This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Azhf's profile picture

[CC GAMESHOW!] Code Wars

Started by Azhf, 20 April 2013 - 06:01 PM
Azhf #1
Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:01 PM
I just got the idea of pitting two users against eachother in a tournament, and the winner gets their name posted on the first post(This, YAY! XD). One I would like to see is Gravs vs 1lann or Gravs vs SuicidalSTDz :P/> Anyways, this shall go on youtube, and each time there is a new video, I will link it/put it on this post. On the poll you will be able to vote on who should win.

Applications:

Competitors/Coders:
SpoilerIn game name:
Coding experience:
Do you have Skype or Mumble:
If so, Skype/Mumble name:
If you know any servers to host, put the IP here:
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it):
Time Zone(and time you posted this)
Thank you!

Servers:
SpoilerServer IP:
Community Rating(Are people nice):
Will you give us supplies needed:
Thanks!

If you have any suggestions, do tell! Seriously, if you know a server or own one, please send in an application, it would be greatly appreciated! I hope everyone has fun.

Tournament Ladder:
(Currently looking for a creator because I suck with all image editing services :P/>)

Application Number Things:
People: 12/16
Server: 1/1
If server owner says you can join, feel free to do so! Just do not bother the contestants, please. I am super happy face about this and really hope it takes off :D/>

Current Applications Accepted:
superaxander
theoriginialbit
GravityScore
1lann
spyman68
Dlcruz129
Kingdaro
oeed
Spongy141
Mads
Orwell
Shnupbups100

I think the matches shall be this:
GravityScore vs 1lann
superaxander vs spyman68
theoriginialbit vs Dlcruz129
Kingdaro vs oeed
Spongy141 vs Mads
Orwell vs Shnupbups100

Server Deets:

Server IP: 75.89.153.44:255664
4 more slots open!!
superaxander #2
Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:57 PM
In game name:
Coding experience: helped in ask a pro. Made an exploiting program(W.I.P.). Made a program to display generic tutorials. Made a screensaver. Helped with projects, more on http://github.com/superaxander
Do you have Skype or Mumble:Skype
If so, Skype/Mumble name: superasxander
(With the s)
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Fraps
Thank you!
Azhf #3
Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:00 PM
Lol you didn't have to copy the thank you part and do you have an ingame name or do you use cracked?
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:33 PM
What kind of stuff would actually have to be coded? Is it like two people vs on the same program and the better coded / more functionality within the time frame wins, or is it more of a make what you can in the time frame, or more of a make what you can, you must use these functions (kinda like Wrenched)?

EDIT: Oh application
IGN: TheOriginalBIT
Coding experience: Heaps, I don't think I need to list it all out. Also a lot from outside the CC world.
Do you have Skype: Yes
Skype name: theoriginalbit.computercraft
Know of a server to host: nope
Can you record: nope.
Timezone: GMT+10 (AEST)
Posted: Saturday 20th April @ 05:33 PM
Edited on 21 April 2013 - 06:36 PM
GravityScore #5
Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:49 PM
This sounds interesting and pretty fun. I'd also like to know what sort of things would have to be coded, and when it would be hosted - timezones could be quite an issue, most classes on CCU are at around 2am for me :(/> I'm on school holidays for the next 2 weeks, so anytime then would be great.

Here's my application:

In game name: GravityScore
Coding experience: lots of stuffs
Do you have Skype or Mumble: Skype
If so, Skype/Mumble name: ilikepie1987
If you know any servers to host, put the IP here: Not sure of any sorry.
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel (or a part of it): Does anyone actually know any good screen recorders for mac? I haven't ever looked into this.
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:01 PM
Does anyone actually know any good screen recorders for mac? I haven't ever looked into this.
iShowU HD
iShowU HD Pro (I've used, not too bad)
ScreenFlow (One I like)
ScreenFlick
EDIT: Oh and QuickTime works a charm for short video only recordings, thats how I did the bug videos for AfterLifeLochie. QT even has a post to YouTube ability :P/>
Edited on 20 April 2013 - 08:02 PM
1lann #7
Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:21 PM
In game name: 1lann
Coding experience: Good, I suppose.
Do you have Skype or Mumble: Yes
If so, Skype/Mumble name: Skype: jjc.chu (Actually say you're whoever you are in the contact request, and not "Hey, I want to add you as a contact")
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Fraps
superaxander #8
Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:29 AM
Lol you didn't have to copy the thank you part and do you have an ingame name or do you use cracked?
No no no no I don't have cracked. My IGN: superaxander
spyman68 #9
Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:22 AM
In game name: spyman68
Coding experience: Eh, about medium I geuss
If so, Skype/Mumble name: Skype: spyman680
If you know any servers to host, put the IP here: Well I might host if I can be a part but it's not public so it will only be the contestants
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): I use bandicam but I might move to something else because of that hidious logo in the way.
Timezone: EST
Dlcruz129 #10
Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:08 AM
Meh, I'll try this:

In game name: dlcruz129
Coding experience: Since I've been on the forums. 
Do you have Skype or Mumble: Yes, but no mic
If so, Skype/Mumble name: n/a
If you know any servers to host, put the IP here: I could host a local server, but it wouldn't be too good. 
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): I have Fraps, so I could record if you want.
Timezone: US PST
Azhf #11
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:23 AM
All seem good, I live in Central time, so I would need to work something out like that, I can mainly record at night because I live in an open floor planned house. However, sometimes I can record when I get home from school (3:10).

I will put who will vs who in the topic post(originial post).
Also, GravityScore, you can code anything, is what I was planning on.

EDIT: At end I mean TOBIT.
Azhf #12
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:27 AM
It would also be awesome if you guys could post your time zones now, and I will put them on the main post, and then we mgiht eb able to work something out. My time zone is Central. (US/Canada)
Dlcruz129 #13
Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:19 AM
US PST
Kingdaro #14
Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:50 AM
In game name: Kingdaro
Coding experience: Creator of Canvas and various CC games, the NetGroup API, and some outer-CC experience with Lua.
Do you have Skype or Mumble: Just skype, I can easily get Mumble though.
If so, Skype/Mumble name: Skype: kingdarobl
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Fraaaaaaaps

My timezone is US Eastern -5

EDIT: Time of posting: 5:50 PM
spyman68 #15
Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:36 PM
My time zone is EST
GravityScore #16
Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:22 PM
AWST (GMT + 8) for me.
oeed #17
Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:50 PM
I don't see any reason not to.

In game name:
oeed
Coding experience:
5+ years
Do you have Skype or Mumble:
Yes, Skype
[redacted] please pm me
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it):
Yes, QuickTime X.

Also, my timezone is UTC 9:30 +
theoriginalbit #18
Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:58 PM
Also, BIT, you can code anything, is what I was planning on.
I think it would be cooler if you gave both the challenge to make a program that uses certain functions (or just a certain program) that way it is a little easier for the judges to judge… then give like a short planning time, then coding time… but of course, these are just suggestions, its your show…

Also edited my post with timezone…
Spongy141 #19
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:08 PM
Hmm… seems, fun.

In game name: Spongy141
Coding experience: About 1 year now, when I was 9 I started to learn HTML, but HTML is not really programming.
If so, Skype/Mumble name: spongy141
f you know any servers to host, put the IP here:
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Camtasia Studio 8, it comes with a recorder... its very nice.
superaxander #20
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:20 PM
Mine is GMT+1
Azhf #21
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:34 PM
It would make it easier on me if you edited your previous posts, and put the originial time of posting on all of them, because I suck with timezones xD Sorry guys, also, more recent ones now accepted as well.
theoriginalbit #22
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:37 PM
It would make it easier on me if you edited your previous posts, and put the originial time of posting on all of them, because I suck with timezones xD
Done.
Kingdaro #23
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:38 PM
Also done!
theoriginalbit #24
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:41 PM
Also done!
Mine was more useful, I also added a day :P/>
Kingdaro #25
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:45 PM
Showoff! …baka
Azhf #26
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:45 PM
xD Thanks I am so lazy as to not just google it :P/>
Spongy141 #27
Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:52 PM
Azhf, if I can get my IP set up as a static IP rather than dynamic, I could host, but like I said I can't get it to work right.
theoriginalbit #28
Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:20 PM
Azhf, if I can get my IP set up as a static IP rather than dynamic, I could host, but like I said I can't get it to work right.
Sometimes you cannot have static external IPs, it all depends on your ISP… Maybe look into setting up with a DDNS like, ummm, what are they called, no-ip?
Azhf #29
Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:22 PM
That's OK, some static IPs cost, so it really is fine.
Spongy141 #30
Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:24 PM
I think I just need to play around with the port forwarding crap a bit more, its really annoying.
theoriginalbit #31
Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:34 PM
That's OK, some static IPs cost, so it really is fine.
And that is where DDNS's come in handy, but only when they have the utility that runs in the background and updates the entry with the external IP.

