This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ikke009's profile picture

[WIP][Game]Hero's of Tlön

Started by ikke009, 10 March 2013 - 10:06 PM
ikke009 #1
Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:06 PM
First of all, this game is non-existent as of yet. Hopefully this will change in the near future.

Welcome to the official Hero's of Tlön development topic! This game is all about epic adventures, fighting off bad guys, helping people all around Tlön by doing their quests, and of course, becoming the most powerfull person in all of Tlön.
Game content:
-A great world to venture into, with various cities to visit.
-Loads of quests for you to do.
-5 classes for you to pick from. (Berserker, Magician, Archer, Priest, Paladin)
-Multiple tiers of weapons.
-Seperate multiplayer content with specially designed dungeons to clear out with your friends.

The game concept v0.1;
SpoilerMain idea:
The player creates an account, which can hold one character (for simplicity reasons), the first thing the new player does is pick a class he wants to play.
The choice is Berserker, Magician, Archer, Priest, Paladin.
Berserker: Melee, fast, high damage output, low defence.
Magician: Ranged, high damage output, low defence.
Archer: Ranged, fast medium damage output, medium defence.
Priest: Ranged, low damage output, medium defence, healing abilities.
Paladin: Melee, low damage output, high defence.
Ammunition will not be a thing in this game, neither will auto attacks consume mana for any race, abilities however will cost mana.
I imagine the player being 2 to 5 pixels big, therefore picking race and gender will not be of additional value, thus not in the game.

The game will be partly singleplayer, in which the player logs in to continue his adventure from the point he last saved, roams around the world, does quests etc.
The world in singleplayer will be devided in areas, at the edge of an area there will be a passage to the next area. The sizes of this area is unknown as of yet.
The player will be centered in the screen to give the player more of a free-roaming experience.
There will be quite a lot of NPC's in the world, handing out quests. The way this will look will have to be deceided later.
There will be wild monsters in the world, which might or might not be aggressive. (I imagine green pixels for NPC's, yellow pixels for neutral creatures, and red pixels for hostile creatures.
I am not sure if battles should be held in seperate screens, if so, should it be pokemon style turn-based fighting, final fantasy style tactical battle, or wow style realtime combat.
For the item system I imagine there being a couple of weapon types: Daggers (they come in a pair), staves, bows, scepters, greatswords for the classes respectively. Loot will appear in a seperate window if the player presses E (or another button of your choice) while standing on the corpse of a lootable entity.
The player can keep up to 20 items, excluded the items that the player has equipped. There will be X number of item tiers, each with semirandom stats on them.
Should armor be a thing in this game??
There will be a handful of big cities in this game, which will be the main quest hubs (not saying there will be no quest givers outside of cities). (note 1)
For the quest I imagine there being a few main quest lines, with great chain quests, alonside small quests that require the player to collect 20 bear bums or boring quests as such… why? because every rpg needs boring bear bum collecting quests.. WoW is full of them actually (note 2)
Right so those are my ideas for the single player aspect of the game

Multiplayer part of the game
Now obviously there wont be a great many people playing this at the same time, so there are two options we have here to increase multiplayer potential.
1. Make multiplayer via HTTP, which connects players over the internet and presents them with a lobby system from which they can choose with who they want to play.
2. Make the multiplayer part of the game local, which means multiplayer can only be done on servers or over lan, where multiplayer will mainly be two or three friends playing together.

However this will work, the players will enter a "dungeon hub", a small piece of land where they can walk about and enter various dungeons from. These dungeons will be appropriate for players of a specific level, say a dungeon for level 1-5, a dungeon for level 5-8 etc.
Players will be able to enter all dungeons, but a warning will appear if they try to enter a dungeon with a higher level value then their actual level.
These dungeons are predesigned, much like the singleplayer map, but with very restricted free roaming. The player will have to follow a main path to get trough various monsters and, eventually, bosses. (note 3)
Bosses should not drop loot unique to the game, all multiplayer loot should be available in singleplayer as well.
Note 2. Some quests will bring the player to special locations with special mobs, wich drop a class-specific weapon or armor set. The player will not be able to return to this place after they turned in the quest.
Note 3. Multiplayer monsters will obviously be harder to kill then singleplayer monsters. The difficulty of these monsters could be either scaled on the ammount of people playing in multiplayer, or on the average level of the players.

Development team:
ikke009 –Project leader and game mechanisms
Hellkid98 –Menu's and GUI's
oeed –HTTP, GUI's, overall
awsumben13 –Overall
coderJohn –Overall
Shazz –HTTP, game mechanisms
Sammich Lord –HTTP
NonstopGamer –Overall (art)
InputUsername – Art (overall)

Interested? Help out!
If you have any ideas or suggestions to improve this game, leave a comment! All help and ideas are appreciated.
If you think your coding capabilities are above average and if you think this project is awesome and you want to help out: You are more then welcome to!
There is no such thing as a boss in our team, so if you become a project member, this project is as much yours as it is mine.
Leave a comment with the following information to apply:
IGN:
Job (HTTP/GUI's/Game mechanisms/overall/art):
An example of what you're capable of (optional):
Skype name (optional):
Age (optional):
This project will start when the confusion has cleared up. So when we know who is in the team, what we are going to work on in what order, what we are going to do exactly (that means a concept worked out in full detail), and how the game will be designed.
GravityScore #2
Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:34 PM
Are you planning for this to be aerial or side scrolling view? I personally think aerial would give more possibilities with the game, but side scrolling would allow for more detailed graphics. For fights, I was thinking pokemon style turn-based. Maybe have fights in side view, and walking around places/NPC interactions/etc… in aerial?

