This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
improvshark's profile picture

-MurderBot- the xp/enchanting turtle

Started by improvshark, 19 May 2013 - 03:37 PM
improvshark #1
Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:37 PM
-MurderBot- Is a program for a turtle with the enchanting peripheral (misc peripheral required ), that will collect xp and loot from a farm.

pastbin: http://pastebin.com/NrAu9d0N

Mode Toggle: press M to toggle from Murder Mode to Enchant Mode.

Murder Mode - Turtle will kill mobs and take their items/xp. Once the turtle is full, it will export to the left.

Enchant Mode - Use turtle as an enchanting table. To enchant an item put it in the top left slot. By using the arrow keys, you can change the desired level of enchantment, followed by the enter key to enchant the item.

Auto Enchant : press E to switch on Auto Enchant while in the Murder mode. Fill the Bottom right slot with books/item you want enchanted each time the turtle hits level 30.

note: the monitor under the turtle is not necessary but really useful
… Also, this is my first publicly shared program, let me know what you think. :o/>

Spoiler

I have also used this smaller program (spoiler below) to make a little more complex mob farms
Spoiler
slot = 1
function dropStuff()
turtle.select(slot)
turtle.dropDown()
if slot <16 then
slot = slot + 1
elseif slot == 16 then
slot = 1
end

end

print("	murdering ")
while true do
turtle.attackUp()
dropStuff()
end

superaxander #2
Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:19 AM
Very nice. It could use some compacting though otherwise very cool!
MonthOLDpickle #3
Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:41 AM
Any video? I am really new to this stuff…so it will kill and drop items..but also enchant?
SyberSmoke #4
Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:38 PM
Why press M? Why not just let the bot kill till a set level then enchant automatically?

Heck with the right setup as I think about it he could emit a redstone signal and with a NOR Gate turn on and off a spawner all on it's own so if it is out of books…no more mobs. Damn I wish programming made sense to me…heh
unobtanium #5
Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:57 PM
If he had no books he should still kill and gain exp. and if the player comes back and gives it new books it will enchant until it has less then 30 levels again.
improvshark #6
Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:24 PM
Why press M? Why not just let the bot kill till a set level then enchant automatically?

If he had no books he should still kill and gain exp. and if the player comes back and gives it new books it will enchant until it has less then 30 levels again.

unobtanium and sybersmoke the bot already does both these things. Press E to turn on auto enchanting, and make sure it is in murder mode. Maybe I will post a video too demonstrate.

auto enchant : press E to switch to auto mode and fill the Bottom right slot with books/item you want enchanted when the turtle hits level 30.
Upgrade_Windows #7
Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:32 PM
Nice program. I will need to look into XP turtles a little more and maybe one day actually use them :P/>
mymusicmanager #8
Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:06 PM
Looks pretty sweet… Might use it ;)/>

But you should definantly uplaod a video
mangraa #9
Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:06 AM
Works great!
XxLinkGamingxX #10
Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:45 AM
Is it possible to make it so that the turtle drops the enchanted items in another chest on a different side instead of the chest with the mob loot?
mrdeadlocked #11
Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:48 PM
First off. I love your program. I've gotten it almost exactly how I want it. EXCEPT for one small thing. Is there a way to have the turtle grab books from a chest on its left to refill when its out of books?