I think I just need to play around with the port forwarding crap a bit more, its really annoying.
Oh did you mean your computer with a static IP?
Shnupbups #32
Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:52 PM
In game name: Shnupbups100
Coding experience: A fair amount, I guess
Do you have Skype or Mumble: Skype, yes. But I may not use voice chat unless I'm in a good mood, just text.
If so, Skype/Mumble name: Shnupbups
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Not really.
Time Zone(and time you posted this) AEST (GMT+10) I posted at 6:00 PM
Thank you! You're welcome!
TheModerGuy #33
Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:41 AM
Hello, nice idea! i host servers and would like to contribute

i'm based in australia and can host an official server for the game show if you would like me to, also i host teamspeak3 servers
pm me if your interested
theoriginalbit #34
Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:10 AM
i'm based in australia and can host an official server for the game show if you would like me to, also i host teamspeak3 servers
I would just like to say that I love this idea for 2 reasons:
  1. I am in Australia and always get the best connection to servers when they are in Australia (meaning typing on a computer would be not laggy)
  2. TeamSpeak is nicer than Skype on Mac as it allows for a shortcut of push-to-mute/push-to-talk, unlike the Mac version of Skype where its some stupid unchangeable keyboard shortcut.
But obviously the decision is up to Azhf
oeed #35
Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:01 AM
  1. I am in Australia and always get the best connection to servers when they are in Australia (meaning typing on a computer would be not laggy)
  2. TeamSpeak is nicer than Skype on Mac as it allows for a shortcut of push-to-mute/push-to-talk, unlike the Mac version of Skype where its some stupid unchangeable keyboard shortcut.

Yea, obviously the closer to the user the better if we have to use a server.

I'm up for just being given a time limit and doing it on your on computer. (like 1 weekend/week idk)
Imque #36
Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:40 AM
I'll see if I can get a server for a month or two.
Spongy141 #37
Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:30 AM
Yeah TS3 is better.
TheOddByte #38
Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:35 AM
I would like to test this..
But what are you going to compete about?
Who makes the greatest program fastest or something?
Anyway..

IGN: loda10
Coding experience: Lua, Batch, Basic, HTML and a little CSS
Do you have Skype or Mumble: Yes, Skype
If so, Skype/Mumble name: kevin_killson   <-- I think this is right.. Else look in my profile
Recorder(Camtasia)
Time Zone(GMT +1, 18:41)
————————————————————————————–
If you know any servers to host, put the IP here: My Server Forum
————————————————————————————–

Would love to be a part of this :)/>
theoriginalbit #39
Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:35 AM
Yeah TS3 is better.
Ikr! Less computer resources, less internet resources, better functionality, etc.
Dlcruz129 #40
Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:39 AM
Yeah TS3 is better.
Ikr! Less computer resources, less internet resources, better functionality, etc.

Mumble is cheaper. I do agree that ts3 is better, though.
Spongy141 #41
Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:11 AM
Yeah TS3 is better.

TS3 is free….
Dlcruz129 #42
Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:16 AM
Yeah TS3 is better.

TS3 is free….

I meant a mumble server is cheaper.
Spongy141 #43
Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:20 AM
Yeah TS3 is better.

TS3 is free….

I meant a mumble server is cheaper.
How is it cheaper, if you can port forward right, then it should be free either way. Unless you try to pay for TS3, even though it free either way.
Azhf #44
Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:21 AM
Hm, we could also use Raidcall, it is free and supposedly is faster than most things…
theoriginalbit #45
Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:23 AM
Hm, we could also use Raidcall, it is free and supposedly is faster than most things…
Raidcall has no Mac version.
Spongy141 #46
Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:29 AM
Raidcall has no Mac version.
That's why you should switch your OS to Linux or Windows. I prefer Windows, since you can see through them. But Mac makes really good computers, just there OS sucks.
theoriginalbit #47
Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:32 AM
That's why you should switch your OS to Linux or Windows. I prefer Windows, since you can see through them. But Mac makes really good computers, just there OS sucks.
No, just no, don't be starting a flame war. I have no problem reporting you for it.
Kingdaro #48
Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:41 AM
Don't tell other people to change their OS just because you don't like it. I hate macs as much as the next guy, but you have to respect others' preferences.
Dlcruz129 #49
Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:20 AM
Back on topic: When will this take place?
Spongy141 #50
Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:53 AM
No, just no, don't be starting a flame war. I have no problem reporting you for it.
Look, I wasn't trying to start anything, I was simply stating a fact, if I was trying to start something I wouldn't have said that Mac makes a good computer. So please read all of the someone says before trying to say something like that.
On topic.
@Dlcruz
Yeah I was wondering that too, I think we need to get everything such as what software we will use to chat, and who is going to host before an ETA can be made.
Dlcruz129 #51
Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:17 AM
I can IM in Skype, or join an irc channel. If mumble or ts3 have text-based chat, I can use that.
theoriginalbit #52
Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:18 AM
I know TS3 has a chat. not sure about Mumble.
Shnupbups #53
Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:27 PM
Yes, I would much prefer TS3. Less lag and stuffs.
TheModerGuy #54
Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:49 PM
Yeah TS3 is better.

Price is not a factor, i'm more than glad to host TS3 and Minecraft Servers for the event

also my internet speed is over 50mbs up and down

(it costs no money for me, i build servers)
Edited on 22 April 2013 - 12:24 PM
Spongy141 #55
Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:22 PM
Yeah TS3 is better.

Price is not a factor, i'm more than glad to host TS3 and Minecraft Servers for the event

Well both software are free (I know for a fact TS3 is, and I'm guessing Mumble is also).
TheModerGuy #56
Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:19 PM
Yeah TS3 is better.

Well both software are free (I know for a fact TS3 is, and I'm guessing Mumble is also).

a free server is 32 slots, my servers have NPLs so i can run 1000+ users
Spongy141 #57
Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:47 PM
Well I'm sure its not necessary for 1000+. At least for the game use, since at most it probably will be 10-20, maybe less :P/>
Sxw #58
Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:33 PM
You can use my server for the minecraft, I'll make a new world if needed.
Spongy141 #59
Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:50 PM
Lol I just read who VS who, lol I guess I win by default.
Dlcruz129 #60
Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:59 PM
Oh ****ing **** of ****ing ****, **** you, I'm against TOBIT. :P/>
Spongy141 #61
Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

if Dlcruzs_comment == * > 10 then
  error("To many *")
end
That's what I think of that.
theoriginalbit #62
Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:52 PM
Oh ****ing **** of ****ing ****, **** you, I'm against TOBIT. :P/>
mwahahahahaha… :P/>
On a serious note, you may have an advantage, I'm not that great a coder when put on the spot with a time limit and if we have to come up with the program, I'm not at all creative so it might take me a while to come up with an idea…
Dlcruz129 #63
Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:21 PM
Oh ****ing **** of ****ing ****, **** you, I'm against TOBIT. :P/>/>
mwahahahahaha… :P/>/>
On a serious note, you may have an advantage, I'm not that great a coder when put on the spot with a time limit and if we have to come up with the program, I'm not at all creative so it might take me a while to come up with an idea…

And the winner is: Dlcruz with his
print("hi world!!!")
versus TOBIT's
--I couldn't think of anything
:P/>

That might help me, but we still don't really know exactly how the game will work. Also, typing speed might help. (Make a competitor to Firewolf. You have 60 seconds. Go.) Good luck, not that you need it.
TheModerGuy #64
Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:25 PM
Well I'm sure its not necessary for 1000+. At least for the game use, since at most it probably will be 10-20, maybe less :P/>

i'm just saying that i am more than happy to provide a permanent Minecraft Server and permanent TeamSpeak server for no cost :)/>
TheModerGuy #65
Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:34 PM
Oh ****ing **** of ****ing ****, **** you, I'm against TOBIT. :P/>/>
mwahahahahaha… :P/>/>

And the winner is: Dlcruz with his
print("hi world!!!")
versus TOBIT's
--I couldn't think of anything
:P/>

That might help me, but we still don't really know exactly how the game will work. Also, typing speed might help. (Make a competitor to Firewolf. You have 60 seconds. Go.) Good luck, not that you need it.

i think it should be 30min to an hour to make something to a topic, such as an email client; and the arena has a email server.

i have many many more ideas i'll post them when i get home.
Spongy141 #66
Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:20 PM
I'm still not versing anyone. :(/>
TheModerGuy #67
Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:04 PM
I'm still not versing anyone. :(/>

verse me! :D/>
Imque #68
Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:42 PM
Nope, Sorry. Cannot get a server.
TheModerGuy #69
Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:54 PM
<snip waiting for conformation>
Edited on 22 April 2013 - 07:16 PM
Mads #70
Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:50 PM
I'd like to join. It'd be cool with some "secret" network stuff, and you had to hack into it and maybe get information and shit :D/>

Here's my application:
In game name: mad1231999
Coding experience: About 3 years of Java and C++, almost 2 with Lua
Do you have Skype or Mumble: Yes
If so, Skype/Mumble name: I would rather not write my username in this thread
If you know any servers to host, put the IP here: none
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Nope, computer can't handle it.
Time Zone(and time you posted this): GTM +1, posted this at 10:56
theoriginalbit #71
Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:59 PM
If so, Skype/Mumble name: I would rather not write my username in this thread
Thats why I have one just for the forums :P/>
oeed #72
Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:11 PM
A few questions.

