This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
romotoma's profile picture

hey guys im gonna start making vids of mc and more

Started by romotoma, 26 March 2013 - 06:58 AM
romotoma #1
Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:58 AM
im gonna start making vids of minecraft but first i want to know if ppl will view if i make so watch my first video its just a harlem shake. but im uploading a minecraft vid on my acc so subscribe and like please thanks www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVBcfDrnRCY

ps. im planing on making my own server
oeed #2
Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:04 AM
What will make your videos different to the other thousands of Minecraft channels? If you want people to watch you there has to be something different, speaking from personal experience.
romotoma #3
Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:48 AM
What will make your videos different to the other thousands of Minecraft channels? If you want people to watch you there has to be something different, speaking from personal experience.

well im gonna do things noone has done like go around servers trolling ppl lol make tutorials on how to download and install hacks and plugins how to port forward and its not only gonna be minecraft vids its gonna be slender im gonna put my webcam and record also counterstrike and halo 4 assassins creed and a bunch of stuffies. lol hey guys btw check out my youtube channels forums i made forums for all games its related to my youtube acc so here descensionx.forumotion.com there are forums on almost all games so take ur pic and start posting ty all.
Cranium #4
Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:38 AM
well im gonna do things noone has done like go around servers trolling ppl lol make tutorials on how to download and install hacks and plugins how to port forward and its not only gonna be minecraft vids its gonna be slender im gonna put my webcam and record also counterstrike and halo 4 assassins creed and a bunch of stuffies. lol hey guys btw check out my youtube channels forums i made forums for all games its related to my youtube acc so here descensionx.forumotion.com there are forums on almost all games so take ur pic and start posting ty all.
Have you ever heard of the words, 'punctuation', 'capitalization', 'spell-check', and 'grammar'? I don't know about others, but I, for one, would not like to watch the videos of someone who can't be bothered to format his/her sentences properly. You might want to take some extra lessons to improve those insufficient grammar skills, my friend.
romotoma #5
Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:40 AM
-_-/> jerk…..
Have you ever heard of the words, 'punctuation', 'capitalization', 'spell-check', and 'grammar'? I don't know about others, but I, for one, would not like to watch the videos of someone who can't be bothered to format his/her sentences properly. You might want to take some extra lessons to improve those insufficient grammar skills, my friend.
-_-/> jerk hole, I dont really care about how i type when im in a hurry.
Cranium #6
Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:05 AM
Then slow down. Take the time to type properly. I'm merely expressing my distaste over improperly formatted sentences. For me, and I assume for most of the people here on the forums, it is much easier to understand what is being said in a post when it has some punctuation, and correct spelling.
If you say you don't care how you type when you are in a hurry, then it leads me to believe that you wouldn't care to take the time to make your videos fun, interesting, and engaging.
To be taken seriously, it's generally accepted that you need to project a certain level of intelligence and education. Otherwise, you are just like those other people who post comments on random Youtube videos, begging for subscriptions.
Not one person has gained a subscription that way, to the best of my knowledge. It makes you look pathetically immature, and not the least bit interesting.
I am not trying to insult you, but give you advice on how to project yourself so that you can be a more accomplished Youtuber.
LuaEclipser #7
Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:05 AM
Then slow down. Take the time to type properly. I'm merely expressing my distaste over improperly formatted sentences. For me, and I assume for most of the people here on the forums, it is much easier to understand what is being said in a post when it has some punctuation, and correct spelling.
If you say you don't care how you type when you are in a hurry, then it leads me to believe that you wouldn't care to take the time to make your videos fun, interesting, and engaging.
To be taken seriously, it's generally accepted that you need to project a certain level of intelligence and education. Otherwise, you are just like those other people who post comments on random Youtube videos, begging for subscriptions.
Not one person has gained a subscription that way, to the best of my knowledge. It makes you look pathetically immature, and not the least bit interesting.
I am not trying to insult you, but give you advice on how to project yourself so that you can be a more accomplished Youtuber.
I Agree 100%. i have not yet posted ONE comment begging for subscriptions. i make my videos as different and as interesting as possible. All of my 8 subs are from people who enjoy my content and would like to know when my next video comes out. I don't care about the sub count, all i care about is that people are liking my videos.
Kingdaro #8
Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:06 AM
well im gonna do things noone has done like go around servers trolling ppl lol
This has been done before. Plenty of times.

