This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
RebelNode's profile picture

Computers not starting at chunk load

Started by RebelNode, 17 June 2013 - 02:54 PM
RebelNode #1
Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:54 PM
Well this has been around forever so I dunno if anyone takes it seriously as a bug. Anyway, I run a MCPC+ server with computercraft and a ton of other mods. The problem is that cc computers and turtles often (always?) fail to start again when a chunk loads. As in I leave a computer on so it should start again at chunk load, but it doesn't.

Now I don't know if this is a cc bug or something in mcpc+ chunk loading/unloading that makes it behave this way, but if any of you have had similar problems then I would very much like help fixing it for me. Having to run around right-clicking 10 or so computers every time I come back to base just means I don't want to use computercraft for anything as it doesn't make anything easier than doing things manually would.
Sammich Lord #2
Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:58 PM
The developers normally do not support anything Bukkit/MCPC+ related. You may be able to find some other community members to help you though.

I'd suggest providing more info such as the MC and CC version too if you want help.
RebelNode #3
Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:31 PM
Ahh yes, mc 1.5.2 and cc 1.53. I understand it's not possible to support every server core and setup, but let's just say this is more of a friendly ask for aid rather than a true bug report. I'm sure a lot of other people have run into similar problems and hopefully some of them have found solutions.
Lyqyd #4
Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:42 AM
Try using a chunk loader mod? You'd only have to manually start them after a server restart.
RebelNode #5
Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:44 AM
Yea chunk loaders work, but I can't really give every player chunk loaders. Also the computers seem to behave properly at server restarts, they just derp randomly at some chunk loads/unloads. I'll try to maybe ask the mcpc+ guys if they have any experience with this problem, though I haven't found any discussion about it on their side yet.