This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
unobtanium's profile picture

Two High Door [Rednet][1.0.0]

Started by unobtanium, 07 April 2013 - 11:51 PM
unobtanium #1
Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Hello everybody,

i saw some door programs lately and so i wanted to make my own program to open and close a path trough a wall. So here it is. It is tilable, so if you want you can make it 1x2 or even 30x2.

Download THD 1.0.0 Rednet

Turtle: Pin1vSRk
Computer: Dc2NKNms

How to set it up:

Download the programs with the pastebin code:
pastebin get <code> <name>

<code> are the combinations of latters and numbers above.
<name> shoud be 'startup' (without brackets)

To open and close the door from two sides you need two computers. Place them with the front on the wall and on the other side on that block a button. Place a modem on the back of the computer. Start the program with the name you gave it (i recommand using 'startup').

The turtle automatically realizes where it is. On the floor or the ceiling. Thatmeans you need the block which gets removed underneath the turtle or above the turtle. Set it up with destroy some blocks:

Spoiler

The blocks between are the blocks of the door. Have them placed before starting the turtle door program, otherwise the position wont get detected.

The turtles need one block space below or above depending if there are in the ceiling or the floor.

Start all programs, press the button and the door will open for you and after a brief time close.

Advanced coding stuff:

If you want to you can go into the code of the computer and change various variables:

time - How long the door should stay open.
side - Where te modem on the computer goes.

In the turtle's code you can change:
delay - How long the turtle waits before opening the door. If you have multiples doors (like a tresor) you can open them with a delay for a nice effect.

More programs made by myself:
Items Sorting Turtle — Set up a sorting layout with chests and let it sort items for you. Perfect for Quarries!
ULTIMATE WOOD CHOPPER — Set up a farm to chop wood or cut down single 1x1 or 2x2 trees.
Turtle Interactions - Simply naviagate the turtle with a menu
Two High Door - Opens one or more two high doors over rednet.

If there are any questions, suggestions, errors or bugs, feel free to leave a comment to improve this program pack.
Thank you for your attention.
UNOBTANIUM
oxgon #2
Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:34 AM
This looks amazing and I want to use it, but i'm having trouble grasping how to set it up. Where to place the computer and turtles and how it all works.
unobtanium #3
Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:43 AM
You can put your computers where you want. Rednet is wireless and works over a huge distance.
The turtle have to be placed above or below the door.
That means the two blocks of the door, above and underneath the turtles. The turtles will go up/down a block to place the blocks back at the ceiling and floor. The picture shows accually how to set it up.
If you start the turtle program, you have to have the door in place, so they know if they are at the ceiling or the floor.

Spoiler(Block)
Free Space
Turtle
Block of the door
Block of the door
Turtle
Free Space
(Block)

You accually dont have to use it as door. You also can make automatic windows or other stuff ;D
BlockSmith #4
Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:15 AM
So the logic behind this is to use turtles to break and replace blocks instead of pistons, correct?

P.S. Sorry for the revive, but I'm looking through programs for inspiration.
Edited on 03 June 2014 - 06:37 AM