This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
JJRcop's profile picture

Looking for a cc-only server.

Started by JJRcop, 21 April 2013 - 08:57 PM
JJRcop #1
Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:57 PM
I am looking for a server that only includes forge and computercraft.

I checked the Servers category and all the ones I found were either using a lower version, or they were pages away from the front which means the server could be closed or even the IP given to someone else.

All of the other servers are pretty much using Redpower, and even other mods, which I think takes away from CC since people start using Redpower machines a lot more than CC. And it's pretty hard to have a CC-oriented server if redpower is involved from my experience in the past with playing on CC+RP servers.

I just want a server that is vanilla and CC, nothing else really except possibly peripherals I need to download which I am fine with. So that way the entire server is totally focused on CC since there is nothing else they can use. I'm sick of redpower on these servers. If I wanted a bunch of other mods I'd play FTB. (Which I do, but when I play that nobody uses computercraft. Maybe one other person.)

EDIT: If the server has redpower or other mods, but the community heavily uses computercraft compared to the other machines, that works too.
oedze #2
Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:13 AM
i was also searching for something like that, i have some money left over and i want to make a server,
i was thinking of making it a computercraft server

but somebody needs to help me with setting it up thenl.
and it wont be a 100 slots server,
maby 15
JJRcop #3
Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:51 AM
I would've rented my own if I wasn't saving up money for a new computer. But yeah that would be cool.
jasonsaffle13 #4
Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:01 AM
I run a dedicated server that I have sliced into a number of game servers. As luck would have it I have a couple unused at this time. I would be more then happy to host a cc only or cc based server or better yet one of each!
So if this sounds good kick it around a little. Let me know which versions to use as far as forge minecraft would be 1.5.1 for now. If it's popular enough I would even host a third 1.5.2. I have two unsed copies of multicraft with unlimited player counts and of course as many of the MyMcAdmin 8 player packs that would be needed.

I would also hope that if I am willing to setup/host these someone will step forward to run it without going on a power trip or free spawning every item in the game.

And as long as we are kicking around some ideas what about adding CC to a modpack like BIGDIG or something? I use it on my private server which has the full voltz pack, Industrialcraft, Buildcraft, power convetors, and a few other mods in it.