The concept sounds good, and there is a decent amount of detail for starting to make it here. I think the next stage for the dev team would be concept art.
oeed #3
Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:34 PM
You may want to request this be moved to general. Programs is for released code (as far as I'm aware)

(also, where I am down as 'general' is basically actual game work simliar to awsumben13)

Thanks for keeping the project alive. If I've got time I'll get a server (HTTP) up an running tomorrow.
oeed #4
Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:36 PM
Are you planning for this to be aerial or side scrolling view? I personally think aerial would give more possibilities with the game, but side scrolling would allow for more detailed graphics. For fights, I was thinking pokemon style turn-based. Maybe have fights in side view, and walking around places/NPC interactions/etc… in aerial?

The concept sounds good, and there is a decent amount of detail for starting to make it here. I think the next stage for the dev team would be concept art.

IMO aerial would be better, and I'm all for Pokemon fighting.
ikke009 #5
Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

IMO aerial would be better, and I'm all for Pokemon fighting.
I totally agree; Aerial is the best option for roaming around the map, and pokemon-style fighting sounds good to me..
Brings me to the next point of interest though, should the enemies roam around the map visibly and attack you if you come near them, or should we go more pokemon-style and make random fights appear if you walk in tall grass? :P/>

You may want to request this be moved to general. Programs is for released code (as far as I'm aware)

(also, where I am down as 'general' is basically actual game work simliar to awsumben13)

Thanks for keeping the project alive. If I've got time I'll get a server (HTTP) up an running tomorrow.

Ah I wasn't sure where to put this topic, I guess it'll be moved soon enough if it is in the wrong place though. (changed "general" to "overall")
I dont think the roles or jobs in this project are going to be very strict though, since we only have a handfull of people working on this atm..
ikke009 #6
Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:54 AM
Very basic concept art.. It shows the same scene, a wizard on a path, to the north: a forest, on the left, a slime monster thingy and a rock on the side of the road
left is semi-top view and right is top-view.. top-view gives more potential on having more things on the screen, but it looks crappier..

Keep in mind i am not an artist.. This is just to demonstrate two of the art styles we could go with.
Let me know which you guys think would be better!

Also a few questions:
1. How should battles be engaged? As shown in the concept art by freeroaming enemies, or by random (think of pokemon and megaman)
2. Should we eliminate as much real-time aspects as possible to reduce the feel of lag? (only updating the screen when things are visibly changing, having less animations)
GravityScore #7
Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:58 AM
Also a few questions:
1. How should battles be engaged? As shown in the concept art by freeroaming enemies, or by random (think of pokemon and megaman)
2. Should we eliminate as much real-time aspects as possible to reduce the feel of lag? (only updating the screen when things are visibly changing, having less animations)

1. Free roaming enemies.
2. Yeah, go without an update timer. Only update when things are changing. This doesn't mean to forgo animations though.
Cruor #8
Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:50 AM
Programs section is for released programs only, moved to general.
nitrogenfingers #9
Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:56 AM
This looks interesting… good luck with it guys :)/>
TheOddByte #10
Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:22 AM
Very basic concept art.. It shows the same scene, a wizard on a path, to the north: a forest, on the left, a slime monster thingy and a rock on the side of the road
left is semi-top view and right is top-view.. top-view gives more potential on having more things on the screen, but it looks crappier..

Keep in mind i am not an artist.. This is just to demonstrate two of the art styles we could go with.
Let me know which you guys think would be better!

Also a few questions:
The one on the left looks much nicer and my opinion
is to go with that one instead of the one on the right..
Should we use any of the old menu code or should I simply make a new one?
And whatever you choose you should post me the menu options
so I know what todo.
spyman68 #11
Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:04 AM
Could I possibly beta test this? I like beta testing better then coding cause Im a newbie at lua
oeed #12
Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:35 AM
Just with the name…
What language is it meant to be/spoken as. Because if it's German it doesn't sound very good when you say it. (It sounds a bit like 'Tlourn')
In Google Translate (which isn't really anything to go by) it says it is Spanish and should be pronounced as 'Taylourn'.
Now, I don't really get this 'pop-culture' reference, but maybe the name should be slightly respelt, for simplicity sake. If people don't know how to say it they might not be as attracted to playing it.

Anyway, thats my opinion.

Edit: Also, ikke009, what time zone are you in?
ikke009 #13
Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:59 AM
Just with the name…
What language is it meant to be/spoken as. Because if it's German it doesn't sound very good when you say it. (It sounds a bit like 'Tlourn')
In Google Translate (which isn't really anything to go by) it says it is Spanish and should be pronounced as 'Taylourn'.
Now, I don't really get this 'pop-culture' reference, but maybe the name should be slightly respelt, for simplicity sake. If people don't know how to say it they might not be as attracted to playing it.

It is spoken in the language of Tlön :P/> It is from ficciones - Jorge Luis Borge from the story Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius.
But as I said I'm totally up for a new name (I'm very bad at coming up with names xD)
Im in timezone GMT+1

On a side note, We will be using this program to manage the main game file: https://www.stypi.com/
For the best communication I can think of, I would like all project members that have skype to add me (skype name: ikke106) so we can get a skype group going.
I will create a skeleton for the game, probably on tuesday, so we can get started after that I hope.
Let me know though, do you guys want to use no API's at all, or use one or more of the following API's: awsumben13's game engine, Nitrogenfinger's game API, sorokko's networking API.
oeed #14
Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:02 AM
Just with the name…

It is spoken in the language of Tlön :P/> It is from ficciones - Jorge Luis Borge from the story Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius.
But as I said I'm totally up for a new name (I'm very bad at coming up with names xD)
Im in timezone GMT+1

On a side note, We will be using this program to manage the main game file: https://www.stypi.com/
For the best communication I can think of, I would like all project members that have skype to add me (skype name: ikke106) so we can get a skype group going.
I will create a skeleton for the game, probably on tuesday, so we can get started after that I hope.
Let me know though, do you guys want to use no API's at all, or use one or more of the following API's: awsumben13's game engine, Nitrogenfinger's game API, sorokko's networking API.

