This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Sora Firestorm's profile picture

In-game Programming : Survival or Creative?

Started by Sora Firestorm, 23 June 2013 - 10:55 PM
Sora Firestorm #1
Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:55 AM
Curious on which people would prefer which mode to program in.
I can understand wanting to use creative to have all the equipment,
but I also feel like it's a perfect way to pass time in survival.

Thoughts?
Grim Reaper #2
Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:30 AM
I personally love using ComputerCraft for all things Minecraft, so I agree with your saying that it's a great way to pass the time.

However, programming with multiple files and hundreds of lines of code can be very tedious and frustrating if you don't have some kind of environment which can help you track down errors, format code, and sift through your code. Therefore, when it comes to large projects, programming externally is definitely a preference for me.
GravityScore #3
Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:45 AM
I can't stand programming in Minecraft at all, so anything and everything I do is external :)/>

But if I'm force to do it in game, creative definitely - I really can't be bothered mining for a new computer if I need a second one to test something, or to make a modem, etc…
RoD #4
Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:33 AM
maybe creative to get the computers easly, but when in creative you can break your computer and lose all proograms in it. I am not sure but you can backup your pc's. But i like survival for programming. :D/> just find a good spot (maybe undergorund) you don't want a creeper to blow up your creations XD and make sure you alaways save your programs in a floppy disk (then place it somewhere safe, i like the ender chest) :)/>
nutcase84 #5
Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:10 AM
maybe creative to get the computers easly, but when in creative you can break your computer and lose all proograms in it. I am not sure but you can backup your pc's. But i like survival for programming. :D/> just find a good spot (maybe undergorund) you don't want a creeper to blow up your creations XD and make sure you alaways save your programs in a floppy disk (then place it somewhere safe, i like the ender chest) :)/>

You can ID computers.
superaxander #6
Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:08 AM
maybe creative to get the computers easly, but when in creative you can break your computer and lose all proograms in it. I am not sure but you can backup your pc's. But i like survival for programming. :D/>/> just find a good spot (maybe undergorund) you don't want a creeper to blow up your creations XD and make sure you alaways save your programs in a floppy disk (then place it somewhere safe, i like the ender chest) :)/>/>

You can ID computers.
You mean label computers?
apemanzilla #7
Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:10 PM
For me I write programs externally, but tend to use them in Survival (more uses)
M4sh3dP0t4t03 #8
Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:44 PM
I like to write programs in creative/emulators and use then in survival.