This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
angellus's profile picture

[Immibis's Peripherals] RFID Writer/Reader (with Encryption, admin password, and color support!)

Started by angellus, 09 April 2013 - 09:46 AM
angellus #1
Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:46 AM
So, I have no idea if you guys will even care about this, but I just got into ComputerCraft and this is my first program. I think it is really useful and cool, so I thought I would post it here to see what you guys think.

Program Details:
The program is designed to work as a startup disk on a computer to control and use a RFID Writer AND Reader. When booting, it will detect whether or not an RFID Reader or Writer is connect and jump to the program for that machine or prompt you to connect one. If they are both connected, it will let you choose. The RFID Writer just lets you set the label of the RFID card and write text to it. The writer has a nice fancy progress bar for writing and admin password support. The Reader will then start up and let you set the "password" it is listening for. It has callbacks for when each scan loop starts, when a valid card is found and when a invalid card is found. Also, you can make a "valid" card "invalid" if both valid and invalid ones are found in the same scan. BOTH programs have the option to use the Cryptographic Accelerator with no extra setup needed.

Program Features:
  • Supports Color screen is one is connected (also supports non-color screens)
  • Supports encryption with no extra set up
  • Supports any symmetric encryption algorithm the Cryptographic Accelerator supports (uses Blowfish by default)
  • Fully automated. No need to edit code (if you want to use as a door lock system)
  • Simple code to change to other use
  • Code if fully documented so you can understand what is going on
  • Completely secure (as long as no one has access to the disk drive)
  • CTRL-T is caught and handles so program cannot terminate (just restarts it)
  • Start up disk so rebooting just restarts program
  • Default parameters/one character shortcuts to make using program faster
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/b7WjT

Source code: http://pastebin.com/n7cadT9D
Zudo #2
Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:35 AM
If this is a PROGRAM not an API put it in the Programs section.

EDIT: I suppose this is a utility :P/>