This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
manboy777's profile picture

Coding?

Started by manboy777, 01 April 2013 - 12:17 AM
manboy777 #1
Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:17 AM
I'm super new to coding, what program does computercraft use so i can learn it? like html or somthing like that?
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:22 AM
ComputerCraft uses the programming language Lua. Just for future reference HTML is not a programming language.

Anyways, you can learn heaps about Lua from the PIL and heaps about the ComputerCraft functions and apis from the ComputerCraft wiki and the in-game help program (type 'help' in the computers to see more)

These 2 resources I believe are the best you can get, but if you still have any problems with code you are making the "Ask a Pro" section is frequented by people, including myself, always willing to answer questions and help you out with the problems you are having. Fair warning though, most, if not all, of us won't make code for you! Short of that there is also Google. Knowing how to Google correctly can get you very good resources and/or previous questions that have been asked here before and tutorials from http://www.lua-users.org. which is also another resource that is not too bad. :)/>

Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your time here and playing around with the mod.

— TheOriginalBIT
LuaEclipser #3
Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:56 AM
A Admin, casper7526, made a introduction-to-lua program. i used it to get my start into the world of lua. i think he took it down though. (WHY!?!) i can teach you the basics if you are willing to work at it.

Welcome To The World Of Lua!

how to pronounce - loo-ah
LuaEclipser #4
Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:02 AM
found it XD! use this in-game

with this program go to
%appdata% -> .minecraft -> saves -> the name of your world -> computer -> find the computer ID -> paste it in there

NOTE: to make the computer be in the "computer" file, you must make a program on it first, can even be blank

EDIT: forgot the link xD here -http://www.computerc...__fromsearch__1
Edited on 01 April 2013 - 06:02 AM