This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ComputerCraftFan11's profile picture

[Question] ComputerCraft Lua Emulator for iPads and iPods

Started by ComputerCraftFan11, 12 April 2012 - 01:01 AM
ComputerCraftFan11 #1
Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:01 AM
Can I make a emulator for coding lua and testing it just like in computercraft or do I have to get dans permission first?
djblocksaway #2
Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:59 AM
dan doesnt own lua :P/>/> (Does he?)

if you could make this i would get it on my ipad 2 :D/>/>
virtualayu #3
Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:53 AM
and on my ipone ^^ there is not much app for programming lua… and they didn't work ^^
djblocksaway #4
Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:37 AM
and on my ipone ^^ there is not much app for programming lua… and they didn't work ^^
there is some that work but they are really crappy and crash alot and they cost like $6 :P/>/>
arbot #5
Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:19 AM
Oh, my.. Actually, I was just looking for something like this. I would /love/ to be able to CC on the go :3

I wouldn't mind paying for an app like this.
jfmherokiller #6
Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:46 AM
How about one for android too. I alrealy have the lua interpreter but i dont have it customized for computercraft.
TheDeathOfRandom #7
Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:00 AM
iLuaBox is the best app for programming lua on the iOS
ComputerCraftFan11 #8
Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:06 PM
dan doesnt own lua :)/>/> (Does he?)

if you could make this i would get it on my ipad 2 :D/>/>

What if I add CraftOS?
TheOutcast5 #9
Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:45 AM
you could make it a computercraft emulater
PixelToast #10
Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:38 PM
you could make it a computercraft emulater
*facepalm*
this is about how to run lua as an app
i would use the android platform first if you plan on having all the apis and not having to recode everything because it can run java smoothly
Mitzey234 #11
Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:22 AM
well this might be off topic but what about a CC for mac and pc? cause i would love it if i did not have to do it on minecraft… and lag my computer like crazy. like maybe make a java window of some sorts?
Noodle #12
Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:07 AM
hmm.. Adding CraftOS would require Dan's permission though.
I don't really want a CraftOS emulator.
You should make a lua interpreter with addons like CraftOS.
Just don't sell it for 99cents, some of us don't have money and I can't really imagine many people buying it (If it were just CraftOS).
Overall you would pretty much get only a few people buying it because most don't have money for it and nearly most of the CC community is at the forums (if sold for 99cents).

EDIT: Ideally you should make it a background CC-looking and have it enterpret your code Lua only, then also make a plugin/addon for CraftOS.
Hackingroelz #13
Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:23 AM
there is some that work but they are really crappy and crash alot and they cost like $6 :P/>/>

Have you tried the app codea? I've bought it and it works pretty well. Maybe somebody could even program a
craftOS emulator in codea?
ComputerCraftFan11 #14
Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

Have you tried the app codea? I've bought it and it works pretty well. Maybe somebody could even program a
craftOS emulator in codea?

craftOS emulator is easy.

Forgot, does codea have corutine.yeild() with characters?
Mads #15
Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:08 PM
This would not be too hard on Android, as we can write android apps with C++, and we can easily embed Lua in C++.
cant_delete_account #16
Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:24 PM
This would not be too hard on Android, as we can write android apps with C++, and we can easily embed Lua in C++.
Also, Android has Java support, so you could use LuaJ.
Noodle #17
Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:02 PM
Java + Android
DON'T MIX.

Takes hella long time to run an app in java on an Andriod.
Mads #18
Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:36 PM
Java + Android
DON'T MIX.

Takes hella long time to run an app in java on an Andriod.

Wth? Google advices you to do that. It was originally intended that Android apps should be written in Java. More than 90% of all apps on the Google Play Store are written in Java, so don't tell us that it does not run fast, and is not a good mix.

Please, do some research before babbling about something that a simple google search could answer.
Also, it says in your own signature: "LTS. Learn to google", so I see no reason why you could not have done that yourself.
Noodle #19
Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:48 AM
Lmao @mad
I had an android… It loaded so slow that I threw it against the wall and It died (broke). I then went out and got an iPhone. Java and Android was intended but It doesn't load (nearly) as fast as native programs do. I'm just saying that it really isn't the best in quality, not that people that have an android are messed or something.
Android
Pros: Graphics, big
Cons: Slow, Big, easy to break, battery, apps crash, much more.

iPhone
Pros: Sized, Fast, Graphics, not-so-breakable, parses fast (java + native)
Cons: Some records of battery misbehaviors, Some apps crash
Xtansia #20
Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:16 AM
Lmao @mad
I had an android… It loaded so slow that I threw it against the wall and It died (broke). I then went out and got an iPhone. Java and Android was intended but It doesn't load (nearly) as fast as native programs do. I'm just saying that it really isn't the best in quality, not that people that have an android are messed or something.
Android

iPhone

iOS is proprietary to Apple products, While Android is a open platform where any company with any model of phone can use so you cannot compare a phone running android to the iPhone unless the two phones have the same or equivalent hardware specs.
Cloudy #21
Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:21 AM
What the Hell? iPhone doesn't even run Java! It's obvious you have no idea what you're even talking about.
Mads #22
Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:00 PM
@Noodle, it is not my fault that you probably treat your phone bad. You probably threw it into the wall many times, and this might affect some of the connections in the hardware. You are probably just some Apple fanboy.
ComputerCraftFan11 #23
Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:56 AM
Lmao @mad
Android

iPhone

Don't forgot, the iPad is like the iphone but like this:
Pros: Sized, Fast, Graphics, not-so-breakable, parses fast (java + native), Big
Noodle #24
Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:02 AM
Is big iPad.
They're making the mini-iPad…..
ComputerCraftFan11 #25
Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:03 AM
Is big iPad.
They're making the mini-iPad…..

Don't you mean a iPod? ;P
bbqroast #26
Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:43 PM
there is some that work but they are really crappy and crash alot and they cost like $6 :)/>/>
Oh gawd, $6! Soon they might cost a hundredth of the phone they run on!
Emulating CC shouldn't be to hard, you just need to copy over the OS with some minor edits here and there.
Sxw #27
Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:58 AM
Thanks for pointing me to Codea.
Begin rant.
1 Computer? What about testing that giant network youve got there? After all, it would be a shame if something happened to it. *facepalm*
End rant.
Edit: Just realised the post date. *gravedug* Sry!
PixelToast #28
Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:09 AM
Lmao @mad
Android

iPhone

iOS is proprietary to Apple products, While Android is a open platform where any company with any model of phone can use so you cannot compare a phone running android to the iPhone unless the two phones have the same or equivalent hardware specs.
i see to many people going out and saying android phones and pcs are crappy even when they were to ignorant to look at the specs and ratings before buying the thing

android phone ~= all of them
Dave-ee Jones #29
Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:12 AM
I would definitely get a ComputerCraft emulator for the iOS, it would be great. I could program on my iPad! Good idea.
Cruor #30
Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:59 AM
Sometimes I wonder how people manage to even find these old threads.
Locked, let the dead rest in peace.