This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Dejected's profile picture

Wireless Controlled Turtles!

Started by Dejected, 22 July 2013 - 09:10 AM
Dejected #1
Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:10 AM
DOWNLOAD:
Computer:http://www.pastebin.com/qjZtTL2c
Turtle:http://www.pastebin.com/hmsMfnUZ

I've been working on this program to wirelessly control turtles because it's always been something I wanted for a long time so I did it myself.

My program displays the turtle on the screen(kinda) and if it runs into a spot where it cant move forward then it will display an X(this also happens if it isn't fueled) and if you are using a Mining Turtle you can use the spacebar to dig that block and on the screen it'll destroy the X. Thats it really.

Planned Features:
  • Move Across The Z Axis(Up/Down)
  • Place Blocks
  • Move Backwards
  • Any Suggestions You Guys Have For Me I'll Try To Put In Because I Love Coding And Have Alot of Fun Doing It.

WARNING!!!
IF YOU LOOK IN THE PROGRAMS CODE YOU WILL SEE A MASSIVE CODE OF ALOT OF THINGS THAT COULD BE SHORTENED.
Like I said I enjoy coding but I also enjoy the coding being simple to understand(for me anyways).

Installation:
1.In your Computercraft config you MUST enable API_http
2.Open your computer and type pastebin get qjZtTl2c Computer
3.Open your turtle and type pastebin get hmsMfnUZ Turtle

How To Use:
Open your computer and type id(Remember That Number)
Open your turtle and type id(Remember That Number)
Still in your turtle type turtle
Still in your turtle type the computer id
Go into your computer and type computer
Then type the turtle id
And there you go your in

Controls:
Up Arrow - Move Forward
Left Arrow - Turn Left
Right Arrow - Turn Right
Spacebar - Dig Block

Thanks again and remember leave me any suggestions you have I'll be glad to receive them!
Dejected #2
Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:30 PM
Currently fixing the off the screen problem unfortunately that means that you can only go as far as the screen has pixels but until I find a better solution this is all I can do.
RoD #3
Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:53 PM
try to fix all the problems before posting it on the forums :D/> that way you don't need to edit the post or make peaople wait for the fix :P/> good work btw
Dejected #4
Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:59 PM
The updated version is finished to get it all you have to do is enter pastebin get qjZtTL2c Computer
For the turtle it is the same because I did not have to change anything there.
UPDATE:
All that was added was that now if your turtle moved somewhere and that space had nothing then it puts an O down and also the turtle can no longer move any further than the amount of pixels of the computer screen(I think all the Computercraft Computers have the same amount of pixels but if not just tell me and I'll find a way to fix it)

try to fix all the problems before posting it on the forums :D/> that way you don't need to edit the post or make peaople wait for the fix :P/> good work btw
Thank you very much and the only reason I posted it now was because I wanted feedback sorry.
HaloWarZone #5
Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:56 PM
Good Work :)/>
Dejected #6
Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:08 PM
I Have A Question For Everybody. If I Were To Put In Moving Across The Z Axis Would You Guys Be Satisfied With Whenever You Leave A Z Axis It Resets Or Do You Guys Want Me To Find A Way To Save It So When You Go Back To That Layer Everything Is Still Explored?
Dejected #7
Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:55 AM
Good Work :)/>
Thank You B)/>
Dejected #8
Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:54 PM
Since Your Here Can You Go Check Out The Minecraft University Forum Here http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/13632-computer-craft-university-reopening-soon/page__pid__135444__st__100#entry135444 And If Your Skills Are Good Enough Then Please Apply For A Teacher Because If They Dont Get Enough Teachers They May Shutdown.
Zudo #9
Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:33 AM
SpoilerPlease Don't Capitalize Every Word Of Your Sentences.

This program looks good, but it took me 5 minutes to find the download!
Dejected #10
Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

Yea sorry about that it's a habitI even started doing it when i was writing this.
Mitchfizz05 #11
Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:21 PM
Cool, so I could map out a dangerous area and find where all the walls are, without going in there?
That is quite cool!

A quick note:
You Don't Need To Use A Capital At The Start Of Every Word - You Are Not Typing A Title.
I know it tends to become a habit when you program, but it looks really weird.
RoD #12
Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:23 AM
Cool, so I could map out a dangerous area and find where all the walls are, without going in there?
That is quite cool!

A quick note:
You Don't Need To Use A Capital At The Start Of Every Word - You Are Not Typing A Title.
I dont think its an habit, we dont use capital at the start of every words in programming(sometimes yes, but the rest its normal) so it must be his habit for a long time. XD
Dejected #13
Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:13 PM
That is quite cool!

A quick note:
If anything Id have every word lowercase if it was from coding
Mitchfizz05 #14
Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:10 PM
That is quite cool!

A quick note:
Either way, it looks really weird.
Maybe it's VB.NET, that uses Title Case.
Dejected #15
Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:24 PM
That is quite cool!

A quick note:
Either way, it looks really weird.
Maybe it's VB.NET, that uses Title Case.
Yea if you didn't notice I did stop.
ZEKROM67 #16
Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:51 AM
Cool. I'd better try this.
Dejected #17
Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'll fix that now

There fixed just for you