This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
InDieTasten's profile picture

Scripting Competition - #01 - Monitor Array

Started by InDieTasten, 30 June 2013 - 03:45 PM
InDieTasten #1
Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:45 PM
I recently uploaded a competition video:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJYWN7nMBU[/media]
I do not have that much of subscribers so to reach more people i thought it is a good idea to post it here.

Information about the competition:
• rebuild the big monitor shown in the video
• write a term-table for the complete setup

It's a combination between an API and the Monitor Administration Computer.
You should be able to call a function like yourAPI.connect(channel) and it returns a term-table so you
can use it as a target for example: term.redirect(yourApi.connect(1337))

Thats what I would like but it's your choice. You can try different ways to implemtent this idea.
This is btw the first season of the series, so i have a lot of ideas for the next one.

~InDieTasten
Edited on 07 July 2013 - 02:33 AM
superaxander #2
Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:52 AM
Nice! I am not German but I understand it quite well. Germany is just 3 km from here :)/>
InDieTasten #3
Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:01 AM
Nice! I am not German but I understand it quite well. Germany is just 3 km from here :)/>
about 80 more and we can meet xD The shortest way to the netherlands would be about 50km long. :)/>

right now, I'm not exactly sure how to review the solutions. so maybe i can open it up for the rest of the world :o/>

~InDieTasten
TheRealMaverick #4
Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:37 PM
i would like to participate

btw why is this german-only? the code you will get is going to be lua, no matter where it was coded
InDieTasten #5
Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:51 AM
i would like to participate

btw why is this german-only? the code you will get is going to be lua, no matter where it was coded
go ahead and it is german-only because i want to make videos with the competitors. and my videos
& my subscribers are german. thats the reason. and i would like to keep it german because there aren't
that many computercraft videos or tutorials in german. and i would like to fill this gap ;)/>

~InDieTasten
InDieTasten #6
Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:34 AM
I opened it to the rest of the community.
It's no more german-only

~InDieTasten