This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
wzdan's profile picture

mobTower program

Started by wzdan, 30 May 2013 - 07:22 AM
wzdan #1
Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:22 AM
This is my first program. Not very elegant, but it works. Each time it's run it builds another level of a mob tower (similar to the type Etho uses in his LP's).
http://pastebin.com/4YEKNfZm
Notes:
-You need to create the floor of the 1st level manually (or use a different turtle program to create a platform).
-You'll need to place the 8 water source blocks per level manually, break out the center block for mobs to fall through, and would also recommend manually placing a half slab in the middle of each pad to prevent spider spawns.
-Turtle will build forward & to the right of starting spot, placing blocks the level below it. Total size is 19x19x5. Turtle will return to starting area for the next level up each time. Its inventory should be refilled, then program run again for additional levels.
-Fuel goes in turtle's 1st slot, blocks in the others. Takes about 8-9 stacks/level.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:27 AM
Split into new topic.
Cranium #3
Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:35 AM
Well, I think this was supposed to be in programs, because I don't see any question here. Lyqyd, did you read it? ;)/>
CreeKsx3 #4
Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:04 PM
Well done no the best code but should work i try it now in my world
xXLeNinjaXx #5
Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:15 PM
Pictures would be helpful
"Turtle will build forward & to the right of starting spot, placing blocks the level below it."
but if you read it for a while you'll get it

somewhat….
Edited on 12 January 2014 - 12:15 PM
Buho #6
Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:10 PM
Each time it's run it builds another level of a mob tower (similar to the type Etho uses in his LP's).
The last two farms Etho built don't use water but instead use tripwire and pistons. Pics please.

I should post my mob tower builder. It uses the tripwire-piston technique plus a waterless piston funnel to capture endermen.