This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
SuicidalSTDz's profile picture

Forum time

Started by SuicidalSTDz, 17 March 2013 - 12:48 PM
SuicidalSTDz #1
Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:48 PM
Is anyone else's forum time incorrect to their time zone? It is 8:53 for me but the forum says it is 7:48
AfterLifeLochie #2
Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:50 PM
Please check your timezone and DST settings are correct in your User CP.
SuicidalSTDz #3
Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:55 PM
It is all correct. I double checked before making this topic. The time was correct before we went forward an hour.
AfterLifeLochie #4
Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:15 PM
It is all correct. I double checked before making this topic. The time was correct before we went forward an hour.
You went forward an hour - so try toggling the DST setting.
SuicidalSTDz #5
Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:20 PM
That solved the hour problem, the difference between the minutes still stands. My timezone is eastern and it is set to that.

Five minute difference isn't that bad. It may just need time to update. Thanks again ^_^/>
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:36 PM
With the worlds time zones minutes are either exactly the same or half an hour different, that is how the times work. given that it is 5 mins out, and mine is perfectly fine, then I would say that your system time is out because the servers time isn't.
SuicidalSTDz #7
Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:53 PM
I'll have you know my system's time is driven by a Cesium Atomic Clock! Lol, I wish. It isn't that bad if it's just five minutes off.
theoriginalbit #8
Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:00 PM
My time is the Atomic Clock too…
SuicidalSTDz #9
Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:02 PM
My time is the Atomic Clock too…
Damn you Cesium! You were supposed to be all mine!
superaxander #10
Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:29 PM
I sometimes when I am PMing(that's not a word) have a problem because on the reply's of others it is displayed in their timezone. And when I look at my own reply's I see it in my own timezone. That's really frustrating especially when I don't know where someone lives. Sometimes it shows it correct but oh well.
AfterLifeLochie #11
Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:22 PM
I sometimes when I am PMing(that's not a word) have a problem because on the reply's of others it is displayed in their timezone. And when I look at my own reply's I see it in my own timezone. That's really frustrating especially when I don't know where someone lives. Sometimes it shows it correct but oh well.
The forums display all times relative to the time-zone setting in your profile. You won't be seeing the other person's time – just your own.

(I've confirmed this in your User Preferences and your time-zone settings.)
superaxander #12
Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:26 PM
The forums display all times relative to the time-zone setting in your profile. You won't be seeing the other person's time – just your own.

Hmm weird cause I can see a big difference from when the notification mail is sent and when the reply was posted. Oh well I'll live.
AfterLifeLochie #13
Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Hmm weird cause I can see a big difference from when the notification mail is sent and when the reply was posted. Oh well I'll live.

If you mean 'notification mail' as in email – that may take any duration to arrive. The reply time in the PM is the correct and absolute time.
superaxander #14
Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

If you mean 'notification mail' as in email – that may take any duration to arrive. The reply time in the PM is the correct and absolute time.
Ok thanks for the help