This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Zambonie's profile picture

(Safe Booter)Tigerboot.Craft os booter with a lock!(Screenshots.)

Started by Zambonie, 23 June 2013 - 08:13 PM
Zambonie #1
Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:13 PM
TigerBoot
Craft Os Booter with a safe login

Tigerboot is a craft os booter witch first requires a login.Tiger boot has a 3 installers(Sorry,im using pastebin,so…)that create the files it needs and downloads the items it needs.Tigerboot has 'user' for default for the password and username.Tigerboot is an advanced-Computer program only.A no-advanced version will come out soon.In later versions,you will have the choice to add your own 'bootables' so you dont have to type in that program name!(Programs like Firewolf,xeno,Tigerboot itself(wow….),etc…)Tigerboot will also be used for the original xeno login system.(The login system im using now is bad,so im going to replace it with this one.)So,please download and enjoy!

A new Big goal:
SpoilerA new big goal:
This new goal im setting for is really just this: If you go down to the second post, you'll find that someone has suggested multi-user support. So, I said ill try adding that in the next update. But when I was thinking, I thought about that not just having your own bootables, but having an actual CraftOs profile! This means that you will have your own folder for programs. But if you want someone elses program to check out from the same computer, you will have a new program called: 'Requester' . In requester, you could login, select someones profile, and request a program from their list! After this, go tell your friend, "Hey, other word for girl dog! Come over and accept this request!"(Dont really say that.) . So Mr.Othernameforgirldog comes and logs in, and he accepts your request! So craft os copys the program and sends it over to you! Good Idea, Eh?

Screenshots:
SpoilerLogin Menu:

When logged in:

Note when in options:

Rename Option:
Installer1:DFeYrjBN

Installer2:S5tMQRgx

Installer3:iZQhrT13

Please download these in order.

Thank you!
superaxander #2
Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:18 AM
Screenshots not Screebshots
Why do you have multiple installers
And you don't know what pastebin id the first is when you could've tested that.
Otherwise might good but I haven't looked at the code yet

EDIT: the first it's the one with the D
EDIT2: no indentation (hard to read) but the code looks like it'll work so that's something good. I'll wait for the screenshots before I download.
EDIT3: i think on line 31 you meant:

elseif not userc or not passc then
Zambonie #3
Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:58 PM
Sorry,I was in a rush.I needed to go somewhere so I didn't got much time to do this post.And again,I'm using my bad keyboard.(aka my tablet.)I'm going to fix that prob.I wanted to do something like that,but I really didn't know.Also,for Jesus,I'll try but I'm really forgetting to.Also I am planning to add multi user support to the next update along with adding your own bootable programs.Also thanks for telling me that its d.IK, I'm sorry.I'm new to paste in,so I'll see if I could do something like that it will continue running the program after its done with the pastebin download and it could download the other 2 programs needed.

Thanks!I'm not on the computer right now and when I do I'll fix the stuff and when only on the comp,I'll user indentations,cause it so hard to type on this tablet.

-All of the errors in the topic fixed.
NOTUSEDPLEASEDELETE #4
Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:28 AM
If you want it to automatically switch modes I think the command you are looking for is
term.isColor()
It returns true if you are using an advanced computer.