This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MinecraftRocks999's profile picture

Simple Downloader [My First Ever Cc Program]

Started by MinecraftRocks999, 27 July 2013 - 09:54 AM
MinecraftRocks999 #1
Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:54 AM
I recently started to make a ComputerCraft OS and with it I was making some applications and so I made Simple Downloader.

It may not be as good as any other downloader and stuff, but it is my first ever program on the CC forums.

Screenshots:

IN-Game Download: (HTTP_API required)

pastebin get ySzciufc simpledownloader

Requirements:
HTTP_API enabled in ComputerCraft config

Up coming features:
  • Storm combatibility
  • Better GUI
  • Cursor Support

Sharing link: https://tinyurl.com/nevkkcg
Geforce Fan #2
Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:23 PM
Looks nice for a first program. Much better than making an "os" or a lock program.
MinecraftRocks999 #3
Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:35 PM
Looks nice for a first program. Much better than making an "os" or a lock program.

But I am gonna do a OS in the future.

Also I accidently pressed 'Report' on your reply to reply to it.
Geforce Fan #4
Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:48 PM
Please don't do an OS. Please!
Everyone hates OSes. You'll get flamed. on top of that, there's a reason why we all hate OSes
MinecraftRocks999 #5
Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:04 PM
Everyone hates OSes. You'll get flamed. on top of that, there's a reason why we all hate OSes

whats the reason?
ratchetgame98 #6
Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

I like custom CC OSes. I think they give CCraft a better GUI. I'm not saying that CraftOS isn't good, because it is good, but custom OSes look cool and it gives users an experience of actually coding an OS, and coding in lua
svdragster #7
Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:01 PM
Pretty nice.
But instead of using those shell.run you should use the fs and the http api!
Geforce Fan #8
Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

I like custom CC OSes. I think they give CCraft a better GUI. I'm not saying that CraftOS isn't good, because it is good, but custom OSes look cool and it gives users an experience of actually coding an OS, and coding in lua

True. For OSes that aren't created by newbies. From what I understand, MinecraftRocks is a newbie. Most "OSes" created by newbies are bad because they're new to the language, and can simply not use all the features of it in the OS, which makes it low quality which leads to flaming.
MinecraftRocks999 #9
Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

True. For OSes that aren't created by newbies. From what I understand, MinecraftRocks is a newbie. Most "OSes" created by newbies are bad because they're new to the language, and can simply not use all the features of it in the OS, which makes it low quality which leads to flaming.

Well I aren't really a newbie because I already can make a GUI
My OS so far:

Pretty nice.
But instead of using those shell.run you should use the fs and the http api!

I'll try.
Dave-ee Jones #10
Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

Please stop being so negative towards "newbs" or people that are learning.
jesusthekiller #11
Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:05 AM
That's really good for first program! +1 from me :D/>
MinecraftRocks999 #12
Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

:)/> Thank you
jesusthekiller #13
Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

Good thing to note is that "clueless" rank does not mean anything… I was around 20 posts when I've released WCON (Many lines, mostly server-side) :)/>
Geforce Fan #14
Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm not being negative. I'm just warning him, because I went down that path. Also, with your little quotes there it makes it look like I'm insulting him. Newb just means new to something, short for Newbie.
Anyhow, looking at the os it'll probably be fine, just watch out for flamers