This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Shinjiteru's profile picture

[Collab] Shinjiteru MalScan AV - A more "professionally" done AV that works!

Started by Shinjiteru, 04 May 2013 - 02:08 PM
Shinjiteru #1
Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:08 PM
After we read the topic on Grapes Antivirus and seeing common problems on CC servers, we realized that malware is a common hinderence in the world of ComputerCraft. So in response the SCCMCC (Shinjiteru ComputerCraft Malware Control Centre) has developed an Antivirus which is just in it's beginning stages.

This is a more "professional" antivirus with over 100 Virus Definitons and is still growing, with even Boot Scanning, (to be) virus chest, quick scanning, and you can even update it without typing in any commands! It has COLOR and non-color compatibility and is over 20KB right now! 5KB of Virus Definitions!

Credits:
* Shinji Nakamura - Head Developer
* Jason Lowez - GUI Developer

(This is a collaborative project! YAY)

Shinji and Jason presenting…
Shinjiteru MalScan (AV)

Version x.x - pastebin get VEm4E87f DriveBy

Quit letting viruses make you their toy, bust in with our antivirus and kick some virus ass!

Screenies:
Main Menu - http://i.imgur.com/2dLYjMC.png

For additional details on this program, check out the comments in the beginning of the program!

Notice: This program is hosted on snipt.com to prevent Pastebin IP blocking, this is where the program is actually hosted: https://snipt.net/Shinjinet/

Thank you for reading this post, keep your computers safe! :)/> Leave feedback, if you know something is a virus and it's not being flagged, contact us at shinjinet@outlook.com .

To test the antivirus, make a new file on your computer, place "eicar" inside the file, and run a scan. :D/>
H4X0RZ #2
Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:24 PM
Simple, shiny looking GUI. I like it :)/>
lieudusty #3
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:12 PM
Looks great!
Shinjiteru #4
Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:20 PM
Thank you :D/>
1lann #5
Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:26 PM
I noticed you didn't you have the Ebola virus. Here are the snippits of code detection I used:
  • virusscript = j.readAll()
  • .writeLine(virusscript)
  • fs.makeDir("infected")
  • fs.move("ebola", "infected/ebola")
  • k.writeLine("shell.run(\"infected/ebola\")")

Your Antivirus has a great comprehensive list/database and looks great!
Shinjiteru #6
Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:03 PM
Thank you! :D/> Ebola has been added to the antivirus definitions, also, just fixed the compatibility issue with Non-advanced computers, any computer can now run the antivirus.
superaxander #7
Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:02 AM
This better than I have ever seen!
nutcase84 #8
Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:48 PM
Nicely done, but you should make your screenies part of the post.
CarbonCrazy #9
Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:54 AM
It works very well on Advanced Computers, But when i try and do a scan on a normal ComputerCraft computer it says this:

Mitchfizz05 #10
Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:05 AM
This looks completely amazing! =O

Great job!
theoriginalbit #11
Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:59 AM
I will admit, this is one of the better antivirus software's that I've seen. You've got a nice and extensive definitions base there. But it still has the downside of any CCLua implemented antivirus, it's bypass-able. Just at a quick glance I can think of a few methods of tricking your definitions into thinking that the code is safe.

Gotta give you props though! You've done some nice work, and I do like how you don't do what all the others out there do and assume that `fs.delete` will only be used for malicious intent :)/>
turtle5204 #12
Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:31 AM
Maybe I can make a rivaling antivirus… I've created a startup antivirus that can actually remove startup virus's BACKUPS.
turtle5204 #13
Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:23 PM
My BIG list of ideas:

- When a file is edited or added, it checks it. If it spots a virus, it will make a screen come up saying: "VIRUS ALERT! (put virus name here) was detected! [Remove] [Keep]". Keep means dont touch it, and the remove buttom remove's the virus code.

- Options menu. "Enable Firewolf Trafficlight" scans the firewolf sites, and it will do the same virus alert thing. Also is a P.U.S(Potentialy Unsafe Script) is present, it will tell you and ask you if you want to load it or not.

- Less exploits. Make it so when you try to delete the antivirus, it wont let you. This will stop viruses which try to delete antiviruses.

(P.S - Email me at gameexpertnetwork@gmail.com if you want to put my viruses in the virus database)
theoriginalbit #14
Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:39 AM
- Options menu. "Enable Firewolf Trafficlight" scans the firewolf sites, and it will do the same virus alert thing.
Firewolf has a built in antivirus iirc.
GravityScore #15
Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:48 AM
- Options menu. "Enable Firewolf Trafficlight" scans the firewolf sites, and it will do the same virus alert thing.

That is true :)/>
turtle5204 #16
Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

That is true :)/>
Well Step 1 and 3 will make it 2 steps closer to being a REAL COMPUTERCRAFT antivirus

Also please fix this error:

When I scan on an advanced computer, the screen turns purple and says "Invalid Pattern Capture"

The other ideas SHOULD be implemented.