To be honest, I'd rather use no API at all. However, I haven't used any of those APIs. I'll take a look at them now.
Sammich Lord #15
Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:24 PM
First off, I would like to be in the project again.
I also think we should use no pre-built libraries at all so we can custom tune everything. I also think Github would be much better to manage code files.
Shazz #16
Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:30 PM
I also think we should use no pre-built libraries at all so we can custom tune everything. I also think Github would be much better to manage code files.

Agreed, I think that GitHub should be used to manage the game files.
Also, if you guys want I can set-up a ComputerCraft server for this project since we need a way of communicating.
An IRC channel would also be nice (if someone else can set that up that).
oeed #17
Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Agreed, I think that GitHub should be used to manage the game files.
Also, if you guys want I can set-up a ComputerCraft server for this project since we need a way of communicating.
An IRC channel would also be nice (if someone else can set that up that).

Server would be good.
We are using Skype, but IRC might be possible.
ikke009 #18
Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:00 PM
Skype or IRC, both fine with me. And i agree, github is better..
Cranium #19
Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:43 AM
Just nitpicking here….but these aren't races, they're classes:
-5 races for you to pick from. (Berserker, Magician, Archer, Priest, Paladin)
ikke009 #20
Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:42 AM
Just nitpicking here….but these aren't races, they're classes:
-5 races for you to pick from. (Berserker, Magician, Archer, Priest, Paladin)
Well spotted sir :)/> fixed it.
Exerro #21
Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:43 AM
I can host a part time server if needed and it should be reasonably fast…as far as using github goes I don't really like it as you can't edit realtime and would prefer to use the stypi thing, at least for some bits of the code. Maybe splitting the code onto both would be good?
TheOddByte #22
Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:47 AM
Have we decided what we should do?
I would much more prefer the stypi page than an server and github…
But it's all your decisions..
Shazz #23
Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:04 AM
I can host a part time server if needed and it should be reasonably fast…as far as using github goes I don't really like it as you can't edit realtime and would prefer to use the stypi thing, at least for some bits of the code. Maybe splitting the code onto both would be good?
Don't worry about the server. I've got it set-up.
—————Server Info————-
The server IP is: 209.105.248.115:25578
Minecraft 1.4.7
Minecraft Forge 6.6.0.497
ComputerCraft 1.5
——————————————
I need in-game name of the developers so I can add them to the whitelist.
ikke009 #24
Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:20 AM
Github seems like a better idea to me. I don't really see the point of a minecraft server, other than lagtesting and easy multiplayer testing, but if you guys have need of it, I don't see why not.
So if anyone can convince me to use stypi im up for that too, otherwise well go for github.
Shazz #25
Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:06 AM
Ok, done setting up the server, it's up now.
—————Server Info————-
Minecraft 1.4.7
ComputerCraft 1.5
——————————————
oeed #26
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:14 AM
I'm starting to work on the website and HTTP stuff, so I've started a GitHub repository. If you want to make a new one thats fine, just let me know.

https://github.com/oeed/Tlon
ikke009 #27
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:37 AM
Exellent, I'll try to get a bit of work done tomorrow, I'll leave a todo list with enough detail to get working with.
If you see a point in the todo list and you are going to work on it put your name behind it or something, so the rest of the team knows who is working on what. (@ whole team)
Shazz #28
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:54 AM
I'm starting to work on the website and HTTP stuff, so I've started a GitHub repository. If you want to make a new one thats fine, just let me know.

https://github.com/oeed/Tlon

Good, we need to have like a group meeting though. I have a few questions regarding the multiplayer.
oeed #29
Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:41 AM
If you guys tell me your GitHub name I'll add you to the project.
TheOddByte #30
Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:10 PM
My github name is Hellkid98 as here I think..
Shazz #31
Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:15 PM
If you guys tell me your GitHub name I'll add you to the project.
My GitHub name is DaRealShazz
oeed #32
Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:37 PM
Added Hellkid98 & DaRealShazz
Shazz #33
Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:41 PM
Thank you, also join the server so we discuss some stuff about multiplayer.
oeed #34
Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Can't really I'm at school right now. If it's on at 5:30AM GMT I'll join.

(my time zone is GMT +10:30)
Shazz #35
Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Can't really I'm at school right now. If it's on at 5:30AM GMT I'll join.

(my time zone is GMT +10:30)

It'll be on 24/7 but yeah, I'll try the be on as much as I can.
Sammich Lord #36
Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:22 PM
I highly suggest we setup a game design document. We will be all over the place.
This is how I see the workflow:
Have a syslink to a Github folder inside the CCEmu directory where all files will be updated.
Edit all the game files inside of Sublime or Notepad++.
Once you are reading to patch it, you open up the Git shell and push.

Other info:
Github Name: Human-
IGN: Human0303(I have a few alternate accounts too)
oeed #37
Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:44 PM
I highly suggest we setup a game design document. We will be all over the place.
This is how I see the workflow:
Have a syslink to a Github folder inside the CCEmu directory where all files will be updated.
Edit all the game files inside of Sublime or Notepad++.
Once you are reading to patch it, you open up the Git shell and push.

Other info:
Github Name: Human-
IGN: Human0303(I have a few alternate accounts too)

What do you mean by 'game design document'?
You could also use the GitHub app on Mac, don't know if there is a Windows version.

Added.
Sammich Lord #38
Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:48 PM
https://en.wikipedia...design_document
Lemme sum it up:
Normally lists how you want to play out
Combat style
Art style
Sometimes controls

Basically, it is used to make sure people aren't yelling at each other to find out what to do.
The wiki page gives a lot more detail about it.
TheOddByte #39
Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:58 PM
I'll probably will use some of all to stay in touch..
And I was supposes to goto bed for a long time ago since I have school tomorrow but I thought: JUST 5 MORE MIN!(It became about an hour or something now..)
My timezone: GMT+1 so it's 2am here..
TheOddByte #40
Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:06 PM
Came up with this after I read the wikipedia link you've posted Sammich Lord.