Do we get planning time?
Can we use our own APIs (drawing etc) to speed up development?
When will it start?
Kingdaro #73
Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:20 AM
WOW YOU REALLY PUT ME AGAINST OEED

I don't feel as confident anymore. :(/>
theoriginalbit #74
Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:27 AM
I'll request a swap with oeed if you wish ;)/> :)/>
Kingdaro #75
Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:38 AM
I'll request a swap with oeed if you wish ;)/> :)/>
I feel like I'll be seeing you both in my nightmares.
Spongy141 #76
Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Apparently I'm versing someone named <none>… I never even heard of them.
theoriginalbit #77
Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:49 AM
Considering he hasn't "processed" Mads' application, when he does I assume you will be paired against him.
Spongy141 #78
Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:10 AM
Considering he hasn't "processed" Mads' application, when he does I assume you will be paired against him.
Hmmm…. How good is Mads?
GravityScore #79
Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:06 AM
Damn I'm against 1lann. Prepare for me to fail :P/>

Excited already. Can't wait for this to start. :D/>
Orwell #80
Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:08 AM
I'm rather short on time this week, but I'd love to give this a go. :)/>

In game name: this_is_1984
Coding experience: I've been around for a while, I can't really compare.
Do you have Skype or Mumble: Not yet, easy enough to install if needed.
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Not yet, I can use any recommended software (windows or linux)
Time Zone: GMT+2
spyman68 #81
Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:08 AM
( My server is private and only those needed would be whitelisted, thanks )
Server IP: 75.89.153.44:25566
Community Rating(Are people nice): Ummm, well there isn't many people
Will you give us supplies needed: Ofc, whatever is needed!
spyman68 #82
Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:13 AM
I'll see if I can get a server for a month or two.
You don't need to buy one because it's not neccessary, I have my own private server I'd be more than willing to use for the game show
Kingdaro #83
Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:47 AM
So would the scripting have to be done on the server? Or could we use external tools with third-party editors? e.g. Sublime with CCopy.
Jarle212 #84
Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:33 AM
In game name: Jarle212
Coding experience: 1 year lua, 1 and 1/2 year Java.
If so, Skype/Mumble name: Jarle.trollebo
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Do have recording program, but it might make things laggy
Time zone: GMT +10
Posted: 22:49
Dlcruz129 #85
Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:31 PM
Damn I'm against 1lann. Prepare for me to fail :P/>/>

Excited already. Can't wait for this to start. :D/>/>

You vs 1lann should definitely be interesting. Don't be so modest; you're a great coder.
Spongy141 #86
Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:22 PM
So what are we going to use: TS3, Skype, or Mumbler???
Mads #87
Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:41 PM
Hmmm…. How good is Mads?

I'd say I'm pretty good. Maybe not with GUIs and stuff, but I know Lua like my own back pocket.
theoriginalbit #88
Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:52 PM
I'd say I'm pretty good. Maybe not with GUIs and stuff, but I know Lua like my own back pocket.
Thats when you say "Hey thats new!" :P/>
Mads #89
Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:53 PM
Thats when you say "Hey thats new!" :P/>
That'd have to be in Lua 5.3 xD
theoriginalbit #90
Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:55 PM
That'd have to be in Lua 5.3 xD
Haha. Well I was making a Robots reference :P/>
Mads #91
Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:00 PM
Didn't catch that xD
Shnupbups #92
Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:04 PM
What about mine? I want mine to be processed!
Spongy141 #93
Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:15 AM
Hmmm…. How good is Mads?

Damn, I barely know anything about my back pocket… lucky :P/>
TheOddByte #94
Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:35 AM
Didn't I get accepted?
If I did it's best to contact me via skype.
Mads #95
Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:21 AM
Is the OP dead? 0_o
Spongy141 #96
Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:02 PM
Is the OP dead? 0_o
It seems like it… he/she hasn't been on since the 21.
Kingdaro #97
Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:31 PM
If OP won't organize this, someone else should.
Azhf #98
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:19 PM
Back and ready to roll. Extremely sorry guys; was busy lately. Recent applications have been accepted, and so has spymans's server! Also, you can change who you are going up against if all 4 people agree/accept. Any other questions, and yes you can use personal APIs. I would like the first two people on the list to go first, but I would also like to start ASAP.
oeed #99
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:21 PM
Ok, what sort of things are we going to have to make?
Azhf #100
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:25 PM
Ok, what sort of things are we going to have to make?
Now that I think about it, haven't really thought about it XD I'll let you guys decide. I think we will probably use TS3(Which Ima go download), and I will try to set up a good time/date for the first match.
Kingdaro #101
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:30 PM
I say matches should be randomized at gametime. Would be an interesting unexpected challenge, as the actual challenge itself would be.
Azhf #102
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:30 PM
Hmm… how about GravityScore and 1lann list their time zones and time posted at thier convenience, I can compare it with mine, and get the time of recording of the first show? (I might only be able to do it on weekends, some weekends at that :(/> )

EDIT: Kinda Ninja'd, but how would we do that. Kingdaro, and some people might not be available at a moment's notice.
Kingdaro #103
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:35 PM
Well if they're in the server we just randomize between the people in the server. Not much of a problem.
Dlcruz129 #104
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:37 PM
I say matches should be randomized at gametime. Would be an interesting unexpected challenge, as the actual challenge itself would be.

What if we have two people on opposite sides of the world? I think people should be matched according to skill level and time zone.
Azhf #105
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:42 PM
That's a good idea, dlcruz, I'll do that. Everyone please (re)post time zones and time of posting.
Dlcruz129 #106
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:51 PM
US PST
Time of posting: 4:58
Azhf #107
Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:54 PM
So your time is two hours before mine… (hm… xD) I am in Central btw, time of posting 7:00PM
spyman68 #108
Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:01 PM
EST
Time of posting: 8:0 6PM
Orwell #109
Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:06 PM
GMT+2
Time of posting: 02:14

I've done some thinking about the nature of possible challenges. I believe it's less interesting to let people create games or such as we've seen it all before. It also wouldn't accurately measure one's coding skill, but also one's creativity. So I was thinking about a programming competition I went to last week. It gave logical problems for people to solve using programming. That was interesting and actually measured the technical knowledge of programming and problem solving. This could be for example making a turtle navigate through a maze or similar.
Kingdaro #110
Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:04 PM
…Did a bunch of posts just get deleted?
Azhf #111
Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:47 PM
Yes, Kingdaro. That's what I just noticed… Hm.
spyman68 #112
Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:16 PM
Someone hacked the site I think
spyman68 #113
Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:20 PM
And btw, go ahead on hop on the server :)/>
oeed #114
Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:07 PM
I think they may have restored a backup or something. My user feed has everything up to the 24th.

And my number of posts is down by about 50
theoriginalbit #115
Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:15 PM
I think they may have restored a backup or something. My user feed has everything up to the 24th.

And my number of posts is down by about 50
Oh man…. My CCTicTacToe thread is gone… :/

I did actually wonder why there was a lack of blueness and yet everything looked different…
MudkipTheEpic #116
Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:54 PM
Youd better finish the main post or people will start applying again! :P/>
theoriginalbit #117
Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:00 PM
Youd better finish the main post or people will start applying again! :P/>
The question is… who remembers the details? :P/>
also I believe there is one slot open. since it was PixelBye.
MudkipTheEpic #118
Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:00 PM
Got you back your post (from Apr 24, 2013 01:47:48 GMT, as up to date as I could get it):

In the spoiler:

Spoiler
I just got the idea of pitting two users against eachother in a tournament, and the winner gets their name posted on the first post(This, YAY! XD). One I would like to see is Gravs vs 1lann or Gravs vs SuicidalSTDz :P/> Anyways, this shall go on youtube, and each time there is a new video, I will link it/put it on this post. On the poll you will be able to vote on who should win.

Applications:

Competitors/Coders:

Spoiler

Servers:

Spoiler

If you have any suggestions, do tell! Seriously, if you know a server or own one, please send in an application, it would be greatly appreciated! I hope everyone has fun.

Tournament Ladder:
(Currently looking for a creator because I suck with all image editing services :P/>)

People: 13/16
MC Server: 1/1
TS3 Server : 0/1
If server owner says you can join, feel free to do so! Just do not bother the contestants, please. I am super happy face about this and really hope it takes off :D/>

superaxander
theoriginialbit
GravityScore
1lann
spyman68
Dlcruz129
Kingdaro
oeed
Spongy141
Mads
Orwell
Shnupbups100
MudkipTheEpic

GravityScore vs 1lann
superaxander vs spyman68
Kingdaro vs oeed
Spongy141 vs Mads
Orwell vs Shnupbups100
MudkipTheEpic vs <none>

Server Deets:

3 more slots open!!
Teamspeak 3 server needed!