make tutorials on how to download and install hacks
This has been done too, and it will probably get more dislikes on your videos than likes.

and plugins how to port forward
Both have been done, but could actually be helpful if your tutorial is nice and easy to understand, and doesn't use notepad in replacement for a voice.

and its not only gonna be minecraft vids its gonna be slender
Last thing we need is a video of another kid shitting his pants at some old, old game.

im gonna put my webcam and record also counterstrike and halo 4 assassins creed and a bunch of stuffies.
Seriously, these games have been played too many times, and people are already satisfied with the popular channels that play these games. Why not try to find some new, more interesting, innovative games like NerdCubed?

lol hey guys btw check out my youtube channels forums i made forums for all games its related to my youtube acc so here descensionx.forumotion.com there are forums on almost all games so take ur pic and start posting ty all.
I usually don't create anything unless it's actually needed, and you really don't need a forum just for discussing your videos.
Dlcruz129 #9
Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:57 AM
Is this gonna have anything to do with computercraft? If not, then leave, and stop advertising. Also, your "unique" videos have been made countless times before.
Mikee251 #10
Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

I love you. <3
spyman68 #11
Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:24 AM
Ikr Mikee, Cranium is the best person ever! :wub:/>
Engineer #12
Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:44 AM
I totally agree with Cranium. I know its hard to be unique, but it can be done. For myself, Im uploading speed-ups of me writing code. I have one sub, and Im very satisfied. I like what Im doing and I know people who like/learn/enjoy my videos (2 as of speaking).
I dont know if you are doing this, but I want to say it.

People begin channels to get internet fame or wants to make money with it. Those, are however hard to accomplish and I estimate 75-85% just fails. To take myself as example again, I make videos because Im liking it. Even if it wont get views, I dont really care. (okay, a bit then. I mean if you dont get views and upload lots of videos, its kinda pointless)

But when my feeling says no to recording, I wont even bother doing it.
Cranium #13
Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:16 PM
I think that's a good point. If I could record some of the shenanigans on CCU, I would. I think I will have to do just that as soon as I can get a decent PC with recording abilities.
I wouldn't upload them for subs or money, but instead just so I can share the insanity of programmers up way past their bedtime.
SuicidalSTDz #14
Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:22 PM
If you are making videos, you should be making them because YOU want to and shouldn't care what anyone else thinks about it. Be a leader, not a follower. I usually like to keep up with videos posted by CC members so I will most likely watch yours if you decide to carry out this passion you express.

@Cranium: Nice avatar, more of a cartoon type than realistic, which I like ^_^/>
bbqroast #15
Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:29 PM
-_-/> jerk…..
-_-/> jerk hole, I dont really care about how i type when im in a hurry.
Why should we waste our time watching your videos if you're not willing to spend sometime on us? Robbaz is a somewhat popular Youtuber, he spends hours composing each video (I imagine some he has done over many days) yet many of them are less than 30 minutes long. Movies take years to produce, yet they're rarely more than 2 hours long.

If you're not even willing to spend a few seconds extra adding basic punctuation what makes me thing that you will make half decent videos?
SuicidalSTDz #16
Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:33 PM
Why should we waste our time watching your videos if you're not willing to spend sometime on us? Robbaz is a somewhat popular Youtuber, he spends hours composing each video (I imagine some he has done over many days) yet many of them are less than 30 minutes long. Movies take years to produce, yet they're rarely more than 2 hours long.

If you're not even willing to spend a few seconds extra adding basic punctuation what makes me thing that you will make half decent videos?
Ok, I see you are trying to make a point, but this point has been made already. Let's try to be a bit more civil so we can keep this thread up. I'm sure the OP would be thankful for this.
bbqroast #17
Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:14 PM
Ok, firstly, I'd recommend coming back when you've got some ComputerCraft related videos up so we can provide feedback. Don't link to a Harlem shake video.
Secondly, don't plagiarize, ever. Most of the videos on your account seem to be relatively low quality copies of other people's content. Don't reupload other people's stuff and if you use music in your videos make sure the composer allows it to be shared and make sure you credit them.