This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Geforce Fan's profile picture

Being able to write music disks to a computer's Hard Drive and Floppys

Started by Geforce Fan, 20 June 2013 - 12:34 PM
Geforce Fan #1
Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:34 PM
Title speaks for itself, we should be able to download music disks onto a computers hard drive and play them from there, as well as write them from the hard drive to a floppy.
Upgrade_Windows #2
Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:35 PM
I love this idea.
jesusthekiller #3
Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:48 PM
I actually like it…

Save some java's music ID or whatever it is to CC file, it it's correct play disk, if not bump error. Should not be too hard to do.
nutcase84 #4
Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:22 PM
But… how… would… you… convert… it
Geforce Fan #5
Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:24 PM
I actually like it…

Save some java's music ID or whatever it is to CC file, it it's correct play disk, if not bump error. Should not be too hard to do.
Yes, but it should be so you can't just download a music disk, you should still have to get it legit. Maybe have the mod have a thing to check it that you can't change? Like, say the mod says which computer IDs and Floppy IDs are authorized to play the music.
Sammich Lord #6
Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:28 PM
I actually like it…

Yes, but it should be so you can't just download a music disk, you should still have to get it legit. Maybe have the mod have a thing to check it that you can't change? Like, say the mod says which computer IDs and Floppy IDs are authorized to play the music.
DRM for music disks now?
jesusthekiller #7
Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:48 PM
Idea is that you can download them… I hope… Or generate random server ID and encrypt that disk ID with it…
Geforce Fan #8
Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:58 PM
I think you should have to get the music disk yourself, but sharing them and playing them without having to stick it in the disk drive is the idea.
Lyqyd #9
Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:40 PM
This sounds kind of like a rather terrible idea. Locked.