URL: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hVCMO-otH4sJ:www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php%3F/topic/12334-ts3-server-neededcc-gameshow-code-wars/+site:computercraft.info+CC+Code+Wars&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
spyman68 #119
Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:33 PM
But it's still not accurate, we already have the TS server too
MudkipTheEpic #120
Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:58 PM
Got you back your post (from Apr 24, 2013 01:47:48 GMT, as up to date as I could get it):

In the spoiler:

SpoilerI just got the idea of pitting two users against eachother in a tournament, and the winner gets their name posted on the first post(This, YAY! XD). One I would like to see is Gravs vs 1lann or Gravs vs SuicidalSTDz :P/> Anyways, this shall go on youtube, and each time there is a new video, I will link it/put it on this post. On the poll you will be able to vote on who should win.

Applications:

Competitors/Coders:

Spoiler

Servers:

Spoiler

Tournament Ladder:

People: 13/16
MC Server: 1/1
TS3 Server : 0/1

superaxander
theoriginialbit
GravityScore
1lann
spyman68
Dlcruz129
Kingdaro
oeed
Spongy141
Mads
Orwell
Shnupbups100
MudkipTheEpic

GravityScore vs 1lann
superaxander vs spyman68
Kingdaro vs oeed
Spongy141 vs Mads
Orwell vs Shnupbups100
MudkipTheEpic vs <none>

Server Deets:

3 more slots open!!
Teamspeak 3 server needed!

URL: http://webcache.goog...n&amp;ct=clnk&amp;gl=us

Well, I tried. :P/>
diegodan1893 #121
Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:48 AM
We travelled back on the time…
Jarle212 #122
Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:38 AM
In game name: Jarle212
Coding experience: 1 year lua, 1 and 1/2 year Java.
If so, Skype/Mumble name: Jarle.trollebo
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Do have recording program, but it might make things laggy
Time zone: GMT +10
Posted: 22:49

Can you add me back into the list? :)/>
diegodan1893 #123
Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:51 AM
The time travel removed my submission so here is it:
In game name: diegodan1893
Coding experience: Lua, Java, C++, PHP
If so, Skype/Mumble name: diegodan_1
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Dxtory (better than fraps)
Time Zone(and time you posted this) GMT + 2, posted at 16:50
spyman68 #124
Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:20 PM
Guys, you don't need to do it again, I already have you whitelisted. That's pretty much all that matters.
oeed #125
Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:00 PM
Because no one else is, I'm going to get this started.

The first round will be this weekend, on Saturday.

The matches will be:

GravityScore vs 1lann
superaxander vs spyman68
Kingdaro vs oeed
Spongy141 vs Mads
Orwell vs Shnupbups100

The rounds will start at 8:00am GMT, PM your partner to sort out a suitable time.

If these details aren't suitable, suggest new ones, but we need to get this rolling now.
Kingdaro #126
Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:05 PM
I agree. Kudos for taking initiative :D/>

Also, 8:00 AM GMT is 4:00 AM for me, so a later time would be preferred :lol:/> (for our match, I mean)
MudkipTheEpic #127
Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:14 PM
What about me?
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #128
Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:24 PM
Imagine kornichen vs oeed making the best os in 2 days……Let the os war begin!!!
Kingdaro #129
Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:43 PM
Ahahaha, you can't make an OS in two days.

A graphical shell/desktop environment, sure. But an OS? Good f**king luck.
1lann #130
Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:24 PM
8 am GMT, I'll be there (hopefully with gravs too). Also a few questions: Should I record me doing this. and will this be based off a theme? (I would prefer it if there was a theme or specific goal to it, like a Fibonacci sequence program or a small puzzle game)
Shnupbups #131
Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:57 PM
Here's what I got so far making a ladder (click for bigger):
Kingdaro #132
Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:09 AM
That's pretty neat.
Spongy141 #133
Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:13 AM
Wait how the hell did you get pics of our skins?
Dlcruz129 #134
Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

There are websites that can do that.
MudkipTheEpic #135
Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:26 AM
What about me?

Do I have to reapply?
theoriginalbit #136
Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:31 AM
The rounds will start at 8:00am GMT, PM your partner to sort out a suitable time.
If these details aren't suitable, suggest new ones, but we need to get this rolling now.
So thats 8am Saturday GMT… thats 6pm for me, I will be at a 21st birthday party…

Our skins are publicly stored on Mojangs servers, so all you need to do is look at the particular location the head is and use it, as such heaps of websites do this.
Shnupbups #137
Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:25 AM
Finished Version (Click for bigger):
GravityScore #138
Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:31 AM
8am GMT is great for me (4pm :D/>). I'll be there.

Crap. I'm so gonna fail against 1lann. Anyone got any idea on what sort of challenges we'll be doing? I was thinking something like make a GUI program to transmit a file over Rednet that would be judged on the look of the GUI, the user friendliness, and ease of use, or something that's useful. Not something like write a program to find the first 50 prime numbers or whatever.
Jarle212 #139
Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:46 AM
Hello what about me?
Shnupbups #140
Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:47 AM
Hello what about me?
You have not been accepted yet. Get accepted, get added.
Jarle212 #141
Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:50 AM
I was accepted before the rollback and I am whitelisted

Hello what about me?
You have not been accepted yet. Get accepted, get added.

I was accepted before the rollback on the forum. I am also whitelisted
Shnupbups #142
Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:52 AM
Anyone who was accepted pre-rollback, please post your IGN.

Jarle, is this you?
Jarle212 #143
Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:57 AM
The link goes to my username, but I can not see the image or access: http://mag.racked.eu/
IGN: Jarle212
oeed #144
Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:03 AM
Finished Version (Click for bigger):

Hate to do this but I need to change my skin, it's from a role play thing I did. I'll send my normal one (pm you).
Shnupbups #145
Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:08 AM
The link goes to my username, but I can not see the image or access: http://mag.racked.eu/
Addified.
Hate to do this but I need to change my skin, it's from a role play thing I did. I'll send my normal one (pm you).
Sure thing, it's easy to edit. and don't bother PMing, just change the skin on minecraft.net, and I can re-get it.
oeed #146
Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:18 AM
Addified.
Sure thing, it's easy to edit. and don't bother PMing, just change the skin on minecraft.net, and I can re-get it.

Ok, I've done that. It should look like a green thing with one eye. If it doesn't refresh or just PM me.

I was thinking of making a website for this, for something to do, it will be off my Koding site (still in progress) but on a separate section.

The site will be on:

http://oeed.koding.com/codewars/
Shnupbups #147
Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:27 AM
Changeified.
oeed #148
Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:28 AM
I agree. Kudos for taking initiative :D/>

Also, 8:00 AM GMT is 4:00 AM for me, so a later time would be preferred :lol:/> (for our match, I mean)

That could cause problems. My time zone is is UTC +9:30

I literally can not be on past 9:30 PM because my internet is turned off at that time (*cough* asshole parents *cough*)
Take a look at this site:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20130502&amp;p1=5&amp;p2=179
oeed #149
Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:56 AM
So thats 8am Saturday GMT… thats 6pm for me, I will be at a 21st birthday party…

What ever time across the weekend is best for your really. I am going to figure out a roster soon, so I'll be PMing everyone to find out the best time.

Also, if any of you guys have time check out the site and tell me what to put on the About page, it's pretty sparse at the moment.
theoriginalbit #150
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:21 AM
What ever time across the weekend is best for your really. I am going to figure out a roster soon, so I'll be PMing everyone to find out the best time.
Sunday is probably the best for me. After I recover from Sat night ;)/> Unless Dlcruz can do noon Saturday GMT+10.

Also, if any of you guys have time check out the site and tell me what to put on the About page, it's pretty sparse at the moment.
What site?
Shnupbups #151
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:26 AM
What site?
The site he posted previously, http://oeed.koding.com/codewars/
theoriginalbit #152
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:30 AM
The site he posted previously, http://oeed.koding.com/codewars/
I didn't see that.
spyman68 #153
Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:17 AM
Shnupbups, the two people you were missing are Jarle212 and MudkipTheEpic. My time at 8 AM GMT is 4 AM for me… I can't even get the server up at that time :/ Reschedule a time at about maybe 10 or 11 AM GMT?
Shnupbups #154
Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:32 AM
MudkipTheEpic.
Addified.
oeed #155
Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:02 AM
Shnupbups, the two people you were missing are Jarle212 and MudkipTheEpic. My time at 8 AM GMT is 4 AM for me… I can't even get the server up at that time :/ Reschedule a time at about maybe 10 or 11 AM GMT?

Yea, this is the problem we are going to run in to. If you are going to run the server you are going to have keep it on overnight. 10 or 11am GMT is about 7:30 or 8:30 PM for me, so not too bad. But do be aware that on one or two nights the server might have to stay on, I'll work out the roster soon so I'll try to work around that. But it might not be possible.

