This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Imque's profile picture

Computer Rack

Started by Imque, 13 April 2013 - 12:33 AM
Imque #1
Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:33 AM
Computer Rack:

A block with multiple computers at an expensive cost.

So the idea is to be able to have a block called a "Computer Rack" in which you can either place computers into or craft computers into. < Not sure.

The way would work is you place it then put your advance computers into with a maxium of 3 or 5 computers. The only way to access the terminal is to connect a monitor as a peripheral or using network cable and right clicking on the rack to connect it to the monitor. Once connected you right the monitor to access the terminal. My other idea on how to connect to the computer is using rednet and have a built in program to remotely connect to the computer in the rack.

I really dont quite know how to explain my idea but maybe you could give your say this?
Cranium #2
Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:52 AM
I don't see any practical application to this.
Imque #3
Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:39 AM
Mass networking.
Cloudy #4
Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:03 AM
Mass networking.

Which you could handle with one computer with much less resources.
1vannn #5
Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:41 PM
Mass networking.

Which you could handle with one computer with much less resources.
So why can't you just have multiple computers stacked on top of each other again?
Engineer #6
Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:53 AM
Honestly, I think it will make no sense to store several computers in one block. Because practically, the screen should be smaller then.
I think I rather use 2 computers next to each other to have some sort of nice interface or something. The thing where Im really getting at is, a blocks is 1m. The screen is by default 19 pixels high (where you can actually do stuff with). If you have 2 computers, it would be like 9 pixels high. That is not much.. Of course you can change the config files, but Im thinking in default mode here..
Lyqyd #7
Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:13 PM
This thread has essentially run its course. Locked.