This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
isavegas's profile picture

Protecting spawn...

Started by isavegas, 26 June 2013 - 05:28 PM
isavegas #1
Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:28 PM
I've been helping to run an FTB Ultimate server for a while now, and we just installed MCPC+ Legacy, so we have the ability to run Bukkit stuff and whatnot. We have WorldGuard, Factions, and a few other plugins that protect blocks. Unfortunately, I can't seem to stop turtles from bypassing all of it. I've tried everything from deopping "[ComputerCraft]" to specifically negating it's permissions, and yet nothing works. I really don't want to have to remove turtles to protect spawn, along with everyone's faction land. What exactly can I do to stop people from making use of this obvious exploit?
Lyqyd #2
Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:13 AM
There's not really anything else to do, sorry. The developers have stated previously that they aren't willing to invest too much extra effort into compatibility with a permissions scheme until there's an official one included in Forge. You can remove turtles specifically by removing the cc_turtles.jar (may not be exact name, but it will be close) from the ComputerCraft zip.
lieudusty #3
Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:16 AM
Well turtle.place() respects the protection but the rest of the turtle functions don't.
darkrising #4
Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:33 PM
Could try using MFFS to suck the turtle up with area defense, not really tested it though… Just a thought :)/>