This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Apfeldstrudel's profile picture

Please delete?

Started by Apfeldstrudel, 17 May 2013 - 12:18 PM
Apfeldstrudel #1
Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:18 PM
There used to be a script here
Now it's broken as hell
I've thought about it for more than a year and couldn't figure out what it was
People lost their turtles alot

Delete this thread?
Edited on 19 January 2015 - 06:45 PM
valithor #2
Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:36 AM
The script mines amazingly and keeps its position accurately only problem i have had with it was i entered in the information into cords in the following order

0 (this is not in your format but i put it there since i was getting a error i guessed it was the direction it was facing)

it was working well until i noticed that it didn't stop after 4 blocks or 4 sets of the script running i stopped it after i realized it went about 29 blocks down i do not know if it is suppose to do that or that is a error

the first time i tried to script out i put in

on this one it would spin around 2 or 3 times and then go up a block turn around 180% and then the script would stop

while i was reading through the script i noticed

• [indent=1]if turtle.getFuelLevel() < 200 then[/indent]
  • [indent=1] print("Thank you!")[/indent]
  • [indent=1] end[/indent]
[indent=1]that was on line 46 - 48 this might not be a error but you might want to change it to > 200 or add a else saying not enough fuel was added currently it prints Thank you! whether or not it is greater then 200 and then it stops[/indent]
mymusicmanager #3
Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:52 AM
This turtle program looks very good, and I can't wait to test it :)/>
Apfeldstrudel #4
Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:45 AM
Fixed it (the refuel thingy)- still got other problems.. *sadface*

Edit: most things are since long fixed
Apfeldstrudel #5
Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:50 PM
Umh.. seems to be working now, basically the program was on startup and it thought that it should mine again when its done- fixed by deleting startup on end of file
mrbysco #6
Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:30 PM
can you make it so if you terminate it it deletes the info of how far and how deep you want to mine? it now keeps it to the end i think
Apfeldstrudel #7
Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:15 AM
can you make it so if you terminate it it deletes the info of how far and how deep you want to mine? it now keeps it to the end i think
Sure, just finishing of a refuel chest first!

Edit: It's harder than i thought…
mrbysco #8
Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:36 PM
Btw mine runned long and then said Turtle:18: Too long without yielding. and i have to type the dig command again to let it go again…

And after restarting this error:

dig:26: bad argument #1: value expected
Apfeldstrudel #9
Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:00 PM
Btw mine runned long and then said Turtle:18: Too long without yielding. and i have to type the dig command again to let it go again…

And after restarting this error:

dig:26: bad argument #1: value expected

Fixed now, thanks for the feedback
mrbysco #10
Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:08 PM
Nice programm
Apfeldstrudel #11
Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:52 PM
Thanks !
makeme #12
Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:47 PM
found one thing it seems to turn around a very large amount of times apart from that its brilliant
Apfeldstrudel #13
Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:41 PM
found one thing it seems to turn around a very large amount of times apart from that its brilliant
Thank you, il try minimizing all that turning
makeme #14
Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:04 PM
Thank you, il try minimizing all that turning

also is there any way to clear the turtles saved data as i keep moving the turtle?
Apfeldstrudel #15
Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:34 PM
is there any way to clear the turtles saved data as i keep moving the turtle?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean?
makeme #16
Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

my turtle ran out of fuel and now when i place him down and use dig it just says out of fuel is there anyway to reset the program?
Apfeldstrudel #17
Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

my turtle ran out of fuel and now when i place him down and use dig it just says out of fuel is there anyway to reset the program?

If this is what you meant- reset the program entirely? Make it mine again
Terminate the program using ctrl + t for a couple of seconds, then type "Delete startup" and "delete coords"
To restart the program run dig by typing dig in the window-
makeme #18
Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:44 PM
ok thanks
Apfeldstrudel #19
Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:45 PM
ok thanks
:D/>
Phlex #20
Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:43 AM
I get "turtle:18: Slot number 0 out of range.". This program used to work for me like 10 days ago, but i had to redownload it today becouse i lost a turtle that had it. And all of a sudden it doesnt work anymore.
Btw i get the error when turtle is dropping items into a chest. Help please….
koeer11 #21
Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:42 PM
no such program :/
Bryscuits #22
Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Is there something wrong with the link or is it my install?
Ranger1230 #23
Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:33 AM
Hey, I debugged the code and found that there are two issues. The fist is in the combine function there is, at line 267:
sel = sel % junkItems
This needs to be wrapped in an if condition because if junkItems is 0 sel is set to nil since you cannot divide by 0 (without destroying the world).
The other issue is the setDepth at line 9. This needs to be -5 instead of -4 since bedrock starts at 4 and 5 is the last fully minable layer.

