This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
robert5129's profile picture

turtle compitition

Started by robert5129, 03 April 2013 - 01:39 AM
robert5129 #1
Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:39 AM
hey everyone i have this need idea for a compotition
you start with a single mining crafty turtle in ftb ultimate and start for a rubber tree
the challenge is to end with a nice house sorting and proccesing system
if you've done that you can give me the code good luck
(how nicer your house looks how more the chance of winning you got)
the compotition will end at the first of may
you have a chunk loader on top of the tree and it's set to a radius of 10 chunks (361 chunks total
sjele #2
Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:41 AM
So the turtle has to do everything, from smelting to buidling and mining? so you can do nothing but program?
robert5129 #3
Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:42 AM
yeah
Engineer #4
Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:43 PM
Then there is one problem. My turtle cant
move *cough* fuel *cough*
Bubba #5
Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:23 PM
Is there some sort of reward for winning the competition? (you should probably take a look at your spelling btw)

This looks suspiciously similar to this.
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:26 PM
if you've done that you can give me the code good luck
I assume you will then release the winning program… do they get credit for it when you release it, or will you be claiming it as your own?
NeverCast #7
Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:34 PM
There are a lot of these going on at the moment, and unfortunately this one I can't take seriously. Your post, spelling, layout. Terrible.
I have a system like this on my friends server, though it doesn't auto-build itself. Items are managed by a turtle with an item sensor (OCS), and I have an order system. I've spent a long time getting this far, it's something I've tried to do for months now.

Sorry, but it just seems like you're trying to get people to code something for you, there is hardly any restrictions in this, it doesn't seem like there are any formal tests, and this isn't a challenge of turtle coding, but more just getting someone to build something for you. I'm out on this one.