This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L)'s profile picture

How to recover a file from a old commit

Started by FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L), 21 April 2013 - 10:09 AM
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #1
Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:09 PM
I commited in one project and i deleted everything and replaced with another thing but, i do that in a wrong file and now i need that file back, how do it do that?
i
Kingdaro #2
Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:13 PM
Assuming you're referring to git, you could go to your project on github, click the link that shows your number of commits, then go to that specific commit with the file you want and browse the files of that commit, go to the file, and download it from there.

The other option is reverting to that commit, but this isn't a good option if you're only looking to restore one file.
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #3
Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:14 PM
Assuming you're referring to git, you could go to your project on github, click the link that shows your number of commits, then go to that specific commit with the file you want and browse the files of that commit, go to the file, and download it from there.

The other option is reverting to that commit, but this isn't a good option if you're only looking to restore one file.
Is the only file i modified and its the last commit i made so i can restore to that commit(if i know how)
Kingdaro #4
Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:23 PM
If that's the case, there's a command for that.

If you're using the GUI, you can revert by going to Branch > Reset… on the menu.
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #5
Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:38 PM
any way to do it from the webpage cause im not in my computer
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #6
Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:44 PM
It doesnt matter tomorrow i will pass it back with my local copy of the repo