For those of you who don't want to modify the code to get it to work I have a pastebin setup until Xyexs fixes his. To use the copy I have with the two bug fixes I listed enter into the turtle:
pastebin get iRaQnV4F dig

Other then that this program works great. Xyexs you are a great programmer. keep it up :)/>
AlphaXero232 #24
Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:39 PM
dig:119: attempt to compare number with string expected, got number

any ideas?
Ranger1230 #25
Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:16 PM
That's odd, That line is just checking the fuel level. Don't see any logic wrong with it.
theoriginalbit #26
Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:33 PM
The problem is that they would have unlimited fuel turned on, when it is on, the turtle.getFuelLevel function returns "unlimited", which cannot be compared to a number.
AlphaXero232 #27
Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:09 AM
So if I delete the section, it will work?

I'm going to go try!
theoriginalbit #28
Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:14 AM
Not quite. As doing so would also stop it from refuelling.
Forged #29
Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:22 PM
Any way to allow this program when the server changed to unlimited fuel?
Ranger1230 #30
Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:58 PM
I quickly adjusted it to accommodate unlimited fuel (I think). The server I play on doesn't have unlimited fuel so I'm not sure. the new code is:

pastebin get a1m42gxN dig

I just tested this quick in a single player world.
Forged #31
Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:45 AM
Seems to be working, Just does not show the menu for the original program.
Ranger1230 #32
Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:06 AM
What do you mean it doesn't show the menu? The little questionnaire regarding how large a hole to make and the starting height?
Forged #33
Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:03 PM
Yea
Forged #34
Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:06 PM
Wait nvm, think my turtle bugged out
Ranger1230 #35
Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:28 PM
A few things,
1) I have seen the failed to yield error the Creator talked about in his first post. When that happens you can try to repair the coords file if it is corrupted. I have looked around and I'm not sure there is much I can do for it. I think it's a computercraft defect.
2) When the chunk unloads and reloads you might want to do a quick check to make sure the turtle is still mining in the right spot. I have had (at least twice) an issue where the turtle is off by one block and continues mining. I am trying to think of a good way to solve for this (which I'm sure there is) but it will take some time. In the database world we call this error recovery. or in this case a lack there of :P/>
TheSafo #36
Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:56 PM
I keep getting a "Slot number 0 out of range" error, which seems to be happening when the inventory fills up and it goes back to the chest. It then proceeds to fly up higher than where the chest to store things are and drops all items on the ground.
Apfeldstrudel #37
Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:40 AM
I am sorry for all the non-fixed bugs, I haven't been home for the last week so i couldn't access the internet… Fixing it now :D/>

EDIT: And adding a non refuel version
Apfeldstrudel #38
Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:52 AM
Hey, I debugged the code and found that there are two issues. The fist is in the combine function there is, at line 267:
sel = sel % junkItems
This needs to be wrapped in an if condition because if junkItems is 0 sel is set to nil since you cannot divide by 0 (without destroying the world).
The other issue is the setDepth at line 9. This needs to be -5 instead of -4 since bedrock starts at 4 and 5 is the last fully minable layer.

For those of you who don't want to modify the code to get it to work I have a pastebin setup until Xyexs fixes his. To use the copy I have with the two bug fixes I listed enter into the turtle:

Other then that this program works great. Xyexs you are a great programmer. keep it up :)/>
Thank you!

i think i understand what you mean- FIXED :D/>
Apfeldstrudel #39
Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Is there something wrong with the link or is it my install?

