRcop #3
Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:53 AM
Great news!

EDIT: Removed "Thanks" because it gives a sort of a sense that I am satisfied entirely when only one question was answered. Thanks again PixelToast!
Pinkishu #4
Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:58 AM
  1. Will they have a limited 'range'? (My guess is very likely no, but you never know.)
  2. Are they just peripheral cables or are they multipurpose as in rednet and peripheral? (Guess is likely yes, again I can never know.)
  3. Since they are peripheral capable which I know is a fact, how can I use it for the rednet, (that is if it is rednet capable,) when a malicious user can just wrap my computer and turn it off, do you have anything to combat that?
  4. Sorta relating to the last question. In the preview image I saw two states of the interface between the computer/peripheral and the cable, those states were, like the modems, red and grey. Does that mean that only the grey/inactive interfaces can be used as a peripheral?
  5. Are the crafting recipe for the cables/cable interface that expensive? (Guess is likely no.)
Thanks.

2. Multipurpose
3. was already answered
5. i dont think they will be not sure though; but they're talking about making wireless more expensive
JJRcop #5
Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:00 AM
Even more good news!
Sxw #6
Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:35 PM
Just thought I would point this out, it's 1.51 not 1.6
Cruor #7
Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:17 AM
1. 256m
4. That picture was just a showoff im guesing it will have the red ring when its actualy done