–If it was single player
Charachters: All of us developers show up sometime in the game as a main quest giver and helps the Player in one chapter and in the end we all show up and help him/her fight a boss, They would be NPC's ofcourse..
oeed #41
Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:27 PM
I'm writing a game design document now on GitHub.
Shazz #42
Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:33 PM
I'm writing and game design document now on GitHub.

Ok, cool. I added new placeholders. I'm not sure if that's how the server structure is going to be.
LuaEclipser #43
Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:21 PM
my 100th post :D/>
NonStopGamer #44
Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:23 PM
IGN: johnnyizcool
Job (HTTP/GUI's/Game mechanisms/overall/art): overall
Skype name (optional): minecraft88112255
oeed #45
Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:34 PM
IGN: johnnyizcool Job (HTTP/GUI's/Game mechanisms/overall/art): overall Skype name (optional): minecraft88112255

Thanks for your application, what experience do you have? While we did initially say that only two HTTP devs, if this game is going to be reasonably multiplayer based we will need more.

In terms of art, do you have Illustrator or similar vector art software?

Sorry if you feel I am grilling you, however as the team is filling up we would like to make sure we only have strong people.

To current team members:
Also, I have updated the GDD, please take a look at it and try to find answers to the current issues.
oeed #46
Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:35 PM
LuaEclipser
99 posts
my 100th post :D/>

Missed it by that much :P/>
Shazz #47
Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:59 PM
I added some of my thoughts on the GDD.
oeed #48
Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:05 PM
With your multiplayer concept, that won't really be possible. We can't run a server from ComputerCraft and it would put a lot of strain and complexity on the server. The server will really only be able to host one 'server'.
Shazz #49
Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:10 PM
With your multiplayer concept, that won't really be possible. We can't run a server from ComputerCraft and it would put a lot of strain and complexity on the server. The server will really only be able to host one 'server'.
Yes, so are we going to have a global server that everyone can join?
oeed #50
Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:39 PM
It really depends on what server system we use. If we are to do this with out paying (which I'd rather not, maybe apart from the domain) then we'd have to use a service such as 000webhost, which would not allow for real time gameplay. However, Sammich Lord has suggested that he has access to a VPS so we may be able to run it this way. But in all honesty, trying to make a real time multiplayer game will be painful. I suggest we start with singleplayer, but I'll talk to Sammich Lord about it before we decide.
ikke009 #51
Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:35 PM
My github is ikke009.
Also, I'll leave the multiplayer part to the guys who actually know what they are doing :P/>
oeed #52
Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:52 PM
Well we do need to decide what the multiplayer gameplay is, we don't need to decide how we do that, just what.

Also, as Shazz and I are two of the three HTTP devs I do feel that we are the ones who 'know what they are doing'.
oeed #53
Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:55 PM
Quick thing, people will have accounts that they need to register for right?
Exerro #54
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:05 PM
If we make it multiplayer compatible from the start it will be a lot easier to add in rather than having to rewrite it to make it multiplayer
oeed #55
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:15 PM
If we make it multiplayer compatible from the start it will be a lot easier to add in rather than having to rewrite it to make it multiplayer

Agreed. We need to decide how it will work asap.
The thing is, we do want it to support no http, for normal users.
ikke009 #56
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:39 PM
snip
Also, as Shazz and I are two of the three HTTP devs I do feel that we are the ones who 'know what they are doing'.
Exactly

Yes, these accounts will be stored on the http server if http is enabled, otherwise it will be stored on the computer itself.

Since it needs to be able to run without http, the multiplayer part of the game will have to stand apart from the singleplayer part.
The way this is described in the concept works, so the player moves his character to the mulitplayer "world" with all his items and stats, where he can meet up with a few other players chosen from a lobby system and do dungeons together.
This however is only possible if the player positions can be updated a few times every second. If this is not the case, I suggest the following:

The multiplayer aspect of the game will be quite simplistic, namely the players that have http enabled automatically show up in an arena list when they are online (unless they checked a box that they dont want to be listed). This list can be requested by online players at all times, and people can request to duel other players. This will result in a turn-based pvp battle, in which the players have access to their skills. The winner gets an arena token; these tokens can be exchanged at certain npc's for special items.

Tell me what you think, these are the best ideas ive got so far.
BUT before we can start working this out in detail, we still got to question ourselves, are we really going for the semi-top view, which will severely limit the view of the player on the map, or are we going for top-view, where we will win gameplay and lose graphics..
also how exactly should the turn-based battles look (in duel AND vs monsters)
GravityScore #57
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:46 PM
Since it needs to be able to run without http, the multiplayer part of the game will have to stand apart from the singleplayer part.
The way this is described in the concept works, so the player moves his character to the mulitplayer "world" with all his items and stats, where he can meet up with a few other players chosen from a lobby system and do dungeons together.
This however is only possible if the player positions can be updated a few times every second. If this is not the case, I suggest the following:

The multiplayer aspect of the game will be quite simplistic, namely the players that have http enabled automatically show up in an arena list when they are online (unless they checked a box that they dont want to be listed). This list can be requested by online players at all times, and people can request to duel other players. This will result in a turn-based pvp battle, in which the players have access to their skills. The winner gets an arena token; these tokens can be exchanged at certain npc's for special items.

You're forgetting that you're going to need to poll the HTTP server to be able to tell when the player has made their move in turn based battle. How do you plan for the program to know when the other person has made their move. It would be incredibly intensive on HTTP if you simply polled the server. You could perhaps have the user forced to decide what to do during a certain amount of time, and not allow them to make that move before or after the time limit has been reached. That way you could just poll the server slightly after the time limit has been depleted.

And don't forget the 2.5 second (for average internet) lag time between clicking on the Make a Move button (or whatever), and it actually accepting.