Do you mean pastebin get is not working? That means (probably) that the HTTP api is disabled in cc config
heavy1metal #40
Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:07 PM
** Nevermind. Found out when fueling up my turtle with lava buckets and I go over 9,999 it will ignore everyblock that isn't in front of it.
Apfeldstrudel #41
Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:00 AM
** Nevermind. Found out when fueling up my turtle with lava buckets and I go over 9,999 it will ignore everyblock that isn't in front of it.
I dont think it likes buckets… sorry D;

EDIT: i see what you mean after some testing- FIXED

For anyone that wonders i renamed a variable and forgot to rename it where it is used- blame me(or lua for not defining variables)

It was called "isJunku" and i renamed it "isJunkUp"
Missed to rename isjunku somewhere and it became true(i think) and thought everything is junk
Apfeldstrudel #42
Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:28 PM
Got (i think) all the bugs fixed :D/> Thanks for the support
Ranger1230 #43
Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:02 PM
sel = sel % junkItems

Thank you!

i think i understand what you mean- FIXED :D/>

Glad to help. As a programmer it was fun to work with it. Helped me learn a lot about Lua. :)/>
Apfeldstrudel #44
Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:55 AM
sel = sel % junkItems

Other then that this program works great. Xyexs you are a great programmer. keep it up :)/>/>
Thank you!

i think i understand what you mean- FIXED :D/>/>

Glad to help. As a programmer it was fun to work with it. Helped me learn a lot about Lua. :)/>/>

:D/> always nice to help
Zudo #45
Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:59 AM
I like it :)/>
Apfeldstrudel #46
Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:58 AM
I like it :)/>
Apfeldstrudel #47
Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:06 PM
I wont be able to work with the turtle for the next 1-2 weeks, but when i come back there will be a huge update
ivos97 #48
Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:41 PM
hi, After the turtle goes to the top to refueling, i often get that the turtle says "can't move forward.trying again…" but it can move forward. the weird thing is. the turtle goes forward and just digs a trench till he's out of fuel again… maybe u can do something about it??
Apfeldstrudel #49
Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:58 AM
Has it lost its place?
If you wanna know what happened, if the chunk unloads when its in a move the turtle doesnt execute the coord changing code and thinks its on the same block as it was before.

Will be fixed soon :D/>
headwound #50
Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:18 PM
First off, this is the best quick start mining turtle program I have found. Thanks.

I'm having an issue where when the turtle moves to the drop function, it drops everything including the slots 1-4 that have been set. Not sure why. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
Apfeldstrudel #51
Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:03 PM
The drop function is called multiple times.. The most common are when it refuels and when its out of space.

Is it doing this everytime its calls or is there something wrong in a call
ivos97 #52
Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:14 AM
Has it lost its place?
If you wanna know what happened, if the chunk unloads when its in a move the turtle doesnt execute the coord changing code and thinks its on the same block as it was before.

Will be fixed soon :D/>

Got a chunkloader next to my "Quarry" so i think this isn't the problem:)
Apfeldstrudel #53
Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:25 AM
No server / client restart?

I am going to almost rewrite the entire program in a more effecient way soon, so i might not even fix it … Unless it's still there after the rewrite
headwound #54
Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:58 AM
This weekend I got the getLava refuel program. This worked great and was able to refuel my turtles to 95000 each. This seems to have for now resolved my issue.

p.s. Looking forward to your rewrite. :-)
Apfeldstrudel #55
Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:13 PM
Nice
dxbydt #56
Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:28 PM
Can I make a super important suggestion for your rewrite? I'm not sure if you do this already but can you enable it to refuel and drop off items using two different ender chests? One ender chest stores all the fuel (ie lava buckets or cells) and the other has some other connected chest pulling items out of it. That way the turtle never has to go back to the surface to refuel or drop off items.
Apfeldstrudel #57
Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:23 AM
As said above, this will be rewritten(kinda) , i might include that.

A big change will be that it doesnt have to remine the layer when the chunk unloads and will rarely/never lose its place
Aaand thanks for the feedback :D/>
Trial_And_Error #58
Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:09 PM
Hello,

I just wanted to say this is a nice program first.

One thing I have noticed is this program has trouble with gravel/sand that is above the block that he is chopping above him. It will fall on his head and then he will move and then it will fall to the ground along with the rest of the stack of gravel/sand after he has moved leaving the stack un-mined behind him. Other than that I have seen no other problems thus far.
Apfeldstrudel #59
Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:04 PM
Hello,

I just wanted to say this is a nice program first.

One thing I have noticed is this program has trouble with gravel/sand that is above the block that he is chopping above him. It will fall on his head and then he will move and then it will fall to the ground along with the rest of the stack of gravel/sand after he has moved leaving the stack un-mined behind him. Other than that I have seen no other problems thus far.
Hmmm … Wouldnt the program have dug all of the sand when digging forward?

