This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Kingdaro's profile picture

[Game] Bejewelled (or 'Becrafted' if you want to go that route)

Started by Kingdaro, 01 April 2013 - 04:41 PM
Kingdaro #1
Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:41 PM
Suggested by TheOriginalBit

Sounded like an interesting idea, so I took a stab at it, and I think it came out rather nicely.

You have about 60 seconds to drag and swap the jewels around to form rows or columns of three. Simply click, and drag it in the direction you want to swap the jewel. You get more points if you get more jewels in one fell swoop.

Have fun.

*Note that I am simply trying to make a good program, not one exactly like the original game.
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:48 PM
YAY! Very nice! Will play this next chance i get!!!
Dlcruz129 #3
Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:31 PM
Nice!
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 PM
Ok just played it… and wow, just wow, very impressive work… :D/>

Bug report: you can swap jewels even when there is no match there. the jewels should swap back.

Bug/Suggestion: Since each jewel has different appearance maybe have the colour changes protected so it can run on normal computers :)/>

Suggestion: Implement the "special" jewels that come from 4 and 5 combos… :)/>
Kingdaro #5
Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:40 PM
Ok just played it… and wow, just wow, very impressive work… :D/>/>/>

Bug report: you can swap jewels even when there is no match there. the jewels should swap back.

Bug/Suggestion: Since each jewel has different appearance maybe have the colour changes protected so it can run on normal computers :)/>/>/>

Suggestion: Implement the "special" jewels that come from 4 and 5 combos… :)/>/>/>

Not swapping back isn't a bug. I figured, since I don't really have any special algorithm to make it so that there's always a match, I'll let the player freely swap around the field however he wants.

And, well, I would have to implement an entirely new set of controls if I wanted normal computer support, since normal computers can't click/drag. -_-/>

As for the suggestion, I would have to play the game again to recall what you speak of, but it sounds like you're talking about powerups. I thought about it, and I was too lazy to change the workings of the games to make room for them, but maybe sometime in the future.
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:48 PM
Not swapping back isn't a bug. I figured, since I don't really have any special algorithm to make it so that there's always a match, I'll let the player freely swap around the field however he wants.
ok fair enough…

And, well, I would have to implement an entirely new set of controls if I wanted normal computer support, since normal computers can't click/drag. -_-/>
true…. didn't think of that… add an error message then so there are no errors…

As for the suggestion, I would have to play the game again to recall what you speak of, but it sounds like you're talking about powerups. I thought about it, and I was too lazy to change the workings of the games to make room for them, but maybe sometime in the future.
ok cool… defs have a play to see what I mean… or that Candy Crush on Facebook…
TheOddByte #7
Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:49 AM
You should try to add like in the original where the objects go back to the previous square if it does'nt match..
And if it does match it sets the background color of those squares to white or something..
And when every square is white you have completed it.. If you don't run out of time that is..

Thats kinda how the normal is.
spyman68 #8
Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:39 AM
This was already discussed, can't you read?
Shnupbups #9
Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:12 PM
Why have you commented out the orange jewel?
Kingdaro #10
Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:42 PM
The main reason being that I thought there were too many jewels, and the game was too hard with it in. Plus it just looked ugly to me.
mzxs #11
Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:43 PM
My high score is 403
remiX #12
Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:02 PM
Mine was 432 or something. First time playing it xD Just moved the gems randomly lol
svennp #13
Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 AM
got a highscore on about 1500 :P/>

a highscore uploading system would be very nice for this! :)/>
LBPHacker #14
Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:26 AM
Wut's with the image in the OP? (It's broken for me…)
Kingdaro #15
Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:01 AM
Wut's with the image in the OP? (It's broken for me…)
I renamed my desktop screenshots folder on Dropbox. Should be fixed now.

got a highscore on about 1500 :P/>/>

a highscore uploading system would be very nice for this! :)/>/>
Nah. Too lazy. :P/>
Symmetryc #16
Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:54 AM
I have an idea on how to do this. You can make it so that it has a preset in there already which is fully solved like this:
BPYYYRRR
BPPPPBBB
BPYYYPPP
RYRRRBBB
RYPPPRRR
RYBBBYYY
Then it randomly mixes up the gems until there are no gems that in rows/columns of 3 and then use it as the game board. This way, it would always be possible, so long as they reversed all of the steps that the computer made.
Kingdaro #17
Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:03 AM
That seems pretty unnecessary. I'll just go with the easier solution that works just as well instead of trying to be exactly like the original game.
Symmetryc #18
Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:00 PM
That seems pretty unnecessary. I'll just go with the easier solution that works just as well instead of trying to be exactly like the original game.
Ah, OK, I thought you wanted to make it like that.
Kingdaro #19
Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:03 PM
Ah, OK, I thought you wanted to make it like that.
That's fair. I'll make a clarification in the OP.
GhostShadow #20
Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:58 AM
This is awesome :D/>
Love it!