This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
djblocksaway's profile picture

Play MP3 files in computercraft

Started by djblocksaway, 04 April 2012 - 01:24 PM
djblocksaway #1
Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:24 PM
Hi was wondering if it was possible to play an mp3 file in computercraft

this is probably a stupid question and not possible but respond please :)/>/>
virtualayu #2
Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:01 PM
in order to play music (other than those with noteblocs) need some mod like audiomod… so basically i don't think that's possible whithout a "bridge" between CC and an audio mod.
Liraal #3
Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:00 PM
…unless you get a lot of noteblocks, tune them right and decode an mp3 into noteblock format. Quite interesting I must say.
Xtansia #4
Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:56 PM
Minecraft doesn't even support mp3's only ogg, mus, And some others I can't think of even with audiomod you can't play mp3's.
djblocksaway #5
Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:48 AM
ok thanks for your replies :)/>/>
ComputerCraftFan11 #6
Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:50 AM
Minecraft doesn't even support mp3's only ogg, mus, And some others I can't think of even with audiomod you can't play mp3's.

You can convert it into a ogg, mus, and some others.

(some programs do it)
Xtansia #7
Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

(some programs do it)

The point of this topic was to play MP3's.
ComputerCraftFan11 #8
Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

(some programs do it)

Ik, you can get the MP3 you wanna play, find a program to convert it, play it
djblocksaway #9
Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

(some programs do it)

Ik, you can get the MP3 you wanna play, find a program to convert it, play it
hm i wonder if u could replace a Noteblock sound with a converted MP3 File :)/>/> that would be interesting :S
Wolvan #10
Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:38 PM
hm i wonder if u could replace a Noteblock sound with a converted MP3 File :P/>/> that would be interesting :S
I think so. As far as I know all the sounds in minecraft are saved in the resources folder. So if you change the files there it will play them in mc
And a internet site where I convert mp3 to ogg is:
http://www.online-convert.com/
Just use the Audio converter and you're done
Mendax #11
Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:06 AM
Use SoundMod (Not AudioMod), convert the file and replace a disk with it (Same name). Then play the disk.
LazerRay #12
Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:16 PM
I found a possible way to do it, but you still need to convert your sounds to either .wav or .ogg, but in the Peripheral Library section of this forum, I found a speaker add-on than can play just about any sound in Minecraft.

I have yet to try this out, but if you want the direct thread link, here you go: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/1577-mc-125-ccspeaker-10/

I might download that add-on and see what I can do with it in my Testing Lab, if its any good I will find a place for it in my main world.
Cloudy #13
Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:02 PM
Right now it doesn't support playing of music, or custom sounds. I will find a way to add that in sometime this week.
sam_technologeek #14
Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:28 PM
In think this will only be able to be possible in single player, because if you change it, people in a server will hear the song saved in their resources folder, unless you send the file to the client and play it or something.
Cloudy #15
Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:01 PM
In think this will only be able to be possible in single player, because if you change it, people in a server will hear the song saved in their resources folder, unless you send the file to the client and play it or something.

It is definitely possible to do in multiplayer too, by sending the file. There is actually a function that allows Minecraft to download a sound file from the web, and then register it into the sound system. I'll think about implementing support for that in my peripheral.