Only way i can see this happening is when you have started it under gravel/sand, did you?
tgmdbm #60
Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:24 AM
Hi,

The latest version of SMT I could find was 2.0.0

I took that version and fixed a few bugs.

It still has the problem of losing its position if it gets unloaded during a movement or a turn operation. Not sure how to get round that to be honest. Other than adding a GPS satellite which would be ideal, then it wouldn't need to store its position or orientation (just it's starting position)!

Here's my latest

http://pastebin.com/yr0cQMb4

(I'm working on an automated GPS satellite delivery/recovery program.)
Apfeldstrudel #61
Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:59 AM
:o/> you fixed it? How??????????????????? The stuck on generation thingy?

I actually forgot this project learning java
kreezxil #62
Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:57 AM
(I'm working on an automated GPS satellite delivery/recovery program.)

Let me know when you have that done? I am so interested.
Mitchfizz05 #63
Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:31 AM
Found a bug: If you leave the game while the turtle is going upwards to empty inventory, when you get back on, it messes up and goes up over the chest and dumps everything into the sky.
If that gets fixed, I'll probably use in my survival world. Until then I will probably use the default excavation program - just to be on the safe side.
Apfeldstrudel #64
Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:45 AM
Found a bug: If you leave the game while the turtle is going upwards to empty inventory, when you get back on, it messes up and goes up over the chest and dumps everything into the sky.
If that gets fixed, I'll probably use in my survival world. Until then I will probably use the default excavation program - just to be on the safe side.
Using the beta or normal version?
I'd think it will be fixed when 2.0.0 is up

Edit:
Pff, WHEN i find it? It's fixed! (since 2 minutes)
SMT 2.0.0 FINALLY FINISHED
runedog48 #65
Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:31 PM
Line 237 ( Refueling ) attempting to compare number with a string. I currently have fuel disabled. After reading previous posts of the earlier version it mentions that when you attempt to get the fuel level when unlimited fuel is activated it returns "unlimited" a string and the statement that you've written attempts to compare that string a number causing the error.
Apfeldstrudel #66
Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:50 PM
Line 237 ( Refueling ) attempting to compare number with a string. I currently have fuel disabled. After reading previous posts of the earlier version it mentions that when you attempt to get the fuel level when unlimited fuel is activated it returns "unlimited" a string and the statement that you've written attempts to compare that string a number causing the error.
Fixed :D/>
runedog48 #67
Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:53 PM
Thanks.
Failcomplete #68
Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:23 AM
I'm having an issue where the turtle comes to dump his stuff off. after he's unloaded he starts to mine as if his orientation changed and he'll mine a few blocks forward then end beside the loot chest and stop moving entirely.
Apfeldstrudel #69
Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:20 AM
On it ASAP

Edit: More exactly where does it go?
Failcomplete #70
Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:33 PM
He goes forward and this time he went left 1 block then 180 back to the left side of the "loot" chest.
dronf #71
Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:31 PM
Something isn't working quite right for me. I put cobble, stone, gravel, and dirt in 1-4, and it still seems to get dumped into the chest. This is in mc 1.6.2, cc 1.5.6…is this a known issue?

thx!

EDIT: Actually, i have even worse problems than that. It looks like the little guy is getting mixed up and changing directions. I walked over to check on it and it had broken both chests and went off mining 90 degrees clockwise from the original plot.
Apfeldstrudel #72
Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:27 AM
to start with ..don't put cobble!

unless worldgen spawns tons of cobble!

It also has to dig its path so it get some cobble.. but les than the normal excavate
HunterG22 #73
Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:17 PM
I've tried to use this but I got the error smt:200: attempt to compare nil with number This happens right after it says generating path? any ideas?
Apfeldstrudel #74
Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

I've tried to use this but I got the error smt:200: attempt to compare nil with number This happens right after it says generating path? any ideas?

DROP OFF / REFUEL NOT WORKING, DONT USE UNTIL I FIX

I gotta fix that, but school is keeping me busy … maybe during christmas or the week before :D/>
Apfeldstrudel #75
Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:46 PM
Please delete this thread
Lyqyd #76
Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:57 PM
Thread closed by request. Please use the report button next time.