Also, are you running Bukkit with GroupManager (or simliar) or is there something that you can do to allow spectators? Maybe you could use adventure mode somehow.
GravityScore #156
Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:12 AM
Also, are you running Bukkit with GroupManager (or simliar) or is there something that you can do to allow spectators? Maybe you could use adventure mode somehow.

spyman installed BukkitForge with GroupManager, Essentials, and something else I think. So yes :P/>
oeed #157
Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

spyman installed BukkitForge with GroupManager, Essentials, and something else I think. So yes :P/>

Ok great. Spyman, can you add a spectator/competitor group?
Dlcruz129 #158
Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:08 AM
Sunday is probably the best for me. After I recover from Sat night ;)/>/>/> Unless Dlcruz can do noon Saturday GMT+10.

I'm in PST - 8 (I think, I'm not too good with time zones) That would be 6:00 Sat night for me, which might work, depending on how long it takes.

Can I get bonus points for making a dynamically updating ladder monitor? :P/>
TheOddByte #159
Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:34 PM
Can I ask exactly what the ones who does this do? And why I didn't get accepted?
spyman68 #160
Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:10 PM
I think you did Hellkid, I think we need you in the picture. But anyways, I can make a spectator mode Oeed, and I can't leave my server on overnight :/ we can try to figure something out before saturday I geuss.
diegodan1893 #161
Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:19 PM
Don't forget me, I also was whitelisted.
IGN: diegodan1893

At 11 AM will be 13 PM for me, so I agree with this time.
Azhf #162
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:10 PM
Thanks guys for taking control for the moment, I have been very tired lately(School testing just started.)
Jarle212 #163
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

At 11 AM will be 13 PM for me, so I agree with this time.

In the week end right?
spyman68 #164
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:24 PM
Everyone who wants to can get on right now, the server IP is spycraft.zapto.org:25566 and will be open for a few hours
Shnupbups #165
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:32 PM
Can I ask exactly what the ones who does this do? And why I didn't get accepted?
I'll add you in a sec. (what's your IGN?)
You too.
oeed #166
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:40 PM
I'll add you in a sec. (what's your IGN?)
You too.

Ok, looks like we're full.

I've pretty much finnished the site. If any of you guys record any vidoes or screenshots etc. send them to me and I'll add them to the Media page. I've also added a server page which will show the stats of the server (if its online/offline, people on etc). Finally, I'm currently working on a dynamic leaderboard that will show when the pair is playing, who won etc.

The site adress is:
http://oeed.koding.com/codewars/

Everyone who wants to can get on right now, the server IP is spycraft.zapto.org:25566 and will be open for a few hours

Doesn't seem to be yet.
Shnupbups #167
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:42 PM
Does anyone here know Hellkid98's IGN?

It's not:
Hellkid98,
HellKid98,
hellkid98,
Hellkid,
HellKid or
hellkid
Orwell #168
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:48 PM
Does anyone here know Hellkid98's IGN?

It's not:
Hellkid98,
HellKid98,
hellkid98,
Hellkid,
HellKid or
hellkid
A quick Google search gave this post: http://www.computerc...dpost__p__39519
It should be 'Hellkid98'.

Edit: It seems he doesn't have a paid account under that ign: https://minecraft.net/haspaid.jsp?user=Hellkid98
Shnupbups #169
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:51 PM
Nope, sorry, but nope.

Remember, this is case-sensitive.
spyman68 #170
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:54 PM
I beleive his is loda10
oeed #171
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:55 PM
Nope, sorry, but nope.

Remember, this is case-sensitive.

I'm pretty sure he has an account, we worked together on a project ages ago and did some in game. I'm just not sure what his login was. Just have to ask him I guess.
oeed #172
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:58 PM
spyman, can you turn the server on, I'm yet to see this stage.
Shnupbups #173
Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:58 PM
I beleive his is loda10
In that case, I have him. Being added now…

EDIT: Done!
spyman68 #174
Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:00 PM
Oeed, it is on

Oh NOW try
oeed #175
Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:17 PM
Ok the stage is looking great. However, we'll need more than one, maybe even 3.

I'll do the roster today, I'll be PMing all of you soon.
spyman68 #176
Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:33 PM
Why the heck would we need 3!?!?!?!

Well, you can come on and copy them with world edit if you want, I'll op you
oeed #177
Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:18 PM
Why the heck would we need 3!?!?!?!

Well, you can come on and copy them with world edit if you want, I'll op you

We need three because we may have up to three matches at once. I'd do it now but I'm at school, I could try at ~3am GMT (lunch time for me).
spyman68 #178
Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:38 PM
I can't run the server that long, I'll be sleeping
oeed #179
Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:53 PM
I can't run the server that long, I'll be sleeping

Ok, doesn't matter I'll do it tomorrow. Is your computer in your room or something? It might cause some issues if the server isn't turned on at a certain time.

You could set in your BIOS to turn your computer on about 20 minutes before the competition starts and add the server batch script to startup. You can then use an app (forgot the name) that turns your computer off at a certain time.
Dlcruz129 #180
Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:29 PM
How long will the matches be?
oeed #181
Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Ww haven't actually decided that yet, maybe an hour?
Spongy141 #182
Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ww haven't actually decided that yet, maybe an hour?
I was thinking maybe like 1-2 hours, but it really depends on the topic, like if were coding a GUI, it will take about 1 hour, or if were making something simple, it might take less..
oeed #183
Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:09 AM
I've requested for everyone's best time etc. Please get this in ASAP. The first matches will be announced soon (~1 - 2 hours)
oeed #184
Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:56 AM
Ok, I've finished the roster. I've tried to balance everything as much as possible, each half of the pool has pretty much equal skill (based on given or estimated sill out of 10). Where possible your match will start 1 hour after the time you said you were available. I've allowed 2 hours for each match, which I feel will be better, but we'll see how the first match goes. If there are any problems with your time please discuss it with your partner as soon as possible, including me in the conversation. As I believe that everyone should have around 24 hours notice at least I've had to asume some details for certain people (pretty much everyone living in Europe). Remember, the main thing the determined who you were versing was your time zone/available time. Some people have rather unlucky matches, I'm really sorry if this is you, but trying to get everyone if a working match hasn't been easy. Maybe next time, if this goes well.

Note: All times are in UTC/GMT on Saturday the 4th of May
So, with out further adue, the matches/events are:

Server turned on at 10:30AM
spyman68 VS Jarle212 (11AM)
oeed VS superaxander (12PM)
Hellkid98 VS Orwell (1PM)
GravityScore VS Diego (2PM)
Kingdaro VS Mads (6:30PM)
1lann VS Shnupbups (10PM)
Dlcruz129 VS Spongy (11PM)
theoriginalbit VS MudkipTheEpic (3AM)
Server shutdown (5AM or when the last match is finished)

Please note, these are time order, they are not in the ladder/pool order. For that please go to the website. The ladder page can be found here (I haven't completed it yet, but the information is correct, try to imagine the rearrange on Shnupbups ladder).

Remember any issues, just say.

We also need to decide on the task in the next 23 hours. I like GravityScore's idea of "a GUI Rednet file sender", but discuss and the general verdict will become the task.

In terms of judging, I believe that all the programs are made anonymously and that we should have voting topic with each program available for download. But again, discuss.
Shnupbups #185
Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:34 AM
You had to put me against 1lann didn't you. I said NOT one of them!!!
1lann #186
Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:49 AM
Lol XD

Do we have a backup server just in case something happens that prevents spyman's server from staying up?

Wait, woah wait a moment. I said 10am not 10 pm :P/> at 10pm I would be fast asleep (All times are in GMT)
Spongy141 #187
Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:47 AM
Crap, I'm against Dlcruz….
Orwell #188
Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:50 AM
I couldn't respond immediately because I wasn't sure how my weekend was going to be. It turns out that I wont be available before 7PM GMT. Is it possible to match me against someone somewhere after that? (I have until 12PM GMT at least)
MudkipTheEpic #189
Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:57 AM
You guys should feel sorry for me, I'm against BIT… :/

And ya, that time works.
Dlcruz129 #190
Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:14 AM
Crap, I'm against Dlcruz….

