This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Acfuffy's profile picture

Play minecraft from any device!

Started by Acfuffy, 04 March 2013 - 10:52 AM
Acfuffy #1
Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:52 AM
Hey guys, my name is acfuffy and I have a useful tutorial for you! It is a minecrft one, not cc. Here you go!
Step 1. Download team viewer on your computer with minecraft on it
step 2. Download teamviewer on your other device(s)*
step 3. Input the username and password from your computer onto your device(s)
step 4. Play!

*Teamviewer is on the app store and online for free. It activates your computer and turns on remote desktop
Ilya21 #2
Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:34 PM
this is toooooo much lagg
AnDwHaT5 #3
Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:07 PM
can this be used for not just minecraft but for more things on your computer?
SuicidalSTDz #4
Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:21 PM
TeamViewer is more used by people on the go. It is not so much intended to play video games… If you really have that little of a life to play Minecraft whilst you are out somewhere, wether it be eating, shopping, etc, then you might as well just stay at your residence with the lights out eating junk food. Back on topic, TeamViewer is used to help people hands on, share files (Sometimes illegally :P/>), etc.

In response to llya21, it is too much lag because TeamViewer was never intended to play video games from a mobile device. Or it is too much lag because you don't have the "best" PC :P/>

Back to the main post:

How is this a tutorial? TeamViewer is not just on the appstore or android market. It is also available on PC's/Laptops to share screens between users.
Cranium #5
Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:09 PM
Moved to General as it's not really a tutorial, nor is it related to ComputerCraft.
Shnupbups #6
Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:28 AM
I use Kainy, though I don't think it's on iOS.
willdude123 #7
Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:48 AM
Things like this are normally too slow for me unfortunately.
supersammy00 #8
Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:22 PM
can this be used for not just minecraft but for more things on your computer?
of course it is your desktop but not full screen games only windowed
Left4Cake #9
Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:30 PM
I recommended kainy for android users. http://www.kainy.com/
PixelToast #10
Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:31 PM
teamviewer does not work for MC, ive tried
ikke009 #11
Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:12 PM
I feel like the title of this thread should be "Play minecraft VIA any device!"..
Also if you're on an android tablet or something I'd rather use Splashtop 2. The problem with programs like these though, is that in minecraft and other games with similar camera setups (aka 95% of all 3D games ever made) keep the cursor focused in the center of the screen, which splashtop and teamviewer does not.
When I tried this out with guildwars 2 my camera spazzed out horribly if I tried to move my camera view.
Left4Cake #12
Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:50 AM
Thats why I like Kainy,it sole pourpuse is to stream games. It work with most full screen games. (Sadly not minecraft in fill screen but it dose crop to the window) It also has a custmize able vurial gamepad, and dose not the camrea mohse issue.

Think of it like onLive but hosted on your own PC.