This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ChiknNuggets's profile picture

Simon Says [Game]

Started by ChiknNuggets, 13 March 2013 - 11:15 AM
ChiknNuggets #1
Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:15 PM
hey all, ive had some spare time while at uni and got a bit bored so i made this little game, some of you may have even had this when you were a kid

Screen Shots:
[attachment=1061:2013-03-13_10.09.16.png]

How To Play:
1: Click The Play Button
2: Once the flashing of the colors stops
3: repeat the pattern of colors by clicking each color
4: if correct you will level up and another colored will be added to the sequence.

simple to run just put it on the advanced computer and run the file

http://pastebin.com/4EvEJsRN
TheOddByte #2
Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:46 PM
Looks really nice and it is nice!
Kingdaro #3
Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:47 PM
This is great.
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:33 PM
very nice. I used to love this game!
remiX #5
Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:26 PM
This is quite cool. But I would call it more of a remembering game :P/>

Found a bug:
Clicking the middle white box/egg thing scores you a point instantly and continues the game
ChiknNuggets #6
Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:35 PM
it is a remembering game but there was a real life game called simon says i used to have one when i was younger looked like this http://img.hsmagazin...5/simonSays.png

also i just see that bug i changed the code a bit after i added a function which did the same thing as getting the right combo lol ill fix now in the pastebin
oeed #7
Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:48 PM
it is a remembering game but there was a real life game called simon says i used to have one when i was younger looked like this http://img.hsmagazin...5/simonSays.png

also i just see that bug i changed the code a bit after i added a function which did the same thing as getting the right combo lol ill fix now in the pastebin

I do get a slight feeling that the image looks a bit like this…
remiX #8
Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:19 PM
Oh. I've only known about the simon says do this or do that game xD.

Pity we can't have dark and bright colours of the same colour :P/>
oeed #9
Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:29 PM
Oh. I've only known about the simon says do this or do that game xD.

Pity we can't have dark and bright colours of the same colour :P/>

Same :P/>

It would be nice to have more colours, but I guess there are limitations.
ChiknNuggets #10
Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:07 AM
yea i for like blue and red i was gonna do pink and cyan but for green and yellow there was just no substitute so just added a little pattern to help distinguish them as it happens
remiX #11
Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:50 AM
Hmm… nothing much you could really add to this game.
Maybe difficulties? Easy would have longer time for when the colours 'flash' where as hard would be short.
TheOddByte #12
Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:07 AM
This is quite cool. But I would call it more of a remembering game :P/>

Found a bug:
Clicking the middle white box/egg thing scores you a point instantly and continues the game
Or when you're in CCemu you can just click anywhere except the computer and the score will also go up.
GopherAtl #13
Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:21 AM
a way to quit would be nice, perhaps a quit button next to the play button between games? Also, you should really make playButton loop properly (with the drawing code inside the loop, instead of before) and just exit from playGame instead of calling playButton again, as currently you're piling the stack with playButton->playGame->playButton->playGame->playButton->etc, which would eventually overflow if you left it running and kept playing long enough. Particularly given there's no way to exit currently, using os.pullEvent instead of os.pullEventRaw so that you can ctrl-t out of it would be nice.

Otherwise, very nice, used to love that game as a kid :)/>
oeed #14
Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:51 AM
a way to quit would be nice, perhaps a quit button next to the play button between games? Also, you should really make playButton loop properly (with the drawing code inside the loop, instead of before) and just exit from playGame instead of calling playButton again, as currently you're piling the stack with playButton->playGame->playButton->playGame->playButton->etc, which would eventually overflow if you left it running and kept playing long enough. Particularly given there's no way to exit currently, using os.pullEvent instead of os.pullEventRaw so that you can ctrl-t out of it would be nice.

Otherwise, very nice, used to love that game as a kid :)/>

Yea, don't want to run in to stack overflow problems.
ChiknNuggets #15
Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:28 PM
alright i hadnt noticed that it would cause a buffer overflow, i see that now, its fixed, i also added a edit button to the top right corner.
ETHANATOR360 #16
Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:02 AM
this is a very fun game!!
ChiknNuggets #17
Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:34 PM
It is, isnt it. Ive already got to a high score of 32
remiX #18
Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:02 AM
It is, isnt it. Ive already got to a high score of 32

32? Without cheating?:P/> Lies :o/>
Is there a maximum amount of times it changes after awhile?
ChiknNuggets #19
Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:24 AM
sorry what do you mean like if u take 10 seconds it cancels?