Mwahaha

@Mudkip I do feel sorry for you. Good luck.
MudkipTheEpic #191
Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:19 AM
How about a RC program that can do advanced things?
superaxander #192
Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:42 AM
Ain't possible for me for me that's 1AM and that is too late. Erm maybe switch with spy an and jarle or on another time. I am GMT/UTC+1
GravityScore #193
Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:44 AM
Ideas for programs to make:
- GUI File Browser
- GUI Rednet File Sender
- Space Invaders
- Dodger (blocks coming at you, you have to dodge them as the player)
- Memory puzzle
- GUI IRC program
- Snake clone
- Pong
- Typing Game (type the words that appear on screen, gets faster as you progress through levels)

More technical ideas:
- Rednet routing API
- Secure connections over Rednet (could include handshakes and such between the client and servers)
- Secure (simple GUI) IRC using encoding and a key (must be custom encoding, not just using something on the forums)
- XML file interpreting and validation (could include basic DTDs and XSDs)
- Database system (could be judged on efficiency)

I could think of more, but can't be bothered any more :P/>
theoriginalbit #194
Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:52 AM
Ideas for programs to make:
- GUI File Browser
- Space Invaders
- Snake clone
- Pong
- Typing Game (type the words that appear on screen, gets faster as you progress through levels)

More technical ideas:
- Secure connections over Rednet (could include handshakes and such between the client and servers)
- Secure (simple GUI) IRC using encoding and a key (must be custom encoding, not just using something on the forums)
I like them… bonus points for a three-way handshake? :P/>
Jarle212 #195
Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:53 PM
Ain't possible for me for me that's 1AM and that is too late. Erm maybe switch with spy an and jarle or on another time. I am GMT/UTC+1

12PM will be 1PM for you :P/>. It is in the morning not in the night :)/>
superaxander #196
Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

12PM will be 1PM for you :P/>/>. It is in the morning not in the night :)/>/>
Ok I am not used to am/pm times

Oh wait it's possible then I think
superaxander #197
Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:56 PM
I'd like the typing game for the first round
spyman68 #198
Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:14 PM
Guys, if anyone has a good computer and is willing to run the server the times I am asleep that would work right?
superaxander #199
Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:19 PM
Guys, if anyone has a good computer and is willing to run the server the times I am asleep that would work right?
relies on when till when I should host…
spyman68 #200
Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:27 PM
1AM GMT sunday till the end. I can send you the server files if you give me your email
superaxander #201
Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:43 PM
1AM GMT sunday till the end. I can send you the server files if you give me your email
Till 6 am maybe 10 am but not too sure about that
Azhf #202
Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:42 PM
Thank god oeed made a website and is keeping track. Anywho, weekend is here! :D/>
spyman68 #203
Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:44 PM
If you can till 10 AM that'll be great.
Shnupbups #204
Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:03 PM
Isn't my battle (against 1lann, oh fu**) starting now?
I'm the only one on the server :(/>
spyman68 #205
Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:04 PM
No… these are scheduled for tomorrow not today
Shnupbups #206
Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:05 PM
No… these are scheduled for tomorrow not today
Oh -_-/>

I was rushing to download 1.5.1 and CC 1.52 and everything for no reason *clap* *clap* *clap*.

I hate timezones.
oeed #207
Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:07 PM
Isn't my battle (against 1lann, oh fu**) starting now?
I'm the only one on the server :(/>

I think you're out by either 12 or 24 hours. It's still Friday in GMT.

I've got a stupid school sports day today that ends 2pm ish my time, it's currently 7:30am. When I get back I'll sort out all the issues, but if you litterally can not attend, tell your competitor
oeed #208
Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:12 PM
Lol XD

Do we have a backup server just in case something happens that prevents spyman's server from staying up?

Wait, woah wait a moment. I said 10am not 10 pm :P/> at 10pm I would be fast asleep (All times are in GMT)

Because you and 1lann are in simliar timezones (he's in Australia, your in Korea) see if you can get a good time for a mach between yourselves.
Shnupbups #209
Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:20 PM
Because you and 1lann are in simliar timezones (he's in Australia, your in Korea)
Woah woah woah… since when have I been in Korea?
You said me then 1lann, then you switched our places XD
Shnupbups #210
Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:03 PM
Updated ladder:

You're free to put this on the ladder page too, btw.

Also, would anyone like a timelapse of me making this?
spyman68 #211
Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:06 PM
Sure, but why, did you record it….
Spongy141 #212
Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:06 PM
Well… I bet I'm going to be one of the first to loose :(/>.
Shnupbups #213
Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:09 PM
Sure, but why, did you record it….
I didn't record it, i just haven't closed paint.NET since I first created the image, and if I undo evrthing, I can 'fast forward redo' making it like a timelapse.

Well… I bet I'm going to be one of the first to loose :(/>.
Well I'm certainly going to lose. 1lann damnit!
Dlcruz129 #214
Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:20 PM
I'm not worrying too much about winning or losing. Hell, we all know BIT Grav or 1lann are gonna win. It's a game, the important thing is that we have fun.

But that doesn't mean I'm unprepared. (No joke, I've re-read the PIL twice today)
1lann #215
Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:58 PM
Lol XD I feel sorry for you snupbups :P/> Is starting 2 hours later at midnight GMT (8/9/10 am in australia) fine with you?
Shnupbups #216
Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:24 PM
Is starting 2 hours later at midnight GMT (8/9/10 am in australia) fine with you?
Absolutely fine. Better than fine actually. I don't want to get up at 8am.
Dlcruz129 #217
Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:38 PM
So which is the official ladder? The picture or the one on oeed's site? By the way, my IGN is dlcruz129, not Dlcruz129, so that's why my skin won't show up on the site.
oeed #218
Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:19 AM
Updated ladder:

The order isn't correct, please use the order shown on the site.
oeed #219
Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:23 AM
So which is the official ladder? The picture or the one on oeed's site? By the way, my IGN is dlcruz129, not Dlcruz129, so that's why my skin won't show up on the site.

The one on the site, I'm currently updating it now. I've fixed the issue with your skin, thanks.

Shnupbups has done a great job on his, it's where I got the idea for the site in the first place. I recommend that if he is still going to update it that Azhf adds it to the main post. Remeber, when in doubt over the ladder refer to the site, it can be updated really easily (it's loaded from a JSON file).
superaxander #220
Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:37 AM
Updated ladder:

yay you've got my hat!
Dlcruz129 #221
Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:50 AM
There's a bit of a bug with the ladder on the site, it draws extra lines all over the place.
Shnupbups #222
Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:58 AM
What do you mean 'order'?
oeed #223
Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:58 AM
There's a bit of a bug with the ladder on the site, it draws extra lines all over the place.

Yea, I'm working on it as we speak so it will be glitching around alot.
oeed #224
Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

You've completely ignored the pools and layout. It needs to be this way so the matches are even. I spent a good deal of time last night working the ladder out, so just follow the order that the site uses.
superaxander #225
Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:02 AM
If you can till 10 AM that'll be great.
I'll atleast try I will notify the others when it's not fully possible but it should be(I don't like my computer being on while I sleep because it makes lots and lots of noise)
superaxander #226
Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:05 AM
Also will the jury also look at the code and not only the program's output
oeed #227
Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:16 AM
Also will the jury also look at the code and not only the program's output

Well, I believe that the jury should be the entire forum. So technically, yes.
oeed #228
Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

I really can't be bothered making this ladder, if you reorder it using the order on the site below then we'll use your one.
Feel free to add 'By Shnupbups100' to the bottom or something too.

1lann, Spongy, diego, GravityScore, tobit, mudkip, hellkid, orwell, superaxander, oeed, shnupbups, dlcruz, kingdaro, mads, jarle, spyman
Spongy141 #229
Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

I really can't be bothered making this ladder, if you reorder it using the order on the site then we'll use your one.
Thats the right order… on the site its in the wrong order… I know I'm now versing 1lann…
oeed #230
Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

I really can't be bothered making this ladder, if you reorder it using the order on the site then we'll use your one.
Thats the right order… on the site its in the wrong order… I know I'm now versing 1lann…

No you don't get it, I've set it out so for example 1lann would play GravityScore if they both one etc.

The order should be like this:
1lann, Spongy, diego, GravityScore, tobit, mudkip, hellkid, orwell, superaxander, oeed, shnupbups, dlcruz, kingdaro, mads, jarle, spyman
oeed #231
Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:03 AM
Ok, I've uploaded Shnupbups ladder to the site, it's not in the correct order but that doesn't matter at this stage.

The server will be starting in 3 1/2 hours if spyman turns it on at the right time, I'll need to do some quick WorldEditing then we will begin! Remember that you can see the current status of the server here.
superaxander #232
Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:07 AM
I can't wait!
superaxander #233
Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:10 AM
Do we use ts3?
superaxander #234
Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:21 AM
Nice counter!

EDIT: it disappeared?
EDIT2: back again
EDIT:3: It's incorrect it says that it will be in 12 and a half hours!
oeed #235
Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:35 AM
Nice counter!

EDIT: it disappeared?
EDIT2: back again

Yea, I'm adding that at the moment.
superaxander #236
Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:37 AM
Every time I reload the page the counter starts again
oeed #237
Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:39 AM
Do we use ts3?

Well if spyman has the TS3 server working then yes.

Also, I may have to start our match a bit earlier, but I'll see how it goes.
diegodan1893 #238
Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:58 AM
I can't wait. I'm going to lose but it would be fun.
GravityScore: oeed said GravityScore VS Diego (2PM). That time is fine for me, can you attend at that hour?