EDIT: derrppppp. 2.5 seconds is way to much :P/> Maybe 0.4-0.6 seconds….
oeed #58
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:46 PM
snip
Exactly

Yes, these accounts will be stored on the http server if http is enabled, otherwise it will be stored on the computer itself.

Tell me what you think, these are the best ideas ive got so far.
BUT before we can start working this out in detail, we still got to question ourselves, are we really going for the semi-top view, which will severely limit the view of the player on the map, or are we going for top-view, where we will win gameplay and lose graphics..
also how exactly should the turn-based battles look (in duel AND vs monsters)
Sorry, I took it the wrong way, I thought your were saying we didn't know what we were doing :P/>

Good idea.

I think your idea of dueling is probably the way to go. With the way the ComputerCraft HTTP API works it's not really possible to have live updates. I'm going to test it locally soon, I'll tell you how it goes.
oeed #59
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

You're forgetting that you're going to need to poll the HTTP server to be able to tell when the player has made their move in turn based battle. How do you plan for the program to know when the other person has made their move. It would be incredibly intensive on HTTP if you simply polled the server. You could perhaps have the user forced to decide what to do during a certain amount of time, and not allow them to make that move before or after the time limit has been reached. That way you could just poll the server slightly after the time limit has been depleted.

And don't forget the 2.5 second (for average internet) lag time between clicking on the Make a Move button (or whatever), and it actually accepting.
2.5 seconds? Is that the ComputerCraft or in general, I would have thought it would hover around 200-400 ms.
GravityScore #60
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:57 PM
2.5 seconds? Is that the ComputerCraft or in general, I would have thought it would hover around 200-400 ms.

Hmmmm… ok maybe I was over exaggerating :P/>

Considering there would be 2 people fighting, and the script would be forced to query a database (unless you want to go with an inferior method of using a file), the returned page CC would download would be about 1-2kb…….. maybe 0.4 seconds yeah… :P/>
oeed #61
Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Hmmmm… ok maybe I was over exaggerating :P/>

Considering there would be 2 people fighting, and the script would be forced to query a database (unless you want to go with an inferior method of using a file), the returned page CC would download would be about 1-2kb…….. maybe 0.4 seconds yeah… :P/>

Hmm, I didn't think about how much the game would be polling the server. The only way to use accounts I believe is to sync their game save.
Sammich Lord #62
Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:15 AM
HTTP was never designed to be used for constant updates. The best way is to have rednet multiple and a web server to keep track of data. I will also be able to provide web hosting for the scripts(If you don't drain all of my server's bandwidth).
ikke009 #63
Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:15 AM
Since nobody else seems to have an opinion on this I say we are going for top-view.. Reason being: It enables for much better gameplay, with the only con that its hard to make nice art for top-view..
ikke009 #64
Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:17 AM
IGN: johnnyizcool
Job (HTTP/GUI's/Game mechanisms/overall/art): overall
Skype name (optional): minecraft88112255
as oeed said, since our team is getting pretty big, the optional boxes would add a lot of worth to your application.
If you are good at pixel art you will be of big value to the team though.
ikke009 #65
Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:41 AM
Uploaded a basic skeleton for the main file. I wish I would've had more time today to work on it so I wouldn't have had to create it in a hurry..
Shazz #66
Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:33 AM
I'm also able to provide hosting for the server if needed.
oeed #67
Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:31 AM
Uploaded a basic skeleton for the main file. I wish I would've had more time today to work on it so I wouldn't have had to create it in a hurry..

With you edits to the GDD, the todo list is for the actual file, not the whole game. I'll add a todo file.
oeed #68
Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:33 AM
Also, I'd like to take an object oriented approach to this, it makes for more modular code, and less code.
Take a look at PearOS' code for an example. I'll upload my take on how it should look soon.
Shazz #69
Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:45 AM
Also, I'd like to take an object oriented approach to this, it makes for more modular code, and less code.
Take a look at PearOS' code for an example. I'll upload my take on how it should look soon.
I agree, an object oriented approach to the game would be better overall.
NonStopGamer #70
Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:07 AM
IGN: johnnyizcool Job (HTTP/GUI's/Game mechanisms/overall/art): overall Skype name (optional): minecraft88112255

Thanks for your application, what experience do you have? While we did initially say that only two HTTP devs, if this game is going to be reasonably multiplayer based we will need more.

Sorry if you feel I am grilling you, however as the team is filling up we would like to make sure we only have strong people.

To current team members:
Also, I have updated the GDD, please take a look at it and try to find answers to the current issues.

I have experience with other programming languages (C++, Java) nothing to show for it though (unfortunatly).

I have messed around with the HTTP stuff but haven't really gotten into it, sorry.

I have Inkscape.
TheOddByte #71
Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:44 PM
Are we going to use something like this for map creating
Spoilerpastebin get PD0PuMKn demo
I know it does'nt look nice or anything but it's that I thought of
map screen changing like this.
oeed #72
Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

To current team members:

I have experience with other programming languages (C++, Java) nothing to show for it though (unfortunatly).

I have messed around with the HTTP stuff but haven't really gotten into it, sorry.

I have Inkscape.

Ok, I don't know if there are any other artists in the team so I guess it's just you and me.
TheOddByte #73
Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

To current team members:

I have Inkscape.

Ok, I don't know if there are any other artists in the team so I guess it's just you and me.
I'm only good with ascii art.. Not when it comes to colors..
oeed #74
Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:33 PM
–snip snip–

Well be using vector graphics programs to make actual artwork, then base the tiny tiny tiny characters off them.
oeed #75
Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:06 PM
Ok, I've added my take on how the game should be made (main_oeed).

