This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
H4X0RZ's profile picture

Only-Creative building tutrtle

Started by H4X0RZ, 07 June 2013 - 04:53 PM
H4X0RZ #1
Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:53 PM
The Idea:
You have a turtle that is only available in the creative menu. This turtle has infinite items/blocks etc.

Why I get this:
I hate it to fill a turtle with many stacks because I know they are used in a few minutes.

Thx for readin
-Freack100-
Cranium #2
Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:06 PM
Not going to happen. Just go into creative mode.
basdxz #3
Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:08 PM
Get yourself someone with creative that wants to role-play a turtle :D/>.
Engineer #4
Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:23 PM
Why would you want that? I mean, you mostly use turtle's for survival, right?
H4X0RZ #5
Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:33 AM
Why would you want that? I mean, you mostly use turtle's for survival, right?
Nope,
I use the turtles in creative very often because I try many things out(for example: a shape builder)
ChunLing #6
Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:50 AM
If you're testing a program in creative, the turtle still needs to be under the same basic constraints that it will have in survival, or the program will only work with the creative turtle.

If you want to just have easy ways to alter the terrain, then use a map editor.
ironwiccan #7
Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:04 PM
I really see no point in this. I agree with ChunLing. You would have no idea if the program works. I don't know much about coding but it happens all the time in RC, you get a setup that works flawlessly untill you get out of creative and the walkway is to close to the tracks and your steam engine splatters you across the mountain side. Just stick with what we have and be thankful we have it.
electrodude512 #8
Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:42 PM
Get Immibis's Tubestuff mod. It has a duplicator block. Fill the duplicator with your item and have the turtle get infinite amounts of that item from there. Or write your own peripheral. When I get around to writing a peripheral collection for CC, it will have a creative turtle, but who knows how long that'll be in
1vannn #9
Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:55 AM
Just make a IC2 duplicator and tell a turtle to get it's items it needs in a chest. It's not a huge hassle.