This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
wilcomega's profile picture

[Discussion] CLEANUP! :D

Started by wilcomega, 20 April 2013 - 06:32 AM
wilcomega #1
Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:32 AM
a new sub-forum has been created: "operating systems"
i think: that this is one of the best things happend. there were just way too many os's. i am glad they are moved! :)/>

thx for reading an please post what YOU think of the new sub-forum i call "cleanup",
wilcomega
Cranium #2
Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:23 AM
This doesn't sound like a constructive or well meaning topic. Please tell me how this won't devolve into people bagging on the OS'es?
SuicidalSTDz #3
Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:52 AM
I thought the OS section suggestion was denied multiple times to avoid dispute over whether the program is an OS or not..
Sammich Lord #4
Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:54 AM
I thought the OS section suggestion was denied multiple times to avoid dispute over whether the program is an OS or not..
Lochie stated in another topic that the ratio of operating systems grew higher than they expected.
SuicidalSTDz #5
Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:57 AM
Hmm, it was bound to happen I suppose.
Bubba #6
Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:42 AM
I personally am glad to see the addition, as it means that I no longer have to see people cluttering the programs thread with their "OS" that they spent literally 20 minutes on.
SuicidalSTDz #7
Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:04 AM
spent literally 20 minutes on.
Oh no, they spend more time than that ;)/> I would estimate around an hour to look up all the apis then another to code it all in while referring to ask a pro for answers that they should know before indulging themselves into something much too complex for their brains to comprehend. (There are some people that are capable of this however)

***The above is not meant to be aimed, pointed toward, or hinted at anyone/persons in particular. This is an overall stereotypical opinion by me. Disagree at will***

But enough of that, back on topic. I actually like the addition as well, to a certain degree. There will still be clutter, but in a different section rather than in programs. So all in all, it is was a good choice to add it.
Lyqyd #8
Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:06 AM
This doesn't sound like a constructive or well meaning topic. Please tell me how this won't devolve into people bagging on the OS'es?
spent literally 20 minutes on.
Oh no, they spend more time than that ;)/>/>/> I would estimate around an hour to look up all the apis then another to code it all in while referring to ask a pro for answers that they should know before indulging themselves into something much too complex for their brains to comprehend. (There are some people that are capable of this however)

***The above is not meant to be aimed, pointed toward, or hinted at anyone/persons in particular. This is an overall stereotypical opinion by me. Disagree at will***

But enough of that, back on topic. I actually like the addition as well, to a certain degree. There will still be clutter, but in a different section rather than in programs. So all in all, it is was a good choice to add it.

This is why we cannot have nice things. Locked.