I'd like your thoughts, because this is, in my opinion, the best way to make complicated stuff :P/>
AndreWalia #76
Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:34 PM
Will we code on CCU?
Shazz #77
Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:45 PM
Will we code on CCU?
No, we have a server setup.
Plus we are using GitHub.
—————Server Info————-
Minecraft 1.4.7
ComputerCraft 1.5
——————————————
oeed #78
Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:17 PM
I've found that I have unusable lag on that server. I couldn't open any computers or doors etc.
Shazz #79
Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:28 PM
I've found that I have unusable lag on that server. I couldn't open any computers or doors etc.
Most likely because you are a guest. What is your in-game name?
Or, it might be because you live so far away.
oeed #80
Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:34 PM
oeed

Where is the server?
Shazz #81
Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:37 PM
oeed

Where is the server?

In a datacenter somewhere in Dallas, TX, USA.
oeed #82
Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:09 PM
Oh ok, I thought you were hosting it. No wonder I'm getting so much lag, its on the other side of the world :P/>
Shazz #83
Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:34 PM
Oh ok, I thought you were hosting it. No wonder I'm getting so much lag, its on the other side of the world :P/>

Yeah, unfortunate. :(/>
NonStopGamer #84
Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

To current team members:

I have Inkscape.

So am I on the team?
oeed #85
Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

To current team members:

I have Inkscape.

So am I on the team?

Well, I'm going to say yes. But we dont't really need any more HTTP or overall. But as artist your definitely in.
ikke009 #86
Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:56 AM
In that case, welcome to the team, ill add you to the list, please create a github account if you don't have one and it would help if you would add me on skype (ikke106)
NonStopGamer #87
Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:56 AM
In that case, welcome to the team, ill add you to the list, please create a github account if you don't have one and it would help if you would add me on skype (ikke106)

Done and done.

Btw my time zone is western northamerica. Gm+8
TheOddByte #88
Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:07 AM
Am I the only one in the EU in the team?
oeed #89
Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Done and done.

Btw my time zone is western northamerica. Gm+8

Added to GitHub
oeed #90
Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:37 AM
Just doing a timezone check, if I don't have you or it is wrong please let me know.

ikke009 (GMT +1)
Hellkid98 (GMT +1)
oeed (GMT +10:30)
awsumben13 ( GMT +0 )
coderJohn ( ? )
Shazz (GMT -4)
Sammich Lord ( -8 )
NonstopGamer (GMT -8)

Looks like I'm the odd one out :P/>
Shazz #91
Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:47 AM
Just doing a timezone check, if I don't have you or it is wrong please let me know.

ikke009 (GMT +1)
Hellkid98 (GMT +1)
awsumben13 ( ? )
coderJohn ( ? )
Shazz (GMT -7) - Just a guess based on where the server is based.
Sammich Lord ( ? )
NonstopGamer (GMT -8)

Looks like I'm the odd one out :P/>

ikke009 (GMT +1)
Hellkid98 (GMT +1)
awsumben13 ( ? )
coderJohn ( ? )
Shazz (GMT -4)
Sammich Lord ( ? )
NonstopGamer (GMT -8)

Updated
Sammich Lord #92
Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:35 PM
I'm GMT -8.
Shazz #93
Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:44 PM
ikke009 (GMT +1)
Hellkid98 (GMT +1)
awsumben13 ( ? )
coderJohn ( ? )
Shazz (GMT -4)
Sammich Lord (GMT -8)
NonstopGamer (GMT -8)

Updated
oeed #94
Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:46 PM
I'm GMT -8.

Updated.

Ninja'd
NonStopGamer #95
Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:31 PM
I'm PDT now cause daylight saving http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/pdt.html
oeed #96
Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:21 PM
Ok lol
oeed #97
Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:20 PM
I'm going to start working on this. Don't really want the project to die :P/>
Exerro #98
Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:19 AM
I'm GMT+0:00 btw…also I noticed my map thing hasn't been added to the github page…why? :(/>
oeed #99
Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:27 AM
I'm GMT+0:00 btw…also I noticed my map thing hasn't been added to the github page…why? :(/>

'Map thing'?

Did you commit it?
NonStopGamer #100
Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:30 AM
Oeed add me on Skype, we should start talking about the art.
Name: minecraft88112255
oeed #101
Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:05 PM
Oeed add me on Skype, we should start talking about the art.
Name: minecraft88112255

Can't Skype right now, I'm at school and it's blocked. (why this isn't idk :P/>)
I could talk in the PM chat thing.
AndreWalia #102
Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:14 PM
101th post!
theoriginalbit #103
Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:22 PM
Also a few questions:
2. Yeah, go without an update timer. Only update when things are changing. This doesn't mean to forgo animations though.
I know that this question was posted a few days back. But i think to reduce lag you should also consider adding a screen buffer. make it so everything is drawn to a temp buffer and then only the differences are drawn to the screen. It should help reduce lag and flicker.
Shazz #104
Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:48 PM
Also a few questions:
I know that this question was posted a few days back. But i think to reduce lag you should also consider adding a screen buffer. make it so everything is drawn to a temp buffer and then only the differences are drawn to the screen. It should help reduce lag and flicker.

I think that is what the main game developers are going to be doing.

PS: I think we should all meet and discuss about the game. I don't know where, we can do it on Skype or we can do it on the server…
We're going to need to schedule a time that is reasonable with everyone. I don't think everyone will show up but even if the majority showed up, it would really useful.
On second thought, I can set-up a Teamspeak server if you guys want.
oeed #105
Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:20 PM
I've got some reasonable progress, I'll upload to github upload soon.

(don't do anything yet)
oeed #106
Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:21 PM
In regards to a meeting, the best time for all of us would be at 9pm GMT.

Take a look here http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=16&month=3&year=2013&p1=5&p2=224&p3=239&p4=179&p5=136&iv=0

Based on the day being Saturday at GMT +0

The times will be
Adelaide (Sunday): 7:30 am
San Francisco (Saturday): 2pm
Stockholm (Saturday): 10pm
New York (Saturday): 5pm
London (Saturday): 7:30pm

Now, my time zone is the one the clashes really. So if you can't do this time then the best time (ignoring my timezone) will between 2pm GMT and 8pm GMT. Take a look at the link for more details.

