This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
AnDwHaT5's profile picture

Did you ever start talking in code

Started by AnDwHaT5, 28 March 2013 - 12:58 AM
AnDwHaT5 #1
Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:58 AM
Ok, so sometimes when im talking to my friends i slip and start talking parts of lua to him and he freaks out. Like elseif statements and other conditional statements. Once i accidentally talked in a I/O format Have anyone else done this on accident?
Tiin57 #2
Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:28 AM
No, the only way you're doing this is if you're purposely showing off. Don't be a braggart.
Cranium #3
Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:33 AM
*inhale*

*slow exhale*

[rant]
I agree. There are two reasons I can think for why you are posting all of these topics.

1. To get attention, because you are childish and immature.
2. To increase your post count.

I don't like both of those reasons. Give me a reason why you have been making these useless topics. Granted, it is in the General section, but I just want to say you are really annoying a bunch of people with these topics.
[/rant]
Mads #4
Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:48 AM
No, I haven't. And I doubt anyone else has. Also, not to be rude, but what I've seen from you so far shows no sign of skills, which would invoke such behaviour.
Dlcruz129 #5
Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:21 AM
return false, "if you talk in code you're crazy"
KaoS #6
Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:31 AM
when texting people I may but it's not accidental… in some cases it's shorter and more understandable to send a short if statement than a long explanation (or more insulting in rare cases :D/>) but I seldom do so as people get irritated and I don't hang out with many coders

EDIT: I am referring to the kind of thing you might see on the IRC channel
Dlcruz129 #7
Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:34 AM
when texting people I may but it's not accidental… in some cases it's shorter and more understandable to send a short if statement than a long explanation (or more insulting in rare cases :D/>/>) but I seldom do so as people get irritated and I don't hang out with many coders

EDIT: I am referring to the kind of thing you might see on the IRC channel

To be honest, I do insult people in code sometimes. You should see my current "mood" on Skype:
Stupid you = new Stupid();
KaoS #8
Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:48 AM
To be honest, I do insult people in code sometimes. You should see my current "mood" on Skype:
Stupid you = new Stupid();

ironic on it's own

return false, "if you talk in code you're crazy"

even more ironic :D/> glad to see I'm not alone though
Cranium #9
Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:00 AM
I have never started talking in code, no. I have however, used code in conversations on IRC and in the CC forums to illustrate my point.
Such as:

if thisTopic ~= useful then
	determineModAction()
end
I think this topic has served it's purpose(if it ever had one), and I'm just going to lock it now.

I expect more contributory content from you, AnDwHaT5. If you want to spout nonsense, and be an attention whore, go to Facebook. I hear that place is full of them.
Edited on 28 March 2013 - 03:02 AM