This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Zambonie's profile picture

Wireless redstone built in a computer((Right now impossible)API)

Started by Zambonie, 23 June 2013 - 05:33 PM
Zambonie #1
Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:33 PM
When I was building my house,I wanted to make my monitor connected with a LAN cable on my comp.I also wanted to make my disk drive under the computer and pop out from under it so I could place my disc in and go back in by using a program.But I want all this covered.So I was wondering if it was a good idea to make a wireless redstone api.What it does is,besides placing down a wireless transmitter/reciver,the computer could recive/transmit it by its self.So this way,I could have my wire running from the back and instead of having my reciver in a place were I could see it,it would be controlled by the comp and activating/deactivating the pistons. So everything will be nice and hidden.The api reciving command could be like this:

stringything = wr.recive(1) --wr is wireless redstone and (1) is the freq.
--or--
stringymijig = wr.isOn()--or Off.isOn checks if the freq is on.

And the transmitting command:

wr.transmit(1) --transmit tells it to transmit a signal,and 1 is the freq.

If you might think rednet,remember,you still need the mode,and that takes one block on space.In my desighn,there are blocks surrounding the comp like pillars and they look nice,so I dont want to destroy them…So,ya!

Sorry if I spelt anything wrong or if I double taped anything..The keyboard im using right now isnt to good ;)/>

1+ if you like this idea!

And thanks for supporting!(Hope this will be added in :)/> )
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:53 PM
I'm sorry to say that this probably won't be added, and even if it were to be added there would be a peripheral go with it.
As it currently stands you do have peripheral cables, so I know you said you liked the look, but if you put your peripherals on cables then you will be able to clear a side.
Also, I don't know the progress for this, or if it is still even a plan, but there was a suggestion made a little while ago about adding a peripheral block that can attach to peripheral cables and turn on/off redstone and bundled cables.
Lastly, after clearing out the space there is a few APIs that add wireless redstone. Also if I remember there is one called WCON which uses the Internet to "send" redstone signals between computers and can even be controlled by a web interface, maybe this can be a solution for you if you don't want to move things as the HTTP API doesn't require a peripheral.
Zambonie #3
Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:09 PM
Ok,thanks.Im using direwolfpack on ftb so I dont know if it will be a problem for it.But thanks anyways.Ill see if I could do anything.
Lyqyd #4
Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:58 PM
WRCBE transmitters/receivers can already be used as peripherals. The functionality won't be added into ComputerCraft itself without the use of the peripheral block. Locked.