This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
theoriginalbit's profile picture

"New Member" group permissions?

Started by theoriginalbit, 21 April 2013 - 08:27 PM
theoriginalbit #1
Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:27 PM
So over the past few weeks I have been noticing that it seems 'New Members' can create threads in 'General' without having to have the 3 approved posts…
So my question is, why can't they have the 'Ask a Pro' section opened up to them and all other sections closed off and requiring the 3 approved posts?
Or is 'General' being open to all an unchangeable setting in IP.Board software?
AfterLifeLochie #2
Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:36 PM
So over the past few weeks I have been noticing that it seems 'New Members' can create threads in 'General' without having to have the 3 approved posts…
So my question is, why can't they have the 'Ask a Pro' section opened up to them and all other sections closed off and requiring the 3 approved posts?
Or is 'General' being open to all an unchangeable setting in IP.Board software?
I have no idea how this got broken. Permissions are fixed now.
theoriginalbit #3
Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:43 PM
Ahh so it was a mistake/broken. ok makes sense.
AfterLifeLochie #4
Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:44 PM
As far as I can tell, it was broken somehow. The "Create Topic" check was on all boards, so I can only assume something went wrong somewhere. Let me know if this happens again and I'll fix it.
theoriginalbit #5
Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:50 PM
Ok will do :)/>
VIPPER #6
Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:31 PM
Why do new guests, and by that I mean I, not have the ability to reply to threads in the OS'es section? I have feeback for PearOS that I wish to post.
metrotyranno #7
Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:49 PM
Why do we have to get 3 aproved posts to make a new toppic when i only joined the forums to have a bug reported?
Dlcruz129 #8
Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:14 PM
Why do we have to get 3 aproved posts to make a new toppic when i only joined the forums to have a bug reported?

We had a massive spam problem a while ago. Also, three posts is easy, and you've already posted 4.
SkyyZZ #9
Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:59 AM
New members really need to be able to post in Ask A Pro since new members are normally new to CC and need help… like me…
theoriginalbit #10
Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:11 AM
New members really need to be able to post in Ask A Pro since new members are normally new to CC and need help… like me…
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/9919-new-members-needing-to-ask-questions-please-read/

No more needs to be said…