Also, what is the TS3 server ip?
superaxander #239
Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:06 AM
What is the normal server ip?
diegodan1893 #240
Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:18 AM
What is the normal server ip?

spycraft.zapto.org:25566
oeed #241
Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:21 AM
The server IP will be shown on the server page of the site if it's online. But this is it anyway:

spycraft.zapto.org:25566
GravityScore #242
Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:31 AM
GravityScore: oeed said GravityScore VS Diego (2PM). That time is fine for me, can you attend at that hour?

That's 10PM for me, and it's fine! Earlier would be better (like 1PM GMT or 12:30PM GMT), but if you're not available earlier that's fine too.
superaxander #243
Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:35 AM
Are we starting?
oeed #244
Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:40 AM
Are we starting?

We're just waiting for spyman to wake up and turn the server on, its only 4:30 AM for him.

I've decided that all matches are going to have to be 2 hours, I tried to make a decent program as quick as I could only using the computers and it took about 1 1/2 hours, if you finnish before the time is up then you can submit you program.

While we're waiting, can we please decide on the challenge. I'm definitely for Grav's suggestion of a rednet gui file sender, but what are you guys thinking.

The problem with doing a game as Grav also suggested (Space Invaders, Dodge etc) is that there isn't actually that much freedom. The topic should be open.
superaxander #245
Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:50 AM
I agree with that one. It's nice and simple for the first round. Also should it be a secure sender?
oeed #246
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:06 AM
I agree with that one. It's nice and simple for the first round. Also should it be a secure sender?

I think we should leave security for future rounds or future tournaments (if this goes well we'll run another). It's getting fairly complex.
superaxander #247
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:20 AM
So what are we going to do if the server doesn't come online?
oeed #248
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:32 AM
So what are we going to do if the server doesn't come online?

Get incredibly annoyed at Spyman. Don't worry, it will. I am slightly annoyed though with him. After he offered there were many offers, and he just shot them down. We then find out once we decide to go with him that the server can't be on when he's asleep.
superaxander #249
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:43 AM
yeh I take his part for a bit somewhere in the competition. I think after us till 10 pm I was going to do it so maybe I could already start now…
superaxander #250
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:49 AM
I have it set up tell me if ya wanna use it
oeed #251
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:51 AM
I have it set up tell me if ya wanna use it

Just run it to test it. I'll need to add the IP to the website too.
superaxander #252
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:54 AM
play.codewars.tk
oeed #253
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:01 AM
play.codewars.tk

I'm getting 'Can't resolve hostname' errors.
superaxander #254
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:10 AM
wait a few secconds…Done! You can connect now
oeed #255
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:19 AM
wait a few secconds…Done! You can connect now

Nope.
Odd really, the website can see it but I can't. Ill restart Minecraft.

FYI, I've added it to the servers page:

http://oeed.koding.c...wars/server.php

Can you give me the IP (numbers)?
superaxander #256
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:52 AM
My ip is 217.123.143.78 also anyone heard something from spyman?
oeed #257
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:56 AM
EDIT: Ok, so spyman68 is yet to turn the server on. If the server isn't on when your match starts use the backup server (217.123.143.78).

Ok, so our first match is commencing in around 5 minutes, I'd just like to go over the rules and general info.

The task for this round is to "Make a program to send files from one computer to another using Rednet"

Your program will be anonymously added to the voting topic (non-existing at the moment) and everyone on the forums will vote the best program in each match. This is subject to change, but make sure you keep your program anonymous (don't include your username or anything that could identify you), failing to do so may get you disqualified.

You are able to use rednet.broadcast, I have asked spyman to set the modem range to about 3 blocks so there won't be any issues there.

General Rules
  • You have at most two hours to complete your program, you can submit your program before the 2 hours is up.
  • When you have finished your program you must upload it to Pastebin and record the ID, do not post it on the forums, send it strait to me. Failing to do this is essentially like not competing at all.
  • If your program has multiple files either upload each file or combine them somehow. (You could use pastebin get K8Bc0WB3 PkgMake)
  • When you have completed your program break your computer or remove all the files.
  • If you do/can not attend your match, let your competitor know ASAP and try to organise a time, include spyman and superaxander in the conversation to find out when a server can be on.
superaxander #258
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:07 AM
Ok my server is restarting…
superaxander #259
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:09 AM
Server ready and up and running
Jarle212 #260
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:09 AM
Can we use an external editor?
And what server do we use, spyman's or axander's?
oeed #261
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:13 AM
Can we use an external editor?
And what server do we use, spyman's or axander's?

As you are against spyman, I'd guess spymans server but it may be easier to just use superaxanders.
No, you can't use an external editor. Superaxander has installed luaide on the bios though.
Jarle212 #262
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:17 AM
Ok. The only problem is that i have connection problems to axander's server.
oeed #263
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

What do to mean? Dropping out connection?
Just wait for spyman, if hes not on soon you could do it tomorrow.
superaxander #264
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:30 AM
Why can't you? Oeed
1lann #265
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:32 AM
woah woah. Does this round include me?
superaxander #266
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:33 AM
yes look at the scheme posted earlier
Jarle212 #267
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

What do to mean? Dropping out connection?
Just wait for spyman, if hes not on soon you could do it tomorrow.

Yes and a bit of lag when using the Computers

Edit: It works fine now :D/> just waiting for spyman
spyman68 #268
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:53 AM
EVERYONE WANTING TO COME ON GET ON!
Thank you :D/>
superaxander #269
Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:21 AM
so. what will we do mine or spy's server. Mine is up and running but less good looking. His is in the works but better looking
Shnupbups #270
Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:28 AM
Wait, when am I on now? I don't get this! What's happening!?
superaxander #271
Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:31 AM
Spyman didn't wake up enough I tried to take his place but when I was ready he came on but we had problems on his server and now can start with the first one…

If his server comes online
1lann #272
Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:38 AM
How does this work?! I thought my round was in more than 12 hours!
spyman68 #273
Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:42 AM
Guys, no one said this was a rednet war and that's all everyone wants to do so I'm not competeing
spyman68 #274
Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:00 AM
Ugh, no one else can compete without me competing so I will
Imque #275
Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:05 AM
This turned out great. I will rehost a similar idea with an objective soon. LuaPay was archived but will come back out. I have put my dedication to my server. I am currently inheriting another server. I plan a release after 9-11th of May. What do you guys think an objective would be? Break the script?
Jarle212 #276
Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:45 AM
Does anyone have any ideas about what we can make, not recuiring rednet
Dlcruz129 #277
Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:59 AM
Happy Saturday! Good luck to everyone!!! I encourage everyone who can record to please do so. Should I setup a CodeWars YouTube channel?
Dlcruz129 #278
Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:01 AM
Does anyone have any ideas about what we can make, not recuiring rednet

I think the finals should be a multiplayer game using two computers, a host, and a packet system. Of course the time limit would be three hours+.
GravityScore #279
Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:57 AM
I think the finals should be a multiplayer game using two computers, a host, and a packet system. Of course the time limit would be three hours+.

A packet system seems a bit unnecessary… I mean if you were dealing with something like your own UDP/TCP client-server or peer-to-peer system for a multiplayer game in C/C++/Java a packet system would certainly be necessary, but for something lightweight and easy to use like Rednet, maybe not so.

Plus, what's going to be so large you're going to need to split it up? A positional update for a player would be no more than 6 letters.
Azhf #280
Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:33 AM
Hey! Good Morning, I just woke up, and Dlcruz, great YT Channel idea! Please do so! I will send my footage, and hopefully veryone else will, to you later on:D
Azhf #281
Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:35 AM
I have to downgrade to Minecraft 1.5.1, install CC 1.52, and I should be on the server(If it's not doing COde Wars currently, please tell.)
theoriginalbit #282
Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:36 AM
Wait so when is Mudkip and I versing? In GMT…
Azhf #283
Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:40 AM
Can't wait for MC Realms.

Might get one :L
diegodan1893 #284
Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:41 AM
I think the round was delayed, because of some problems we had with the server.
Azhf #285
Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:43 AM
I might just make a COde Wars Wikia.
Dlcruz129 #286
Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:48 AM
I might just make a COde Wars Wikia.

That seems a bit too much. When are the round times? I was scheduled against TOBIT at 11pm, but then I was put with Shnupbups. Are we still doing 11?
Dlcruz129 #287
Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:57 AM
The YouTube channel is up at http://www.youtube.com/user/CCCodeWars
Azhf #288
Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:06 PM
Eh, never made a wikia, and am bored so… :P/> Anyways, now released to the public here: http://codewar.wikia.com/wiki/Code_War_Wiki please help make pages :P/>
Dlcruz129 #289
Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:09 PM
Eh, never made a wikia, and am bored so… :P/> Anyways, now released to the public here: http://codewar.wikia...i/Code_War_Wiki please help make pages :P/>

Could you add a link to the YouTube channel, please?
Dlcruz129 #290
Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:11 PM
IMPORTANT: Everyone please send their videos to me via PM, so I may upload them to YouTube. If anyone could make a neat intro clip or something, please send it to me.
spyman68 #291
Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:16 PM
Dlcruz, we arn't doing any battles today, or atleast not the ones during the day
Azhf #292
Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:22 PM
The server wouldn't let me on, syaing I was missing4 item IDs. :L
Dlcruz129 #293
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:18 PM
Has anyone recorded a match yet? We'd really like to get some videos online!
Shnupbups #294
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:51 PM
Shouldn't the server be on now? I'm against 1lann aren't I? Or is it dlcruz now? When is it in AEST? Which server? What's our challenge?

