This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
jesusthekiller's profile picture

[WIP 90%] PacMan - Package Manager for CC!

Started by jesusthekiller, 15 April 2013 - 04:17 AM
jesusthekiller #1
Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

Hey folks!
This is my new project which I'm working on. It's fully featured Package Manager for CC, with online app store, code hosting and more!

I'm now creating GUI for CC code, online platform is complete. If you want to see it: Click Here!
lieudusty #2
Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:30 AM
Very nice website :D/>
Sammich Lord #3
Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:04 AM
"I just want to note, that passwords are 100% safe on our server. They are stored in secured MySQL (sql injection proof) database and hashed twice with SHA-512 and 30 character random salt. This means no one can see them."
Using SHA512 is actually bad. SHA512 is good if you re-hash it 5,000 times. Just a year ago you could re-hash 1,000 times instead but computers are getting faster every day.

SHA512 is meant to be fast. The faster it is for you to hash, the faster it will be for somebody to brute force. I suggest using Blowfish for all encryption. Use 12 rounds and it will be pretty secure but chances of somebody being able to brute-force your DB is VERY slim in a reasonable amount of time.
kornichen #4
Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:11 AM
Maybe dont call it Pacman because there is a game called Pacman ;)/>
Sammich Lord #5
Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:14 AM
Arch's package manager is actually Pacman. I am guessing he named it after Arch's package manager.
jesusthekiller #6
Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:36 AM
-snip-
Arch's package manager is actually Pacman. I am guessing he named it after Arch's package manager.

Indeed. And I know "pacman" game ;P
jesusthekiller #7
Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:39 AM
Now hashing 1000 times :)/>
Sammich Lord #8
Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:42 AM
Now hashing 1000 times :)/>
Didn't I just say how it was okay to hash 1,000 times a year ago and now you should hash 5,000 times? :P/>
jesusthekiller #9
Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:26 AM
According to the wiki:

Currently, the best public attacks break 46 of the 64 rounds of SHA-256 or 46 of the 80 rounds of SHA-512

So, 1000 rounds is way too overkill…
Sammich Lord #10
Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:57 AM
According to the wiki:

Currently, the best public attacks break 46 of the 64 rounds of SHA-256 or 46 of the 80 rounds of SHA-512

So, 1000 rounds is way too overkill…
Well either the place I read it from is wrong or I am generally crazy. :P/>
Neekow #11
Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:30 PM
a "forum" where we'll can put our codes (as an ftp)? ^^
Sammich Lord #12
Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:33 PM
a "forum" where we'll can put our codes (as an ftp)? ^^
What?
Spongy141 #13
Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:40 PM
I have a type of OCD were spelling NEEDS to be right… and you spelled stuff wrong on your site…………………………………………………… Please fix it.
( I don't really have OCD, its just spelling REALLY bothers me).
SadKingBilly #14
Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:49 PM
I have a type of OCD were spelling NEEDS to be right… and you spelled stuff wrong on your site…………………………………………………… Please fix it.
( I don't really have OCD, its just spelling REALLY bothers me).
:lol:/> I hate to be a dick here, hahaha, but you spelled "where" incorrectly. Also, it's "it's".

Anyway, on topic: a little more information would be nice. I even checked out your site, but I still can't tell why this is better than using Pastebin. Does it have built-in dependency resolution? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a CC package manager, but the current Pastebin system works great. Didn't the community abandon cc-get in favor of it?
Spongy141 #15
Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:56 PM
^
No the correct grammar for what I said is "its" not "it's" since it's means it is. Which wouldn't sound right. Oh and its grammar you mean, not spelling :P/>.
SadKingBilly #16
Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:17 PM
^
No the correct grammar for what I said is "its" not "it's" since it's means it is. Which wouldn't sound right. Oh and its grammar you mean, not spelling :P/>.
I really shouldn't be getting into this, but… "it's" is the contraction of "it" and "is", literally meaning "it is". "Its", on the other hand, is the possessive form of "it", in much the same way that "his" is the possessive form of "him" or "he". Your sentence would have been grammatically incorrect no matter which you used, but "its" was less correct than "it's" would have been. Either way, my corrections were technically related to both grammar and spelling, since your misspelling of "it's" was related to the grammatical incorrectness of your use of the word.
Spongy141 #17
Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:41 PM
It wouldn't make sense having
( I don't really have OCD, *it is* just spelling REALLY bothers me).

I even repeated that to myself like 50 times before posting…. it just doesn't sound right.
Still the spelling error I found on his site was one that REALLY F*CKING BOTHERS ME, people saying "LUA" when its really Lua, LUA means (In Microsoft terms) Low-privileged User Account , and in internet slang Love You Always, so when people say "I code in LUA" it makes me think, "You code in Love You Always and or Low-privileged User Account? Are you retarded?" Now don't get me wrong, and take this as me saying this program looks like it will suck, since to me it looks like it will be really awesome.
jesusthekiller #18
Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:36 PM
OH my gooosh!

JK :P/>

Sorry for my spelling/grammar, english is my second language and Neatbeans dictionary is trollin' me…

-snip-

Anyway, on topic: a little more information would be nice. I even checked out your site, but I still can't tell why this is better than using Pastebin. Does it have built-in dependency resolution? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a CC package manager, but the current Pastebin system works great. Didn't the community abandon cc-get in favor of it?

More info posted on topic will when ready be ;)/>

-snip-
Well either the place I read it from is wrong or I am generally crazy. :P/>

You what my answer is :P/>
theoriginalbit #19
Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:41 PM
I believe Lyqyd also has a package manager called PacMan…
jesusthekiller #20
Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:46 PM
@up

Might be :)/>