I have uploaded what I have done to GitHub.
oeed #107
Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:50 PM
Just a note for anyone who looks a the GitHub, just ignore all the .DS_Store files. If you delete them they'll come back :P/>

Edit: I've just noticed that Hellkid98 has done some stuff, I'll take a look at it, sorry.
Edit 2: Yea… Hellkid has done lots of work. What I've done is essentially set up the framework. I'll merge (dw, I'll leave the original file) the two.
GravityScore #108
Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:41 PM
Just a note for anyone who looks a the GitHub, just ignore all the .DS_Store files. If you delete them they'll come back :P/>

Add them to the .gitignore file, then delete them from GitHub. They won't reappear.
oeed #109
Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Add them to the .gitignore file, then delete them from GitHub. They won't reappear.

Ah cheers, found it in the app.
oeed #110
Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:30 AM
Rather important question, I've just been writing the Drawing API and we I've realised we need to decide what Colo(u)rs API we use and what spelling we use. I have been using Colours and 'colour' as I'm in Australia and we use the (correct :P/>) English version, however, I know that we have some American team members. For now the Drawing API is using the English spelling, but its not hard to change.
oeed #111
Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:08 AM
Me again…
I've added a few issues to GitHub and a documentation for the Drawing API.
InputUsername #112
Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:05 AM
Are you still in need of helpers?

If yes, then here's my application:
SpoilerIGN: InputUsername
Job: art (overall, GUIs)
Example of what you're capable of: snoaring so loudly it wakes up my neighbours :P/>
(Skype name: if you really need it, PM)

If not, then good luck making this thing! :D/> I'd love to see it as a finished game!
Shazz #113
Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:03 AM
Rather important question, I've just been writing the Drawing API and we I've realised we need to decide what Colo(u)rs API we use and what spelling we use. I have been using Colours and 'colour' as I'm in Australia and we use the (correct :P/>) English version, however, I know that we have some American team members. For now the Drawing API is using the English spelling, but its not hard to change.

colour

There are more people in the team that use that^ instead of 'color'.
TheOddByte #114
Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:14 AM
I think I mostly use 'color'
TheOddByte #115
Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:15 AM
And are someone else going to join the server?
And should I change something with the menu?
Shazz #116
Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:26 AM
And are someone else going to join the server?
And should I change something with the menu?
I have to go somewhere right now but later I will be on the server. I want to talk to you about the GUI as well.
TheOddByte #117
Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:37 AM
@Shazz
Do you have skype or something so I can reach you on?
oeed #118
Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:04 AM
Hellkid take a look at Gub hub issues. Basically you need to change over your menu to the current drawing method.
Shazz #119
Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:29 AM
@Shazz
Do you have skype or something so I can reach you on?

ikke009 #120
Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:36 AM
I'm sorry that I'm not very active right now, life suddenly got a lot more busy then I thought It would be..
I will try to get some posts here and in github when I can but I wont be able to do more then that untill at least tuesday.
I am also available most of the time on skype on weekdays if anyone needs to talk to me.
Again sorry, I'll try to get active again asap
NonStopGamer #121
Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

colour, I'm canadian eh?

I think most of the students have spring break now, so some of us should have more spare time.
TheOddByte #122
Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

colour, I'm canadian eh?

I think most of the students have spring break now, so some of us should have more spare time.
I have school for almost 2-3 weeks before I get a break,,
:(/>
oeed #123
Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

colour, I'm canadian eh?

:(/>

Still got another 5 weeks :P/>
Shazz #124
Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:35 PM
Ported menu to Drawing API, and added to main file. Added ability to have custom settings. Added placeholders for auto-updater, etc.
oeed #125
Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:33 PM
2 Important Announcements
  1. By this Monday all frameworks are to be complete.
  2. It is important to be active and participate in the project, failing to do so will result in us messaging you enquiring, and could end in you being dropped from the project. If you are busy for a few days, thats fine, just let us know.
ikke009 #126
Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:15 PM
I use the colour api all the time but I see it as a bad habit, since programming is supposed to be done in american english :P/>
therefore I vote color
oeed #127
Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:19 PM
I use the colour api all the time but I see it as a bad habit, since programming is supposed to be done in american english :P/>
therefore I vote color

Bad habit? U Mad :P/>

Currently the votes are:
Colour: 4
Color: 2

So at the moment, we'll stay with colour.
As a side note, what are we doing about InputUsername.
TheOddByte #128
Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:42 PM
therefore I vote color

Bad habit? U Mad :P/>

Currently the votes are:
Colour: 4
Color: 2

So at the moment, we'll stay with colour.
As a side note, what are we doing about InputUsername.
I have np with him joining the project since
we could probably get more work done if he is active..
I'm just sitting now and don't know what I should do..
You could gladly give me an assignment.
InputUsername #129
Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:52 PM
Are you still in need of helpers?

If yes, then here's my application:
SpoilerIGN: InputUsername
Job: art (overall, GUIs)
Example of what you're capable of: snoaring so loudly it wakes up my neighbours :P/>
(Skype name: if you really need it, PM)

If not, then good luck making this thing! :D/> I'd love to see it as a finished game!
TheOddByte #130
Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:23 AM
Uhmm.. Why did you quote yourselft?
oeed #131
Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:33 AM
Hellkid, if you're looking for something to do, making the menu a bit like the minecraft menu would be cool. Like buttons and an animated background
InputUsername #132
Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:01 AM
Uhmm.. Why did you quote yourselft?

Because it seemed the first time I posted it, I got ignored. Sorry.

Woops, I got ninja'd on my previous post, didn't notice the previous posts at all.
Sammich Lord #133
Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:03 AM
We should discuss tabbing. I personally like 2 tab spaces for Lua. As I can tell from the current game files, you are using 8 spaces. I find 2 spaces easier to read but my editor automatically converts the tabs to what I have in the settings. I would like to hear your guys' opinions about this matter. I personally like 2 spaces but I can go either way.

