This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Left's profile picture

PLANNED RELEASE CUNIX

Started by Left, 22 March 2013 - 12:07 AM
Left #1
Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:07 AM
Ok. This is the planned release. I am making a global network, os, kernel ( Isn't that hard ) and peripherals < I have made some before.

The kernel is called CUNIX and its an UNIX kernel ( dead give away -.- )

The network is called LinearGlobal and currently has the features of a "program online purchase/sell/trade script/program bank" and also has features of a social network ( Yes a social network. ) I have built this but I'm not releasing the website YET! I also plan to make a custom Java class for ComputerCraft that may allow you to build peripherals < I have done this before too. It was a nightmare!

So thats the planned release. I started the kernel today…. The filesystem is like a lunix computer.

Goodbye. Have fun program. I will post all future releases here probably.

Its 3:00am here. I'm really tired. I'm sorry for any bad English.
PixelToast #2
Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:04 AM
o.o :D/> sounds epic, cant wait till its finished
Sammich Lord #3
Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:11 AM
I am waiting for the this to release. Wish you luck.

I'm really tired. I'm sorry for any bad English.
Don't worry about it. Nobody is going to make fun of you for it. English is a hard language to learn and use at times.
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:18 AM
Cool can't wait. I'm assuming its related to the questions you have been asking :)/>

English is a hard language to learn and use at times.
Its hard enough for people that English is their first and only language… let alone the people that its a second language! :P/>
Personally I hate English, wish I knew another language. So many stupid spellings and phrases and double meanings, and words spelt different but sound the same……….. :/
Left #5
Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:05 AM
Ok. I should have added this last night. Sorry.

The idea of a kernel is build an OS based off of it. For example Ubuntu is built of off the Lunix kernel and so fourth. My OS will be based of off CUNIX which is then a base for your OS. Another way you can think of a Kernel is that it is a frame for your house. You just need to make the house have more functionality and add your programs. ( I dont think that was a good way to describe it. ) For the online bank. I'm I sum it up a little better. It really should be called a bank because it will kinda work like ebay, someone puts a program online and they want to sell/share then people can buy/download it. It works globally from one server to another. ( http API must be enabled ) The program has unlimited quantity so 30000 people could buy it but you only made 1. The social network, well, I brought a license for phpFox and striped it down to bare basics and host the bank on its database. Then found the login scripts and changed them to be SHA512ed, then MD5ed, then made a program currently has a very basic GUI. ( This is why I asked about the scrolling script )

I am paying for a webhosting server though GoDaddy and the ping from my house in Australia to Canada is 67ms. Thats really fast. Google pings at 58ms from Australia to America.

Thankyou. I will post more updates as they come.
AndreWalia #6
Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:08 AM
I am waiting for the this to release. Wish you luck.

I'm really tired. I'm sorry for any bad English.
Don't worry about it. Nobody is going to make fun of you for it. English is a hard language to learn and use at times.
Never seen you…
Oops should check name first. I like your avatar
Engineer #7
Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:11 AM
Cool can't wait. I'm assuming its related to the questions you have been asking :)/>/>

Its hard enough for people that English is their first and only language… let alone the people that its a second language! :P/>/>
Personally I hate English, wish I knew another language. So many stupid spellings and phrases and double meanings, and words spelt different but sound the same……….. :/
Ooh you should get into dutch. It has the worst spelling and grammar. If English has a grammar rule, we have 2/3 of them.
[/offtopic]

This seems very good, cant wait till it releases.
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #8
Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:21 PM
Cool can't wait. I'm assuming its related to the questions you have been asking :)/>

Its hard enough for people that English is their first and only language… let alone the people that its a second language! :P/>
Learn spanish!
ETHANATOR360 #9
Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

well if you live in america you can speak american its like english but without the rules (many rednecks use this language)
on topic im working on somthing similar but for local networking for office buildings and stuff
Kingdaro #10
Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:04 PM
well if you live in america you can speak american its like english but without the rules (many rednecks use this language)
I normally hear this being said as a joke, but it's actually pretty true.
Left #11
Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:22 PM
Thanks guys for the great responses. I am moving house tomorrow and I have been packing a lot. Sorry. I can't promise a release for a little bit but I will try to get a prerelease. < May be buggy.

Oops should check name first. I like your avatar

Thanks