This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
AnDwHaT5's profile picture

computercraft piano

Started by AnDwHaT5, 15 March 2013 - 11:49 AM
AnDwHaT5 #1
Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:49 PM
Now how cool would it be to use noteblocks as a piano kinda thing. Well i came up with a idea to make a piano using the pullEvent("key")
feature and when hit it uses rednet and sends a command over to a specific computer which will activate the command and will send redstone to that noteblock. Dont think that it has one computer per block but 4 to 5 noteblocks per computer. This will take alot of computers and a pain in the ass to make the coding but i might make it. If i dont i will make a post in the ideas forum part and mark for deletion on this forum.
Dlcruz129 #2
Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:34 PM
Use bundled cable instead of redstone. Also, expand on it. Create MIDI in Minecraft! Make a songwriting program where you can add notes, rests, etc.
Cranium #3
Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:33 AM
You can do what MysticT did with his noteblock player, and use rednet messages to control other computers with bundled cables.
sophiamaster #4
Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:50 AM
Would be really cool, the only downfall is no sustain on note blocks :(/>
AnDwHaT5 #5
Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:18 AM
hmm that sucks lol i will think of something possible if i set redstone signals to go off very very very fast it will be as close as possible.
reububble #6
Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:55 AM
I'll let you marvel at what I've created. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edvU0OsZITA
I've implemented the iron noteblock to avoid the problem of the giant space required.
If you look 2 videos back you'll see that I had a big piano in an earlier version.
Cranium #7
Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:47 AM
I'll let you marvel at what I've created. I've implemented the iron noteblock to avoid the problem of the giant space required.
If you look 2 videos back you'll see that I had a big piano in an earlier version.
I like this. I've used MysticT's noteblock player/converter, and I have tons of MIDIs and NBS files already converted. If you want, I can share them with you, and if you could make a converter from NBS to your own file format, it would be much better, considering I had to do some hocus pocus to make the songs work within minecraft.
ETHANATOR360 #8
Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:38 PM
I'll let you marvel at what I've created.
I've implemented the iron noteblock to avoid the problem of the giant space required.
looks amazing i love the gui
reububble #9
Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:11 PM
I'll let you marvel at what I've created. I've implemented the iron noteblock to avoid the problem of the giant space required.
I like this. I've used MysticT's noteblock player/converter, and I have tons of MIDIs and NBS files already converted. If you want, I can share them with you, and if you could make a converter from NBS to your own file format, it would be much better, considering I had to do some hocus pocus to make the songs work within minecraft.

Converting NBS was the first one I made, I might have to make yet another video where I show the NBS converter, but that would mean I need something else important to update. For now, I'll just let you know it has been done!