Also, what text editor do you guys all use? I personally use Sublime Text 2 with ComputerCraft syntax add-on, Package Control add-on, enhanced sidebar, SFTP add-on, auto CC syntax and some Unity3D add-ons.
TheOddByte #134
Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:16 AM
I'm using Notepad++ and that is the only thing I need :3
Shazz #135
Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:54 AM
I've got Sublime Text 2, but I only use it occasionally. I use Notepad ++ most of the time since it is the one I'm most used to.
NonStopGamer #136
Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:19 PM
Rather important question, I've just been writing the Drawing API and we I've realised we need to decide what Colo(u)rs API we use and what spelling we use. I have been using Colours and 'colour' as I'm in Australia and we use the (correct :P/>/>/>) English version, however, I know that we have some American team members. For now the Drawing API is using the English spelling, but its not hard to change.

colour, I'm canadian eh?

:(/>/>/>

Still got another 5 weeks :P/>/>/>
Rather important question, I've just been writing the Drawing API and we I've realised we need to decide what Colo(u)rs API we use and what spelling we use. I have been using Colours and 'colour' as I'm in Australia and we use the (correct :P/>/>/>) English version, however, I know that we have some American team members. For now the Drawing API is using the English spelling, but its not hard to change.

colour, I'm canadian eh?

:(/>/>/>

AHAHAHAA I'm out :)/>/>

Also, I'm going to start on the wizard art.

Something like a blue robe, pointy hat, a beard, a staff..
oeed #137
Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:13 PM
–snip snip–

Also, I'm going to start on the wizard art.

Something like a blue robe, pointy hat, a beard, a staff..

Please send it to me or upload to GitHub (upload to the artwork folder) when done.
InputUsername #138
Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:57 AM
Can I help? You didn't tell me if I could join the team :/
ikke009 #139
Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:15 AM
You're in :)/> I'll add your name to the team list. please add me to skype if possible (im called ikke106 on there) and make a github account so we can add you.
InputUsername #140
Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:16 AM
You're in :)/> I'll add your name to the team list. please add me to skype if possible (im called ikke106 on there) and make a github account so we can add you.

Yay, thanks :D/>

I have a Github account, my name is InputUsername. I'll probably add you on Skype tomorrow and I'll start on some artwork (maybe a logo?).
oeed #141
Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Yay, thanks :D/>

I have a Github account, my name is InputUsername. I'll probably add you on Skype tomorrow and I'll start on some artwork (maybe a logo?).

The artwork team consists of myself, NonStopGamer and you. So it's best to talk to one of us. You have been added to GitHub, take a look at the issues page for stuff that needs doing or create and issue.
I do know that NonStopGamer is working on the wizard art.
Engineer #142
Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:07 PM
IGN: Engineer

Hello I want to join this project!

I am really excited in how deep we can go and see possibilities for the game itself.

I mean we can go deep-deep ;)/>

I want to offer my job as overall and mainly GUI and menu's.

Please take me in consideration
oeed #143
Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

I am really excited in how deep we can go and see possibilities for the game itself.

I mean we can go deep-deep ;)/>

Well, we really don't need anymore menu/GUI people. In reality we only need one. If you have something else you can bring to the table and you will actively participate in the development then you may be considered. We have been having problems with people doing little or no work.
Engineer #144
Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

I mean we can go deep-deep ;)/>/>

Well, we really don't need anymore menu/GUI people. In reality we only need one. If you have something else you can bring to the table and you will actively participate in the development then you may be considered. We have been having problems with people doing little or no work.
Then I ask you, what is needed?
oeed #145
Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I mean we can go deep-deep ;)/>/>

Then I ask you, what is needed?

Well, we need people who can work on the core game. We currently have lots of people in this position, but not much work in happening. At this stage, we are creating the engine. But this week we are commencing work on the core game.

Just a note for all team members, you need to be doing something. Even if it's just thinking about ideas/concepts etc. You need to make sure you upload what ever you have done (even with concepts, upload them) to GitHub. If you aren't doing anything, you will be dropped form the project. If you are busy for a few days, thats fine. However, if you will be busy for over two or three weeks you will be removed from the project, when you are free again you will join the team again. If you can no longer work on the project, lost interest, busy etc please let us know.
InputUsername #146
Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:44 AM
I have been quite busy past week, but to make up for my lack of activity, I made some sort of a draft-logo-thing.

Here it is (made in MS Paint :P/>)

It is not meant to be the final design, but please tell me what you guys think of it :)/>

PS: I uploaded it on GitHub aswell (if that is okay?)
oeed #147
Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:06 AM
I have been quite busy past week, but to make up for my lack of activity, I made some sort of a draft-logo-thing.

Here it is (made in MS Paint :P/>)

It is not meant to be the final design, but please tell me what you guys think of it :)/>

PS: I uploaded it on GitHub aswell (if that is okay?)

Thats actually really cool. The one I made didn't anything near that good.
Did you draw that font or use one, because if we made a website I'd like to use a vector/less jagged edged version.
The only problem now is getting that on to the 51 x 19 screen :P/>

Yea, I can tell it was made in Paint, no anti-aliasing :P/>
InputUsername #148
Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:41 AM
Thanks :D/> I drew the thing by hand. I could try and make a 'font' (well, how do you call it, a sprite font or something) out of it though, if you like. I think I'll start working on a version that fits on a 51x19 screen tomorrow and also upload it to GitHub.
oeed #149
Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:52 PM
Thanks :D/> I drew the thing by hand. I could try and make a 'font' (well, how do you call it, a sprite font or something) out of it though, if you like. I think I'll start working on a version that fits on a 51x19 screen tomorrow and also upload it to GitHub.

Ok cheers, do you have Illustrator or similar?