Again, so confused.
Dlcruz129 #295
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:56 PM
Shouldn't the server be on now? I'm against 1lann aren't I? Or is it dlcruz now? When is it in AEST? Which server? What's our challenge?

Again, so confused.

Me too. We should postpone this to next weekend, as there is a lot of confusion. (Has anyone actually played yet?)
Spongy141 #296
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:13 PM
@ Both of you…
Spy closed the server…. there is no matches today, there probably next weekend.
Dlcruz129 #297
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:25 PM
@ Both of you…
Spy closed the server…. there is no matches today, there probably next weekend.

Ok. That's actually good, we're getting new cabinets and we had to take out our router, so I wouldn't be able to play.
Spongy141 #298
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:44 PM
Ok… and I just learned something new…. ♫ ■
nitrogenfingers #299
Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:12 PM
Is it too late to join this?
Dlcruz129 #300
Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:34 PM
Is it too late to join this?

Yeah. (Thank god, I don't wanna go against you) :P/> We definitely plan on doing this again, though.
Spongy141 #301
Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:41 AM
Actually no it isn't, spyman dropped out (He said that on the server), so theres one spot open.!
Dlcruz129 #302
Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:49 AM
Actually no it isn't, spyman dropped out (He said that on the server), so theres one spot open.!

We might as well just declare Nitro the winner now. :P/>
superaxander #303
Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:45 AM
Well if we could get nitro against TOBIT it would be exciting
theoriginalbit #304
Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:49 AM
Well if we could get nitro against TOBIT it would be exciting
No, it really wouldn't be fun :P/>
Although picking a time for a match would be a lot easier, no need to convert between GMTs since we are in the same one…
oeed #305
Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:56 AM
Sorry I haven't been active at all today, I've just had a 6 hour mountain bike race, and it started at 8am so I couldn't really stay up late either.

I've been thinking about this, and I've come to a decision about the future events. I really wasn't at all impressed with spyman's handling of the server, I understand that it may not have been possible for him to run it at night and that he couldn't really do anything about it, but he didn't let us know about this. We didn't have a single match completed. The concept of having a 'match' with someone doesn't really fit with the task of the competition. The short time limit and not having access to external editors didn't help either. And let's not even go in to the timezone issues. In short, the whole thing was flawed to start with, I could see it comming when people were uncertain when their match was and spyman not having his server on.

However, before you get your hopes down, I have a solution. I will create a new topic (in General this time) soon. But in short, the competition will run like this:
  • You have one week to complete your program
  • You can use any self made (it has to be 100% your code) API's
  • All the coding is done on your computer, no servers or anything
  • Due to the nature of the above you are obviously allowed to used external editors, emulators etc.
  • You can not submit a pre-made program
  • The programs will be anonymously displayed and the public and a select group of judges will determine the rank of each program, the top 50% go through to the next round
  • Any number of players can join at any time, no registration needed, just submit
Anyway, keep an eye out on the general section in about an hour, the week long period will end at 11:59PM GMT next Sunday and the challenge will start when I post the topic.
superaxander #306
Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:59 AM
Ok good!

Can you use APIS you made before or do you have to make them inside the week
theoriginalbit #307
Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:10 AM
I really wasn't at all impressed with spyman's handling of the server, I understand that it may not have been possible for him to run it at night and that he couldn't really do anything about it, but he didn't let us know about this. We didn't have a single match completed.
Should have gone with TheModderGuy……
oeed #308
Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:12 AM
Ok good!

Can you use APIS you made before or do you have to make them inside the week

As long as it's your API, then you can.
oeed #309
Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:14 AM
I really wasn't at all impressed with spyman's handling of the server, I understand that it may not have been possible for him to run it at night and that he couldn't really do anything about it, but he didn't let us know about this. We didn't have a single match completed.
Should have gone with TheModderGuy……

Yea, I'm impressed with superaxander though. He had the foresight to start a backup server in the case that spyman's wasn't online.
GravityScore #310
Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:17 AM
Sounds much better this way!

One question: can we work in groups? Eg. could I work with 1lann? :P/>

EDIT: derp that's probably a stupid question considering you said all the code had to be our own work.
oeed #311
Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:21 AM
Sounds much better this way!

One question: can we work in groups? Eg. could I work with 1lann? :P/>

EDIT: derp that's probably a stupid question considering you said all the code had to be our own work.

Yea, I was considering that, with you and 1lann in mind. However, I'm going to have to say no, it's a competition to find the 'best coder' or what have you.
I'm writing the new post now, should be up in 20 or so minutes.
superaxander #312
Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:24 AM
Maybe we could all sometimes continue coding on a server so people can look how far you are.
oeed #313
Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:29 AM
Maybe we could all sometimes continue coding on a server so people can look how far you are.

Yea, I know where you are coming from. Maybe people could present their program or something when it's done.
superaxander #314
Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:31 AM
Yes but I can't record unless somebody knows a recording program for Linux(not Kazan cause it can freeze your computer if it's too slow)
Mads #315
Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:57 AM
Sorry I haven't been active at all today, I've just had a 6 hour mountain bike race, and it started at 8am so I couldn't really stay up late either.

I've been thinking about this, and I've come to a decision about the future events. I really wasn't at all impressed with spyman's handling of the server, I understand that it may not have been possible for him to run it at night and that he couldn't really do anything about it, but he didn't let us know about this. We didn't have a single match completed. The concept of having a 'match' with someone doesn't really fit with the task of the competition. The short time limit and not having access to external editors didn't help either. And let's not even go in to the timezone issues. In short, the whole thing was flawed to start with, I could see it comming when people were uncertain when their match was and spyman not having his server on.

However, before you get your hopes down, I have a solution. I will create a new topic (in General this time) soon. But in short, the competition will run like this:
  • You have one week to complete your program
  • You can use any self made (it has to be 100% your code) API's
  • All the coding is done on your computer, no servers or anything
  • Due to the nature of the above you are obviously allowed to used external editors, emulators etc.
  • You can not submit a pre-made program
  • The programs will be anonymously displayed and the public and a select group of judges will determine the rank of each program, the top 50% go through to the next round
  • Any number of players can join at any time, no registration needed, just submit
Anyway, keep an eye out on the general section in about an hour, the week long period will end at 11:59PM GMT next Sunday and the challenge will start when I post the topic.

Yay for mountain biking! I was actually just about to go shred some trails :D/>
oeed #316
Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:59 AM
Ok, the new topic is up:

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/12586-codewars-reloaded-round-1/
superaxander #317
Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:21 AM
Yay
Cranium #318
Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:52 AM
Locked, since new topic is up in the General section
Lyqyd #319
Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:57 AM
Unlocked by request.
Tjakka5 #320
Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:02 AM
In game name: TJ_Dude
Skype name: justinvanderleij or tjakka5
Pov capture: Fraps on 60 fps
Experiece with Lua: Quite good, I would say Im a pretty decent programmer.

If I forgot anything, Im sorry, its already hard enough to type this on my phone.

EDIT: Oops, just read all that^
How does work now?
Same way as in OP or as told in the other topic?
prana890 #321
Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:20 PM
One left?

In game name: Banny, Yes I am cracked, Notch tell us to crack
Coding experience: 2 years, I've been to much experimenting
Do you have Skype or Mumble: Skype : Skype!
If so, Skype/Mumble name: This is private, I will tell you later
If you know any servers to host, put the IP here: I might have server, But idk to portforward
Anything to record with so I can add your PoV on my channel(or a part of it): Nope
Time Zone(and time you posted this): Timezone? IDK but probably I was on GMT -7, Time? My iPad clock has gone wrong, maybe 05:26
Thank you!
billysback #322
Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:35 PM
Umm, I was bored so made you a tournament tree thingy;
Blank Tree:
Spoiler
Tree with names:
Spoiler
it's rather messy as it is 4:30 am and I couldn't be bothered to be a perfectionist…
but yeah, you said you needed one so if you want it, have it :P/>

If you see it as unfair to have a bypass you could have then centre bracket (theoriginalbit, dlcrus129, kingdaro, oeed) play against both the left and right bracket, so the loser of the quaterfinals of the centre bracket plays against the winner of the right bracket quaterfinals and the winner goes agains the winner of the left bracket quaterfinals, this effectively makes the quaterfinals in the centre brackets a pointless match as either way you stay in the game.

If you wanted to make it really complicated you could have a losers bracket, the winner of which plays against the right bracket's quaterfinalist. That would most likely be both the most fair option and the most complicated.