This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
H4X0RZ's profile picture

[artificial neural network - ANN] - Is it posible to do ot in CClua?

Started by H4X0RZ, 21 June 2013 - 04:45 PM
H4X0RZ #1
Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:45 PM
Hello all,
I'm talking about THIS.
Is this possible in lua?
Orwell #2
Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:56 PM
Of course it is. Neural networks are merely a mathematical model. It should be able to implement this in practically every programming language.
nutcase84 #3
Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:56 PM
I don't see why not…

And I see you posted this on a mobile. You should make the link the desktop version.

Edit: Ninja'd :L
H4X0RZ #4
Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:01 PM
Edited the link.

I've downloaded a php implementation.
Now I hve to understand it and translate it into lua.
Then there is a working ANN for lua :D/>
H4X0RZ #5
Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:24 AM
Yay,
I've found a pure lua implementation!
http://www.forums.evilmana.com/psp-lua-codebase/lua-neural-networks
nitrogenfingers #6
Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:15 AM
You can do it but I fail to see the point. Neural Networks are best for dealing with trainable or fuzzy data and there just isn't much of that in the discrete world minecraft and computercraft work in. If you were performing feature detection, classification on images or trying to classify complex or multi-dimensional data it'd make sense. But there's not a lot of that in CC- most information you work with is either user input or environmental information, both of which are on a general scale discrete and unambiguous.

Making the framework for one is however a nice exercise if you're interested in machine learning or neurocomputation. I'm just not sure what you'd do with it :P/>
Engineer #7
Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:18 AM
Making the framework for one is however a nice exercise if you're interested in machine learning or neurocomputation. I'm just not sure what you'd do with it :P/>
He found one, so I assume he is not bothered to make it….