This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
AnDwHaT5's profile picture

Server hosters

Started by AnDwHaT5, 04 March 2013 - 12:08 PM
AnDwHaT5 #1
Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:08 PM
So as you know if you dont like or cant host a server from your house you can get a server hoster. Well the other day i found a server hoster that is really nice and i wanted to share it with you. I am almost positive you can add computercraft in fact i bet customer service would do it for you. They have great and cheap prices and upon request can make it tekkit but has to be custom ordered. There prices are good to and i have a server with them. It works great! Here is the link to the hosters products service. There called LimeHosting. http://billing.limehosting.co/aff.php?aff=016 and if you have something to say or comment do so below.
MudkipTheEpic #2
Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:11 PM
I actually prefer Peak Hosting. They have a wonderful support team and the prices are great.

http://www.peak-hosting.com/minecraftservers.html
AnDwHaT5 #3
Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:33 PM
I didnt like it because there prices were way higher then limehosting and i cant say difference in quality but limehosting has amazing customer service!
MudkipTheEpic #4
Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:44 PM
I didnt like it because there prices were way higher then limehosting and i cant say difference in quality but limehosting has amazing customer service!
Really…….

THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME PRICES. (Actually a little less pricey for Peak Hosting…)
Does LimeHosting allow you to have a dedicated IP, have THEM install plugins for you, or answer support tickets in less then 5 minutes? Not to mention the constant livechat, GREAT customer service, and ability to ask them ANYTHING. I own a Wolf server on there, and It runs beautifully with ~20 plugins installed.

Edit: Hate to start a flamewar, but I HAD to say this.
AnDwHaT5 #5
Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:47 PM
LOL i read fine print. Oh and everything said under the HUGE letters yes they do yes yes yes and im just randomly typing yes for all of which is yes. And some of which better.
MudkipTheEpic #6
Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:48 PM
LOL i read fine print. Oh and everything said under the HUGE letters yes they do yes yes yes and im just randomly typing yes for all of which is yes. And some of which better.

What fineprint?
AnDwHaT5 #7
Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:49 PM
Really…….

THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME PRICES. (Actually a little less for Peak Hosting…)
Does LimeHosting allow you to have a dedicated IP, have THEM install plugins for you, or answer support tickets in less then 5 minutes? Not to mention the constant livechat, GREAT customer service, and ability to ask them ANYTHING. I own a Wolf server on there, and It runs beautifully with ~20 plugins installed.

next to the huge print…..

Really…….

THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME PRICES. (Actually a little less for Peak Hosting…)

ahh i read it wrong hold on while i check the prices again.
AnDwHaT5 #8
Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:51 PM
can you put the link down i cant find it this time for some reason
MudkipTheEpic #9
Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:52 PM
Really…….

THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME PRICES. (Actually a little less pricey for Peak Hosting…)

Really…….

ahh i read it wrong hold on while i check the prices again.

Yah, I meant Peak Hosting was less expensive.

Sure, 1st reply and scroll down.
AnDwHaT5 #10
Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:57 PM
Ok everyone guess what! Peakhosting is 5 cents less then LimeHosting. I will give you that but i like the service with lime hosting because they responded with in 1 min of request and added me on skype so i can get instant help when needed.

BTW i must have been looking at a different page before because it was like 50$ for 1.5 gig of ram
MudkipTheEpic #11
Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:57 PM
Ok everyone guess what! Peakhosting is 5 cents less then LimeHosting. I will give you that but i like the service with lime hosting because they responded with in 1 min of request and added me on skype so i can get instant help when needed.

Lol that's why I said "little". I meant 5 mins MAX. Ok, you like LimeHosting's service, I like PeakHosting's service. Nothing more about to argue, so let's let the others decide for themselves…
AnDwHaT5 #12
Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:01 PM
Ahh good idea good conversation. :)/>
PixelToast #13
Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:05 PM
the best server host: your computer
AnDwHaT5 #14
Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:06 PM
… thanks pixeltoast for your words of wisdom.
MudkipTheEpic #15
Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:22 PM
the best server host: your computer

best way to get DDOS'ed: Host a public server on your computer.
PixelToast #16
Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:26 PM
best way not to get DDOS'ed: dont be a dick to people that are capable of that
oh and, you cant really get DDoSed any harder with a server :s
MudkipTheEpic #17
Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:34 PM
best way not to get DDOS'ed: dont be a dick to people that are capable of DDOSing

o_O

Are you threatening me?
PixelToast #18
Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:44 PM
no, im just tired
AnDwHaT5 #19
Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:56 PM
Sammich Lord #20
Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:42 PM
This post confused meh. So much uselessness(This is actually a damn word. Google it.).
Dlcruz129 #21
Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:16 PM
I prefer fragnet.net. Amazing uptime, amazing customer service, amazing prices, amazing reviews.
Sammich Lord #22
Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:32 PM
Creeperhost.net is very nice. Some of the cheapest prices you will find. It is a VPS so a couple MB of RAM will be for the OS and other services. Comes with a nice admin prompt that is easy to use and allows custom mod installs in just a click. You will also be able to run a voice server(such as TeamSpeak or Mumble) on it as well, so you will save some money there. If you do not the full experience though, I suggest you learn Unix commands though. But I highly recommend this service.
D3matt #23
Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:46 PM
I gotta say, I think adding customer support agents for a company on skype is kind of silly.
MudkipTheEpic #24
Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:57 AM
Creeperhost.net is very nice. Some of the cheapest prices you will find. It is a VPS so a couple MB of RAM will be for the OS and other services. Comes with a nice admin prompt that is easy to use and allows custom mod installs in just a click. You will also be able to run a voice server(such as TeamSpeak or Mumble) on it as well, so you will save some money there. If you do not the full experience though, I suggest you learn Unix commands though. But I highly recommend this service.

I actually looked at CreeperHost first, but they are around 7 dollars more expensive for 1 gig then PeakHosting.

Although it would be nice to be able to install mods in one click…..
MudkipTheEpic #25
Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:00 AM
I prefer fragnet.net. Amazing uptime, amazing customer service, amazing prices, amazing reviews.

Fragnet actually looks very nice! It's just a LITTLE more expensive (no sarcasm), and I had little money at the time. It would be great for a multiplayer let's play, because of the voice servers, but I don't need one.

I gotta say, I think adding customer support agents for a company on skype is kind of silly.

Yah, I think that too. XP