This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
NeptunasLT's profile picture

[Os] [Comming] Lidex

Started by NeptunasLT, 27 July 2013 - 01:30 PM
NeptunasLT #1
Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:30 PM
Hello guys so im starting creating OS.

Planned features:

- Shell
- Login
- Text editor
- Multitasking

if you want to help or join just contact me at skype: electrokrexel
Kingdaro #2
Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:59 PM
So, what do you have so far?
NeptunasLT #3
Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:12 PM
@kingdaro I'm not at my laptop this time but release date is: 2013.07.30 (Planned)
Tjakka5 #4
Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:52 PM
Sooo…

You want to make a os, base it off a real os.
You havent even started yet.
And you expect it to be done in 2 days?!

If this is going to be a graphical shell, I am goig to hate you.
If not… good luck.
NeptunasLT #5
Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:58 PM
@Tjakka5 I'm trying first to create Real Time Operating System. And if you think you can't code OS in 2 days then you are wrong. I'm Spending 5-15 Hours on PC.
Engineer #6
Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:31 PM
I'm Spending 5-15 Hours on PC.

If you have a proper and user-friendly OS, I dont think that time will not be enough.

Sooo…

If not… good luck.
Dont be a lil' ***ch. I did not have seen any proper programs from you. I mean.. Seriously.. This is not something what you can call good. If I take a quick look over this game of yours, I see:

for i = 1, 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 do
Never heard of while loops eh?

I could go on for a while here, but I wont do that. Because Im not of that kind. I just cant stand that you are going to get angry if it is indeed a graphical shell. First write yourself something proper, then we can talk again.

And now you are going to search programs of mine to ***ch on, go ahead. Those programs are from january, I just was starting out back then. Feel free to do it, I wont be bothered by it.
ratchetgame98 #7
Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:46 PM
I'm Spending 5-15 Hours on PC.

If you have a proper and user-friendly OS, I dont think that time will not be enough.

Sooo…

If not… good luck.
Dont be a lil' ***ch. I did not have seen any proper programs from you. I mean.. Seriously.. This is not something what you can call good. If I take a quick look over this game of yours, I see:

for i = 1, 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 do
Never heard of while loops eh?

I could go on for a while here, but I wont do that. Because Im not of that kind. I just cant stand that you are going to get angry if it is indeed a graphical shell. First write yourself something proper, then we can talk again.

And now you are going to search programs of mine to ***ch on, go ahead. Those programs are from january, I just was starting out back then. Feel free to do it, I wont be bothered by it.

I think your OS will be quite good actually. If you have some screenshots before launch that would be great. BTW, don't get angry at other people's comments on what you want to do, just ignore them. What you do is your choice. It's up to you completely how your OS looks like, and if other people don't like it, just be happy that you accomplished something
Engineer #8
Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:51 PM
I think your OS will be quite good actually. If you have some screenshots before launch that would be great. BTW, don't get angry at other people's comments on what you want to do, just ignore them. What you do is your choice. It's up to you completely how your OS looks like, and if other people don't like it, just be happy that you accomplished something

My second part was pointed to Tjakka5, not the OP. My opinion is very similair to yours, but when it comes to promising something a such a short time, Im a bit iffy about it.
Lyqyd #9
Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:13 AM
Locked and moved to the OS section. No OS posts outside of the OS section. No OS posts without code.