This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
unobtanium's profile picture

BeeKeeper-System for GenerikB

Started by unobtanium, 15 June 2013 - 12:14 PM
unobtanium #1
Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:14 PM
Hello everyone,

some days ago, Generikb talked about a way to control his alvearies and to easyly see what is going on.
I tought "That has to be done with ComputerCraft" and i implemented some ideas. The finished product is the

BEEKEEPER-SYSTEM

Features

- 4x6 monitor screen
- Mega Alveary design included by having three 4x4 layers on the screen
- fairly easy to set up and change various settings like the individual text color
- it shows for every alvearys:
— which kind of bee is in it
— if it is working or not
— if a storage unit is full of the product this bee makes
- live updates on the screen
- automatic shutdown when a storage unit is full (toggleable)
- manuell shutdown or start every alveary individually

Overview Video

How to install and use

You are going to need an advanced computer plus 24 advanced monitor blocks. Place them like shown in the picture above. Attention: You have to put (shift+rightclick) a modem on the back side of the advanced computer.
Rightclick on the computer and give the computer a name. You have to do this otherwise the computer wont save variables and programs. Tipe in it the following code and hit Enter

label set BeeKeeperConsole

Then copy the following code and paste it into the computer (Ctrg+V):

pastebin get 4Wstw0Px startup

Then start the program with:

startup

Now you should be able to see stuff on the big monitor. You can rightclick buttons on the left side of the screen to switch beween different modes:

FLOOR LEVELS
You can select between floor A, B and C to get information about 16 of the 48 alveary slots.
If you are rightclicking one of the alvearies, they are get turned on or off.
ADD, CHANGE. DELETE & SWITCH
When the ADD mode is selected, you can select any free alveary slots on the screen or even existing ones to change, switch or even delete them.
SpoilerThe add mode shows alveary slots, which arent set yet as well.

If you are going to add a new alveary slot, all the following names and numbers are important!!!! Please remember them!
After hitting a slot, you have to enter a name.
Then you have to tipe in a number between 1 and 10. You shouldnt use the same number twice for the same name. If you are having e.g. two "Emerald 1" the alvearies wont get shutdown individually.
At the third point you have to tipe in the name of the product, which gets produced in this alveary.
The last one is a little fun feature. You can go ahead and select from 14 different colors to determinate this kind of alveary better.
The name plus number should be writting in the selected color on the screen now. Before hitting anything else, lets move on:

For every alveary you have, you need one normal computer and one modem as well as an standard autarchic gate.
Place the gate on the pipe and the computer next to it. The modem goes on the bottom side of the computer.

Spoiler

The gate has to be set like this: If redstone signal is on then pump stuff out.
If you want to you can place a lamp next to the computer. It will indicate if the alveary is working.

Rightclick the computer and label it once again. The names you give every computer should be different and individually!!! Please dont use the same name twice.

label set alvearyComputer1

Then copy and paste this code into the computer:

pastebin get 9rBkGRu9 startup

And start it with

startup

You get asked two questions:
A name and a number. These are the same you set at the advanced computer!!!
Do that for every alveary you have.
If you want to change this alveary, then simply hit a button on your keyboard and it let you set the variables again.

You accually are done at this point. You can manually shutdown every alveary individually.

However, you can let them shutdown by themselfs if e.g. a barrel of chest went full with items.
You need one normal computer, three pipes, three normal gates, two solid blocks and one modem.
Attention! The computer's front is facing to the right and gets blocked by the right stone brick. The modem goes on right side of the computer (the opposite side we cant see because the computer itself is in the way). If you are having setting it up, watch the overview video above.

Set all gates like this: If inventory is full then redstone signal on

Open up the computer and label it:

label set storageComputer1

Then copy and paste:

pastebin get vTFJfqEt startup
and start it with

startup

You get asked which items are in the storage units:
The names you set here, have to be the same you gave the alveary slots in the advanced computer (product name)!
Whenever a storage unti runs full, a "FULL" shows up underneath every alveary slot, which produces this kind of item.

AUTO MODE
If you enabled this mode, it will shutdown or start alvearies automatically if the storage unit with the product is full or
has space in it. You still can go ahead and turn alvearies on or off by yourself!

EASTER EGG
You can change the color of the menu on the left side by clicking on its frame.

How to uninstall:

Hold Ctrg+T in the computer. Then write:

delete startup
Hold Ctrg+R and you can use the computer again or download the newest version of BeeKeeper.

Informations:

I set this system up in around 10 hours and it turned out very well. I hope Generikb is going to use it and if not, i hope you are having fun with it as well ;D

Have a wonderful day
unobtanium
Edited on 25 February 2014 - 11:28 AM
jesusthekiller #2
Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:26 PM
Woo! Genny's fans over there :D/>
unobtanium #3
Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:39 PM
Hehe! Reddit is overpowered Oo
GenerikB allready saw it and is going to take a look at it next week. <3
jesusthekiller #4
Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:00 PM
Woo!
unobtanium #5
Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:32 PM
I am having an idea i may add:
Right now you just can have one monitor staying around. I may change it so that you can set up multiple of these to access your system from different places as well ;D
edit: Nevermind. The player would have to set everything up twice, which would be a pain. If someone really want to have it, let me know about it…
GyroW #6
Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:40 PM
Nice job, is this all open to use for
everyone?
unobtanium #7
Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:55 PM
Hehe thank you!
Hell yes! Use it as you go. All programs on this website are free to use :P/>
1vannn #8
Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:24 AM
It's awesome! I hope this gets GennyB into ComputerCraft! :D/>
superaxander #9
Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:54 AM
Nice looking!
jesusthekiller #10
Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:34 AM
It's awesome! I hope this gets GennyB into ComputerCraft! :D/>

It's not going to happen. I can ensure your :P/>
unobtanium #11
Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:15 AM
Added the ability to switch alveary slots with each other. Go in add mode and rightclick an alveary slot and select switch. Select another slot (free or not doesnt matter) or cancel by rightclicking the add button again.
Also added the color black for the side menu as well as improved the color for the text.
Added overview video at the top of this post.
unobtanium #12
Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:19 AM
Improved the console/monitor program. Huge thanks to theoriginalbit for helping me out!

When adding a program, it doesnt write everything at the monitor anymore and instead on the computer screen. Just a tiny improvement, but now it is finally where i want the program to be.
NOTUSEDPLEASEDELETE #13
Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:46 AM
Great work on it but there is a spelling mistake. When you add alveries into the bee keeping computer you spelt 'type' 'tipe'.
unobtanium #14
Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:35 AM
I think thats allready fixed. Cant find it.
Mads672g #15
Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:47 PM
Hello! i was just looking at your bee api for Generik, and already i am IN LOVE! Thank you! I have been testing it a bit, and ran into a problem: if you run out of space for the apiaries, can you name 2 apiaries the same and run them of 1 "button"?
unobtanium #16
Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:14 AM
I am glad you like it :D/>
Yeah, you should be able to control a whole group of apiaries with one button. Just give the apiary computers the same name and number and they should shutdown and start all at once.